ADVERTISEMENT

Football Takeaways, observations from the Scarlet-White Game

The second to last play was not awesome, I hope Collins didn’t seriously injure his knee, it sure looked like it.
Saw him limping off right in front of me. He needed help. Looks serious. Safety Christian I. was injured and not in uniform same with LB Powell. Saw in pre game warmups Powell taking frosh LB Johnson under his wing and giving him tips.
WR Harris and Ryan are studs. Day One starters.
We need to find a Center who can snap the ball in the shotgun directly to our QBs. Again Mickey Mouse snaps with balls flying all over the place disrupting every play. Enough already.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Saw him limping off right in front of me. He needed help. Looks serious. Safety Christian I. was injured and not in uniform same with LB Powell. Saw in pre game warmups Powell taking frosh LB Johnson under his wing and giving him tips.
WR Harris and Ryan are studs. Day One starters.
We need to find a Center who can snap the ball in the shotgun directly to our QBs. Again Mickey Mouse snaps with balls flying all over the place disrupting every play. Enough already.

Schiano said JWC is going to be ok

The biggest question mark is at the quarterback position where a passing attack downfield remains in doubt.

The biggest question mark is at the quarterback position where a passing attack downfield remains in doubt.
I think we see both QB’s play a lot to start the season. Schiano may go with the hot hand

# 1 Improved overall team speed both O&D
# 2 Al Shadee can fly… Parker can run but don’t know if he does more than specials .Monangai is a beast.JWC is developing . Just felt bad for him at end . Hope he recovers without any surgery.
# 3 Overall size improvement is well noted .
# 4 I love this player Henry Jr. … wait until he gets some more experience.
# 5 BC will give us a much better take on how this rebuild is going . Entering year 3 after his first season back Schiano looks seemingly happy .Recruiting class for 2023 is the key for sustaining our ability to not only compete but take the next step.
# 6 QB ‘s showed some abilities to throw downfield but hard to really get a true feel …Summer camp will tell the tale. As someone said earlier we could go with 2 .
# 7 WR Depth finally… TE looks better with Alamo, Konopka and Johnny Langan.
# 8 DB’s are a strength … LBer’s still a question due to attrition and injuries. Like Austin Dean kid can RUN. Now we wait and hope .
# 9 Jay Butler and staff have done a great job .Let’s hope by August this translate to a few more victories.
# 10 Like this staff Schiano has put together. Young and older guys who I think have a chance to have some special times going forward.

Will be interesting to watch the defense jell with new coaches.

Figured it was because he was calling played for red and white but think Gleason needs to be in the box.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Will be interesting to watch the defense jell with new coaches.

Figured it was because he was calling played for red and white but think Gleason needs to be in the box.
During the game I had to wonder about some play calls in certain situations and I remembered that thought/complaint from last year... plays that look like they wouldn't get the first down on 3rd and 4th even if successful. The QB shouldn't even be given that option... no safety valves that are short of the line to make and covered closely. If the safety valve sees he is marked (being covered) just go past the line to make. I do not get this habit of ours.

Just for fun, go check out the QB stats at the Oregon spring game. I’m not good at the cut and paste thing.42,000 folks were on hand to see about 500 yards of passing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT