T-Shirt ideas for PSU game?

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
17qigv.jpg

17qi3d.jpg

I like the "keep quiet" but need to replace the logo with the one in DJ Spanky's post

Reactions: MikeR0102
<SOAPBOX>
I swear .... If I see ANYONE wearing or displaying anything (Tshirt, button,, Flag, poster )about Child Rape and in reference to the Penn State Sandusky Scandal I will literally rip it off your body, from your hands, or from your flagpole.

There is a difference between speaking your mind on a message board or with friends, and embarrassing your school and fanbase by doing stupid shit like this in a public setting on game day with media present.

I have no problem with coming up with a Shirt for the Game, but you would think people would have learned for 2 years ago and the fallout from it.

I do NOT want to be that guy that has to travel around to other schools for road games an be apologetic for idiots.

STOP...... We are better than that.... Be Creative there is plenty of other things about Penn State that Suck.

</SOAPBOX>

<SOAPBOX>
I swear .... If I see ANYONE wearing or displaying anything (Tshirt, button,, Flag, poster )about Child Rape and in reference to the Penn State Sandusky Scandal I will literally rip it off your body, from your hands, or from your flagpole.

There is a difference between speaking your mind on a message board or with friends, and embarrassing your school and fanbase by doing stupid shit like this in a public setting on game day with media present.

I have no problem with coming up with a Shirt for the Game, but you would think people would have learned for 2 years ago and the fallout from it.

I do NOT want to be that guy that has to travel around to other schools for road games an be apologetic for idiots.

STOP...... We are better than that.... Be Creative there is plenty of other things about Penn State that Suck.

</SOAPBOX>
Lighten up Francis

<SOAPBOX>

</SOAPBOX>
so
PSU sucks
Sandusky swallows........ is out?

<SOAPBOX>

</SOAPBOX>
I would love to see you try and rip a shirt off me tough guy.

From the RT and someone on the Fan Advisory Board . (I know I'm not supposed to share stuff but this seemed like something important to share):

One thing also discussed was Hobbs plans to implement a "fan code of conduct". It sounds like he is serious about tossing unruly fans/tailgates and ones who bring dishonor on Rutgers. Sounds like a Pedd State flag will get you tossed this year.

It might be a little cold at the end of November for tshirts.

It would be funny to try and see demauro try to rip shirts off people though lol...

Reactions: BaseballFan913
Back to the original question how about 1976 > 409

From the RT and someone on the Fan Advisory Board . (I know I'm not supposed to share stuff but this seemed like something important to share):

One thing also discussed was Hobbs plans to implement a "fan code of conduct". It sounds like he is serious about tossing unruly fans/tailgates and ones who bring dishonor on Rutgers. Sounds like a Pedd State flag will get you tossed this year.

I'm all for a code of conduct. Can we include not cheering when the O has the ball?

Reactions: ATIOH and demauroj

Hope he applies this to unruly visiting fans as well. Penn State fans were no saints when they came to Rutgers in 14.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Irresponsible thread. Some dumbass will actually do something like this and paint the rest of us in a bad light. Then NJ dot com gets hold of it followed by the national press and Hobbs will again have to apologize to another school for the poor behavior of RU fans.

<SOAPBOX>

</SOAPBOX>

I should Clarify my remarks. I obviously am purposely exaggerating considerably when I mention how i will handle people wearing certain items, What I am not exaggerating about however is the need for our fan base to act like civilized human beings.

I was taught growing up Give Respect get respect, and stuff like this is disrespectful. Especially to a vast majority of a fanbase who comprehends what happened and is trying to move on and heal, as opposed to the small faction of fans who refuse to move on.

If you can't see that acceptance of this type of behaviour makes you our version of that small faction of the fanbase that is the embarrassment than you need to wake up.

I am all for playful banter, but when someone goes that extra step which our fanbase HAS done on several occasions it is up to us to police ourselves that is what my Post above was for.

It is not appropriate to be wearing or using the Sandusky Scandal as catalyst for a joke, IT IS NOT A JOKING MATTER, especially in a family atmosphere where their are numerous children present.

I would NOT want to be that person who has to explain to a kid what rape let alone Child Rape means.

I don't care about debating who knew what and if Penn State got off easy threads that is debate, but Use Common Sense when posting stuff like this because there are some who just assume that this is acceptable behavior and show up to the games with this stuff embarrass not only themselves, but the University and fanbase as a whole.

IMO this post should be deleted and the Moderators should be thinking in this instance more about what the university would think about a thread like this representing ALL Rutgers fans.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised that in the PC culture we live in it will be illegal to point out the crimes that the famous have committed. Sounds like Hobbs will be voting for Clinton.

Reactions: cicero grimes
<SOAPBOX>

</SOAPBOX>

I know you guys dont give a shit about what others think of us, but that Monday was horrible...I had a meeting onsite at Johnson Space Center when the JH Apology articles went viral... had a lot of explaining to do...there are people who actually let this one fan with the Ped state flag represent the university and its alumni/fans...yes thats super dumb for my coworkers to do that but thats the reality.... So remember people outside of Jersey hear about these things too and stuff like this leaves a lasting impression. I get PSU fans are intolerable and are nut cases giving a blind eye to the acts committed, but make fun of them in all their other dumb ways

I'm not surprised that in the PC culture we live in it will be illegal to point out the crimes that the famous have committed. Sounds like Hobbs will be voting for Clinton.

This is not a Political statement and has nothing to do with being politically correct, and it is not a free speech question.

It is a common sense statement. Common Sense SHOULD Tell you to not act like a child towards a person because they are wearing a different color jersey than you are in your home.

I should Clarify my remarks. I obviously am purposely exaggerating considerably when I mention how i will handle people wearing certain items, What I am not exaggerating about however is the need for our fan base to act like civilized human beings.

I was taught growing up Give Respect get respect, and stuff like this is disrespectful. Especially to a vast majority of a fanbase who comprehends what happened and is trying to move on and heal, as opposed to the small faction of fans who refuse to move on.

If you can't see that acceptance of this type of behaviour makes you our version of that small faction of the fanbase that is the embarrassment than you need to wake up.

I am all for playful banter, but when someone goes that extra step which our fanbase HAS done on several occasions it is up to us to police ourselves that is what my Post above was for.

It is not appropriate to be wearing or using the Sandusky Scandal as catalyst for a joke, IT IS NOT A JOKING MATTER, especially in a family atmosphere where their are numerous children present.

I would NOT want to be that person who has to explain to a kid what rape let alone Child Rape means.

I don't care about debating who knew what and if Penn State got off easy threads that is debate, but Use Common Sense when posting stuff like this because there are some who just assume that this is acceptable behavior and show up to the games with this stuff embarrass not only themselves, but the University and fanbase as a whole.

IMO this post should be deleted and the Moderators should be thinking in this instance more about what the university would think about a thread like this representing ALL Rutgers fans.
All due respect, I think you're missing the point here. The posts are not meant to reiterate the horrible acts that were committed or to make light of them. IMO the posts are more directed at the PSU officials and community that cannot accept and admit what happened, despite the evidence, testimonies, etc. If the PSU community admitted a long time ago that the acts were despicable, some of our people knew or should have known about it, and shut the hell up about the statue, this story would have gone away a long time ago. But they can't, which shows the world that JP's legacy is more important than the victims. It took an insurance company fighting these settlement claims for much of the testimony to come to light - how screwed up is that?

No

<SOAPBOX>

</SOAPBOX>

challenge accepted.

All due respect, I think you're missing the point here. The posts are not meant to reiterate the horrible acts that were committed or to make light of them. IMO the posts are more directed at the PSU officials and community that cannot accept and admit what happened, despite the evidence, testimonies, etc. If the PSU community admitted a long time ago that the acts were despicable, some of our people knew or should have known about it, and shut the hell up about the statue, this story would have gone away a long time ago. But they can't, which shows the world that JP's legacy is more important than the victims. It took an insurance company fighting these settlement claims for much of the testimony to come to light - how screwed up is that?

While I understand your sentiment you must have missed the part in that post where I said the Vast majority of their fan base Agrees with you. The Paterno Truthers group is a small group compared to the size of their overall fanbase, and some players who are in denial about the man who treated them like a son.

I get what you are saying, but, in my humble opinion, wearing a t-shirt proclaiming that Joe Knew, or the cuddly bear logo does nothing to help the victims or a Great Academic University (yes they are ranked higher than Rutgers) and it's community from moving on from a dark chapter in their history.

Reactions: 17Q66
ADVERTISEMENT