ADVERTISEMENT

Targum: Rutgers players develop physically, mentally, psychologically...

“I played football at the University of Florida. I lived in Georgia all my life pretty much,” Parker said. “This is spring heat down there.”

That Targum article referred to our QB as "senior quarterback Chris Laviano." Some might even call him a redshirt junior.

That Targum article referred to our QB as "senior quarterback Chris Laviano." Some might even call him a redshirt junior.
Getting waaaay ahead of things here, but wonder what happens for QB if Laviano has a fabulous season this year. Another competition for the starter, or do the other QBs fight it out for backup?

A best case scenario for all (including the Laviano haters) is he plays so lights out this year, he leaves a year early for the NFL draft. Yeah, that would be crazy.

Reactions: brodo
We watch the games. These guys are playing in them.

Does anyone think for a second the vast majority didn't walk off the field after Maryland with a bad taste in their mouths? They have pride. They don't want to be embarrassed.

Give Ash and Parker as much credit as you want but don't forget who's been busting their butts for the past 8 months, doing everything possible to get better.

I believe '16 may be a wee bit better than many here.

Parker is a very quotable guy. He must be quite the intimidating force, in a good way, to be able to motivate the guys the way he apparently does. Let's hope the results (i.e. wins) will be there after all their hard work.

Parker is a very quotable guy. He must be quite the intimidating force, in a good way, to be able to motivate the guys the way he apparently does. Let's hope the results (i.e. wins) will be there after all their hard work.
He's very intimidating. But he's the nicest guy. I would not want to piss him off. Yes, the team was embarrassed at the end of a very bad season and yes they want to improve, that's human nature. But they now have a coaching staff that wants them to succeed, wants them to improve, wants them to take care of their bodies, etc. How many posts have we read already that the team never had the nutrition they are receiving now, the hydration they are receiving, and the knowledge they are receiving. Weigh-ins every day! Not wanting them to lose weight? Too much weight loss smacks of dehydration. Just the fact that players told Parker that they "always lose 10-20 lbs at camp". The last 8 months is not the "always" they were used to. The biggest takeaway from the end of camp was the low amount of injuries the team had. That alone puts them in a great position for game 1.

This new coaching staff is giving our players a top notch program for the first time. They are finally being treated like a Big Ten team. New weight room, going out West a day earlier than before, eating right, recovering properly. All the positives that make a player want to achieve more.

I'm stoked for this weekend and I'm am hoping and praying for a win.

ADVERTISEMENT