ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Suriano just enrolled for classes.......

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Wow.. I didn't expect this especially given all of the uncertainty of the college season but I guess he could always take his RS or possibly another ORS if he wanted to....

With that being said, seeing him and Riveria back to back would be absolutely incredible.

Maybe Suriano thinks he can take online classes (if classes dont resume in person).
He has both his bases covered and still have ORS and a regular RS available.
I cannot imagine the 1-2 punch of Suriano and Riveria
Another run at 2 possible National Champs

Reactions: moving up
I really hope he makes the cut to 125. At 133 two years ago, he avenged losses to DeSanto, Micic, and Fix en route to his national championship. There’s only one more guy left to get back.

The other guys aren't loafing. He'll have to get more aggressive against the better wrestlers and not count on a last-second win. Micic beat him? I don't remember that one. DeSanto and Fix were last-second losses and at least Fix was a last-second win.

The other guys aren't loafing. He'll have to get more aggressive against the better wrestlers and not count on a last-second win. Micic beat him? I don't remember that one. DeSanto and Fix were last-second losses and at least Fix was a last-second win.
He's a national champ and knows what it takes to win and that he needs to pull the trigger a little more, but most get a little tighter in those big matches. Why do you think they were such close matches? It isn't like the other guys were firing off attacks... Sheesh.

Micic beat him in the dual 3-2
Yup. He was in on a bunch of shots too but Micic had good D and got a bunch of potentially dangerous calls.

Maybe getting a college degree is part of his big picture. Still plenty of options with this move. All good. $$$$

Reactions: CerealNTacos
He's a national champ and knows what it takes to win and that he needs to pull the trigger a little more, but most get a little tighter in those big matches. Why do you think they were such close matches? It isn't like the other guys were firing off attacks... Sheesh.

Yes, the other guys were tentative too. Nick has a great defense. I'd like to see him as confident in his offense as I am.

Reactions: Leonard23
Micic best him in a dual, Suriano was the only one to shoot and he got in deep several times. Micic countered one of them for a takedown and literally every other time Micic put himself in a potentially dangerous situation.

Micic then ducked him at the Big 10s wrestling all the way to the semi’s before medically forfeiting.

MY OPINION THIS IS THE BASE MOVE FOR NICK! HE CAN GET HIS DEGREE WHICH NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM AND CONTINUE TO DO WHAT HE REALLY LOVES , TO COMPETE!
GOOD LUCK!!

Reactions: rondi
Love hearing that both Suriano and Rivera can RS if the season doesn’t go
Same here, like I said in the Round table thread, I don't care when he wrestles as long as we get another year to see him in an RU singlet. If it's not this year all our younger guys are a year older. It'd be a shame not to have a season but with how young our squad is, it really doesn't hamper us.

Same here, like I said in the Round table thread, I don't care when he wrestles as long as we get another year to see him in an RU singlet. If it's not this year all our younger guys are a year older. It'd be a shame not to have a season but with how young our squad is, it really doesn't hamper us.

I worry about idle time and the possibility of individuals situations changing and losing wrestlers.

I worry about idle time and the possibility of individuals situations changing and losing wrestlers.
During a Pandemic? Most people are just bidding their time till the smoke clears. If wrestling's put on hold that means sports are on hold. I doubt you'll see much movement from anyone during this time. As far as people moving on, to what? The job markets a mess.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Agreed, who’s to say Rivera or Suriano don’t decide to become pro fighters if they get a lucrative offer from MMA?
MMA organizations aren’t handing out lucrative offers to guys with 0 MMA experience. If either guy wants to make big money in the UFC, they’re gonna have to prove themselves through lesser companies for multiple years before they get a chance at a serious payday, and that’s after years of training in the amateur ranks.

I saw Aaron Pico's first fight at MSG.
Did not go to well for him.
You can't jump in with the big fish right away or you will get smoked.
Doesn't matter how good of wrestler you are (Brock lesnar being the exception)

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I saw Aaron Pico's first fight at MSG.
Did not go to well for him.
You can't jump in with the big fish right away or you will get smoked.
Doesn't matter how good of wrestler you are (Brock lesnar being the exception)
Even Lesnar wasn’t very good to start. He beat some random guy in some no name fighting organization and then lost his first fight in the UFC

His first fight in the UFC was against Frank Mir.
No shame in that loss
He did not start out with slouches (Pico was beat by a journeyman)

I'm sure it's a possibility, but I doubt any of those guys wrestle this season so it's more than likely still a year away

he’s talking MMA I believe

Yes, thank you. I'm a fan of Nick and hope to see him repeat. I'd actually not like to see him enter the UFC. It's brutal and I meant his nose literally; I could see it getting broken and sideways. Who was that? I remember someone getting their nose severely broken and knocked sideways. My nose has always been a weak point. It isn't big but bleeds like a ...

Suriano has the intensity and work ethic for it, but I agree he’s bloody in every competitive wrestling match he’s. I’m not sure if there’s any way you can train your body/skin to be more resistant to cuts whether it’s through dieting or whatever but he would have to do something to change it.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT