ADVERTISEMENT

Taryn VanThof-Have we contacted Florida

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Former Rutgers assistant lacrosse coach has been an assistant at Florida for a few years. The Gators have won six straight conference championships. Just beat Cincy for this years title. They have been to the NCAA tournament every year since 2011. Florida has recruits from up and down the East Coast with four New Jersey players on the current roster. She graduated from Loyola and has played pro lacrosse. She is young,but I wonder if Pat Hobbs has reached out to Florida to see if she has interest in being a Head Coach back at RU. Anyone know if she is a possibility?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I don’t see why she wouldn’t be a candidate but would prefer a CURRENT successful HEAD COACH if possible.

Reactions: CERU00
Nuts do you think we are looking at a top New Jersey high school coach, a head coach at a minor school who has some experience at a major school, a head coach at a major school, or an assistant at a major school? Any thoughts are which way you think Hobbs is leaning? Can we assume he has been thinking about this for a few months?

Nuts you probably know a thousand times more than I do about girls lacrosse but almost that whole team is from New York or Arizona. Does he have any ties with NJ high school coaches or is NY better for girls lacrosse than New Jersey? I guess he could always bring in NJ assistants.

Onthebanks I am a huge Rutgers fan who rarely takes off his scarlet glasses but my nephew goes to UF and I can’t see any Gator head coach leaving there for any sport.

Onthebanks I would love to see it, but I just can’t see someone doing that unless we just went insane with money which of course we never do for any coach. Florida plays in the American conference for now, but apparently there has been talk of starting programs at other SEC schools and for many of the schools a lacrosse program would be like a drop in the bucket.

Also, the Florida head coach has been their only head coach. This is her baby from day one in 2010.

Onthebanks I would love to see it, but I just can’t see someone doing that unless we just went insane with money which of course we never do for any coach. Florida plays in the American conference for now, but apparently there has been talk of starting programs at other SEC schools and for many of the schools a lacrosse program would be like a drop in the bucket.
I just spotted that change from Big East to AAC after I posted it. Still worth a shot with the new facilities being built for lacrosse and soccer.

I don’t know. Syracuse pays their coach something like $800K. We aren’t doing that full share or not.

What do the other budgets around the program look like?

Why are Earth are you asking me this question? With your insider access you should be able to get this info, right?

Cali,was that a typo ? Is it really $800,000 ? I think that is more than we paid Flood. Of course, we did over pay him looking back.

Cali,was that a typo ? Is it really $800,000 ? I think that is more than we paid Flood. Of course, we did over pay him looking back.

It was $700k in 2015 and it’s Gary Gait...creator of “Air Gait” (no longer allowed (really stupid if you ask me)...and a ‘Cuse/USA lacrosse legend. They’d give him $2n/year if he asked. Also a Canadian.

Why would he Leave Long Island?

Why not? Plus he gets to coach in the B1G, right? Plus I never said he would but, IMHO, it would be a slam dunk hire for us so I’m betting heavy that we’ve either reached out already or soon will be. Agree?

Spallina is as Long Island as it gets. The only reason a guy like that leaves is if the money and support are too good to pass up.

So is it, is the question.

Sias was making 110K in 2016. Double that and bring in a seasoned head coach. No Assistants. Money and Big Ten should be enough to bring in a great Coach.

Why not? Plus he gets to coach in the B1G, right? Plus I never said he would but, IMHO, it would be a slam dunk hire for us so I’m betting heavy that we’ve either reached out already or soon will be. Agree?
Listen I would love to get a person like Spallina but he has be (as Cali said) on LI his whole life. SB has built him pretty nice facilities.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Listen I would love to get a person like Spallina but he has be (as Cali said) on LI his whole life. SB has built him pretty nice facilities.
You mean this?
Highlighting the outdoor facilities is the $22 million, 8,200-seat Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium. The stadium is the home to the Stony Brook football, men’s and women’s soccer, and men’s and women’s lacrosse teams. This state-of-the-art facility is the largest outdoor facility in Suffolk County, and has quickly become the venue for some of Long Island’s most exciting sports events.
https://stonybrookathletics.com/sports/2016/8/25/facilities-ston-10-lavalle-html.aspx
"
  • Coaches' office for Football, Men's and Women's Lacrosse
  • Men and Women Coaches' Locker room(s)
  • Athletic Training room located downstairs in the South Building
  • Locker rooms located downstairs of the stadium for Football, M & W Lacrosse Teams"

That is impressive but we are talking a Big Ten University. This would be a once in lifetime opportuniy in his backyard. We brng a conference like no other.

That is impressive but we are talking a Big Ten University. This would be a once in lifetime opportuniy in his backyard. We brng a conference like no other.
But do we bring comp and support like no other?

ADVERTISEMENT