ADVERTISEMENT

TAMU v Arkansas (yeah, SEC, I know...) and OTHER night games thread

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
The Nebraska - NW game is so damn boring to watch.

If I'm TAMU, with my 102,000 seat noise cauldron of a home stadium, there is NO WAY IN HELL I give up a home conference game to play in Dallas where it sounds like about 30% or so of the crowd is made up of Arkansas fans. I don't care how much they gave them, they have all the money in the world so it's not like us taking a payday, awful decision IMHO.

That being said good game so far. The LSU-Auburn ending was crazy though.

Reactions: RUPete
The Nebraska - NW game is so damn boring to watch.

If I'm TAMU, with my 102,000 seat noise cauldron of a home stadium, there is NO WAY IN HELL I give up a home conference game to play in Dallas where it sounds like about 30-40% of the crowd is made up of Arkansas fans. I don't care how much they gave them, they have all the money in the world so it's not like us taking a payday, awful decision IMHO.

That being said good game so far. The LSU-Auburn ending was crazy though.

Don't think it was their choice. Game is an ARK home game next year at Jerry's World as well.

Edit: Just looked at last year's schedule too. Game was an ARK home game in Dallas as well. So seems like this is a yearly thing for the two teams

Don't think it was their choice. Game is an ARK home game next year at Jerry's World as well.

Okay thanks. Was too lazy to do the research. Still don't like it. It should be illegal to play conference home games off campus IMHO. I'm talking against-the-constitution-like illegal.

Okay thanks. Was too lazy to do the research. Still don't like it. It should be illegal to play conference home games off campus IMHO. I'm talking against-the-constitution-like illegal.

You have forgotten that Jerry Jones played for the Hogs and was part of our National Championship team in 1964. And that the state southwest from Arkansas is a highly talented state for recruiting.

OMG Nebraska HC Mike Riley, in his 15th season as a HC, has already used 2 TO'S in the 2nd half with time still on the clock in the 3rd quarter!!! What an idiot! What a moron! What a clueless coach! This guy has no clue how to manage a game!

Sorry...I had to....[cheers]

LSU AD has left 85 voicemail messages for Tom Herman's agent.

"What? I don't give a damn that he's coaching a game!"

You have forgotten that Jerry Jones played for the Hogs and was part of our National Championship team in 1964. And that the state southwest from Arkansas is a highly talented state for recruiting.

I just don't like teams giving up home games. It irks me. As does Jerry Jones lol sorry my friend! [cheers]

Just an excuse for Jerry Jones to write a huge check to his Alma Mater and have TAM fans pay for it........

And what state would that be that's southwest of Arkansas?

Stanford/UCLA is a good game.

yup...Kentucky/South Carolina tight...NW/Nebraska getting interesting maybe? Now talk about "taking over" a stadium. WOW!

Cal/ASU just started as did Air Force/Utah State. I'm good for a couple more hours lol!

Trust me on this, both schools like the venue! It helps recruiting to be on the national stage at Jerry World.

The schools may like it, the fans hate it...this was a good idea when A&M was in the big dumpster fire...now it makes no sense but they are stuck until 2024...when the contract expires maybe the piggies might want to keep their home game there...with Kyle field supporting 102k, A&M will not re-up.

It is stupid to lose a conference game to this awful venue...

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
The schools may like it, the fans hate it...this was a good idea when A&M was in the big dumpster fire...now it makes no sense but they are stuck until 2024...when the contract expires maybe the piggies might want to keep their home game there...with Kyle field supporting 102k, A&M will not re-up.

It is stupid to lose a conference game to this awful venue...

You really have no clue do you?

National audience for Television. THE premier stadium in the country. Recruits from across the 48 states either watching or in attendance.

Awful venue? Dadgum West Point Knight, are you really that naive? YOU wouldn't make the trip to Dallas to play at Jerry world on national tv versus a top ranked opponent? Versus playing at HPSS with overly loud music and a crowd straining to hit 50,000? HPSS is certainly fun but, come on, playing at Jerry world is taking it to a whole nother level!

As for us piggies(as you refer to us), we'll continue to recruit the 4 and 5 star recruits out of texass while playing in their backyard. We may be dumb, but we ain't stupid!

You really have no clue do you?

National audience for Television. THE premier stadium in the country. Recruits from across the 48 states either watching or in attendance.

Awful venue? Dadgum West Point Knight, are you really that naive? YOU wouldn't make the trip to Dallas to play at Jerry world on national tv versus a top ranked opponent? Versus playing at HPSS with overly loud music and a crowd straining to hit 50,000? HPSS is certainly fun but, come on, playing at Jerry world is taking it to a whole nother level!

As for us piggies(as you refer to us), we'll continue to recruit the 4 and 5 star recruits out of texass while playing in their backyard. We may be dumb, but we ain't stupid!

A&M doesn't need an extra game in Texas, YOU and your whale of a coach do! we already recruit all of Texas quite well...much better that you EVER WILL.

I would never go the Aggie-pig game in Arlington; it has no draw for me and for many other (especially students) too expensive and takes away a home game which is FAR BETTER. Before ignorantly calling me "naive" as you get up on your Ozarks high horse, think for a second that what an Arkansas fan might view as good, is not the same for A&M fans...Aggies hate this loss of a home game...period, end of f***inf story! Playoff or bowl game? Fine...different story! Because of this game being in Arlington, we only have three conference home games...that sucks!

By the way, there were 15k empty seats In this cathedral you love so much...and that was between two ranked teams! Imagine if one of both sucked!

In 2024, after this silly contract ENDS, you are welcome to play your home half of this series in Arlington...on even years you'll have to travel further south...you can bank on that!

Stop thinking and acting like a longhorn...it's not a good look for you!

I really don't care for further discussion in this topic since my opinion won't change...ever...and I've already wasted enough time on this silliness---see you in 2017!

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT