ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions for Grab and Go Takeout Food for Tailgate Tomorrow.

R1766U

Senior
Jan 17, 2014
NJ
Headed to the lots straight from work tomorrow. Usually bring the grill and whole nine yards. This time, we’ve just decided to grab premade food to eat before heading into the game. We almost never do this— so looking for recommendations.

Wanted to hear what people suggest for a grab n go tailgate—specifically looking for food on our way towards the stadium (East Brunswick, New Brunswick, Highland Park or Piscataway) that I can stop and grab on my way.

Not a big group, only about 8-10 of us. Don’t want something that needs a special days ahead order obviously.

Thanks

Headed to the lots straight from work tomorrow. Usually bring the grill and whole nine yards. This time, we’ve just decided to grab premade food to eat before heading into the game. We almost never do this— so looking for recommendations.

Wanted to hear what people suggest for a grab n go tailgate—specifically looking for food on our way towards the stadium (East Brunswick, New Brunswick, Highland Park or Piscataway) that I can stop and grab on my way.

Not a big group, only about 8-10 of us. Don’t want something that needs a special days ahead order obviously.

Thanks

Buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken or get Subs

Reactions: newell138 and RUEd

Thanks
Order a bunch of bolis from Stuff Yer Face - they stay warm for quite awhile (I get them and they're always warm when I get to Metuchen, 15 minutes away). Same with FatCats from RU Hungry on campus.

Thanks

Jersey Shore BBQ, 77 Tices Lane, East Brunswick: Their Super Bowl catering menu features packages and plenty of JSBBQ staples. if you've run out of time for placing an order, you can always order from their regular catering menu.

Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar, Rt 18, East Brunswick: Their wings are delicious and patrons swear by them. You can order from here or join them on game day for unbeatable in-house specials like boneless wings, beer, and sangria specials.

Thanks
We usually stop at White Rose in Highland Park on our way to the parking lot, but that's for breakfast sandwiches. You can get dinner there too if you're feeling full-size White Castle style burgers (caramelized onions), cheesesteaks, etc. Personally I would avoid driving through New Brunswick, you'll have rush hour traffic mixing with gameday traffic.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
We usually stop at White Rose in Highland Park on our way to the parking lot, but that's for breakfast sandwiches. You can get dinner there too if you're feeling full-size White Castle style burgers (caramelized onions), cheesesteaks, etc. Personally I would avoid driving through New Brunswick, you'll have rush hour traffic mixing with gameday traffic.
The system (White Rose) is where you go after the game, not before.

How about Tastee Subs on Plainfield Ave?

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
cup+o+pizza.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ClassOf02

It works for us for pregame since normally we get there in the morning, so we bring breakfast sandwiches from White Rose. Speaking of Tastee, that's actually what we're doing for tomorrow's game. I just didn't mention it because it seems out of the way for the OP.

It works for us for pregame since normally we get there in the morning, so we bring breakfast sandwiches from White Rose. Speaking of Tastee, that's actually what we're doing for tomorrow's game. I just didn't mention it because it seems out of the way for the OP.
I can appreciate what you are doing. It's just that at night after a big win The White Rose System gradually fills with folks heading home from the game. Special times.

After Louisville was indescribable

He said Highland Park, and it's close enough. Thought about recommending it. JSBBQ is good stuff. Get some brisket, pulled pork BBQ and some rolls, and good to go.

BTW, we used to pick up White Rose when we worked at the RUFD on Titsworth Place way back. Best part of the experience was the order would be in a thick carboard tray box that is used for cases of soda. The grease would often be soaked through the bags and the box. Food of the Gods. My better half never had White Rose during her entire 4 years at Rutgers. Senior week, bought it as a treat- the grease did not agree with her. It's something you have to build up to, I guess.

I can appreciate what you are doing. It's just that at night after a big win The White Rose System gradually fills with folks heading home from the game. Special times.

After Louisville was indescribable
Good to know, didn't realize it's a postgame destination, and I used to live around the corner. I still go through Highland Park on my way home so I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
He said Highland Park, and it's close enough. Thought about recommending it. JSBBQ is good stuff. Get some brisket, pulled pork BBQ and some rolls, and good to go.

BTW, we used to pick up White Rose when we worked at the RUFD on Titsworth Place way back. Best part of the experience was the order would be in a thick carboard tray box that is used for cases of soda. The grease would often be soaked through the bags and the box. Food of the Gods. My better half never had White Rose during her entire 4 years at Rutgers. Senior week, bought it as a treat- the grease did not agree with her. It's something you have to build up to, I guess.
Actually the best part is the name of that street. LOL

Shelby begs to differ. There is no such thing as a wrong time for a visit to White Rose. Anyhow, bolis, subs or even a few pizzas would do the trick.

Actually the best part is the name of that street. LOL

Yeah we always had the breast, uh I mean best time back then 😉

Stuff yer Face
Call head and order a bunch of Boli's and fries, etc.

RU Hungry another option
Fat Sandwiches til your heart's delight

Curbside pickup for both

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT