ADVERTISEMENT

Tai Strickland

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
Supposedly Tai had an amazing visit to Wisconsin. I cannot read the article as it is premium on their site. Coach, our staff and players must work some magic next weekend to get him to think RU. Here is hoping for the best.

Supposedly Tai had an amazing visit to Wisconsin. I cannot read the article as it is premium on their site. Coach, our staff and players must work some magic next weekend to get him to think RU. Here is hoping for the best.
Its hard to find a recruit not saying they had a great time during a visit.Wisconsin is a threat because of past success while Rutgers has to sell future success.Each recruit determines what is best for them.

Is the official visit over? Just want to make sure he is back home before announcing a win of him not committing while on campus.

I have no idea but i have read another article on the visit and it went as expected...this will be a spring signing period item...

So visit next week - need all aspects to ring true & be highly attractive - and all questions need to be resolved to Strickland's satisfaction

Now if Strickland says "Coach, I know you are sure it will all work out - I really like Rutgers - but we are talking about where I will be starting school in about 5 months - so I need genuine certainty before I make a commitment - can you tell me exactly how you are going to have a scholarship for me? "

Does Pikiell just say "trust me... it will work out" ?
or
does he "pull back the curtain" and provide exact certainty? (and if he does - who does Pikiell know is definitely not going to be back?)

Perhaps pike could show him the RU vs. Wisky results last three or four games with the talent we had at the time.?!

Maybe even the non athlete diversity index for the rest of the B1G vs. RU..

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
So visit next week - need all aspects to ring true & be highly attractive - and all questions need to be resolved to Strickland's satisfaction

Now if Strickland says "Coach, I know you are sure it will all work out - I really like Rutgers - but we are talking about where I will be starting school in about 5 months - so I need genuine certainty before I make a commitment - can you tell me exactly how you are going to have a scholarship for me? "

Does Pikiell just say "trust me... it will work out" ?
or
does he "pull back the curtain" and provide exact certainty? (and if he does - who does Pikiell know is definitely not going to be back?)
I’m sure that has already been done long ago. If not then he wouldn’t even be listening to Rutgers. The top recruits know what’s up inside and out.

So the editors of the Wisconsin site wrote a headline to the article that makes it 150% certain Strickland had the best time in the history of the world while he was in Wisconsin? Gotcha!

Hey Nuts, No one said "Strickland had the best time in the history of the world while he was in Wisconsin". Maybe you should read what it says instead of making things up.

Hey Nuts, No one said "Strickland had the best time in the history of the world while he was in Wisconsin". Maybe you should read what it says instead of making things up.
FYI, for those that haven't seen it, here is the title:

Official visit to Wisconsin "amazing" for 2019 PG Tai Strickland

Pretty much par for the course for an official visit.

Reactions: biazza38
FYI, for those that haven't seen it, here is the title:

Official visit to Wisconsin "amazing" for 2019 PG Tai Strickland

Pretty much par for the course for an official visit.

Tai - “ I mean it was amazing! It was so cold I couldn’t believe it. Then on the way from the airport to campus, we saw like three of four people. A few cows. I didn’t see anyone with that cheese thing on there head but like I said, we only saw a few people. Coaches were cool but the history lesson was a little overboard. But still Amazing “ onto Rutgers...

I believe he said he was not going to decide until April signing period. So don’t expect a verbal.

Yeah you missed the sarcasm oozing out of that post lol...[cheers]

Tai - “ I mean it was amazing! It was so cold I couldn’t believe it. Then on the way from the airport to campus, we saw like three of four people. A few cows. I didn’t see anyone with that cheese thing on there head but like I said, we only saw a few people. Coaches were cool but the history lesson was a little overboard. But still Amazing “ onto Rutgers...
Just the opposite, actually, if you read the article. He was expecting it to be all country and it wasn’t what he was expecting.

Aren't there rumors that Wisconsin's head coach , Greg Gard, will be on the hot seat next year? His recruiting is down and Wisconsin was just ordinary this year. And Gard suffers in comparison from what happens to many head coaches when they replace a highly successful coach like Bo Ryan. On the other hand , Rutgers ended the season on a high note and Pikiell is getting a lot of good press.

Aren't there rumors that Wisconsin's head coach , Greg Gard, will be on the hot seat next year? His recruiting is down and Wisconsin was just ordinary this year. And Gard suffers in comparison from what happens to many head coaches when they replace a highly successful coach like Bo Ryan. On the other hand , Rutgers ended the season on a high note and Pikiell is getting a lot of good press.

I would say it's a 100% certainty that if Wisconsin doesn't make the NCAA's next year Gard is gone.

As long as Ethan Happ comes back (there were grad transfer rumors but I believe he shot those down) then Wisconsin is going to bounce back next season. They had two big injuries to Kobe King and D'Mitrik Trice. Plus freshman Brad Davison had a really nice year, while another freshman Nate Reuvers got his feet wet... he was supposed to redshirt but the injuries forced him in. Didn't have a great season but the coaches like him.

They don't lose anybody to graduation, so they should be a threat again to make the top 4 of the Big Ten next season.

Brad Davison did have a very good season for Wisconsin. He is a point guard who is only a freshman at Wisconsin. His future looks bright for 3 more years so just maybe that could sway Tai to RU where he could get more playing time.

Brad Davison did have a very good season for Wisconsin. He is a point guard who is only a freshman at Wisconsin. His future looks bright for 3 more years so just maybe that could sway Tai to RU where he could get more playing time.

Davison was the host for Strickland's visit (and Baker is our host for him) so I'm not sure the playing time component would really be huge in our favor.

In a nutshell: he got the usual tour, expected Wisconsin to be "country" and was surprised that it wasn't, the staff made him feel wanted, he was excited about the visit but he had never been on an official visit before and he has more schools he wants to see. Doesn't have a set date for announcing but is leaning towards April 11 (signing day)

In a nutshell: he got the usual tour, expected Wisconsin to be "country" and was surprised that it wasn't, the staff made him feel wanted, he was excited about the visit but he had never been on an official visit before and he has more schools he wants to see. Doesn't have a set date for announcing but is leaning towards April 11 (signing day)
Could get the same response from an RU visit. Just replace Wisconsin with New Jersey, and country with turnpike and oil refineries.

I might be wrong but I think Davison is more of a point guard than Baker. Baker is taller as well. If Davison played only the 2G he just might find it more difficult in getting off his shot. He doesn't look taller than 6 foot or so to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT