ADVERTISEMENT

Tasha Pointer goes home?

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Just saw a FaceBook post that indicates that Tasha has gone home to Chicago and will be an Assistant at Northwestern.

Reactions: dmd78
Can't say I'm shocked. This ship is sinking Fast. I thought last season was bad. It's going to be a long long year

Hope what you said isn't because you think Tasha left Stringer's staff for Northwestern.Because she spent the last two years at St. John’s.
Look at my first post!! I'm clearly completely lost. Move away from Jersey for one year and miss a whole season you clearly see I'm off base. I came back last year but clearly I have no idea what's going on. Still stand by what I said though. Going to be a long season

Look at my first post!! I'm clearly completely lost. Move away from Jersey for one year and miss a whole season you clearly see I'm off base. I came back last year but clearly I have no idea what's going on. Still stand by what I said though. Going to be a long season
No problem and last season wasn't just bad it was terrible without question.
This upcoming season can't be considered a sure-fired winning one or be considered a guaranteed losing one.
There are reasons for optimism and just a good of reason to be pessimistic, according to how you look at the current roster and if CVS has the ability to bring out the best in that roster.
I happen to think the current RU WBB roster has the talent to suceed and Stringer will bring out the best in them.
But if that doesn't happen and the Women's team doesn't have a good year ( winning record doesn't necessarily mean a good year) I would agree with those who claim Vivian's time has past so Hobbs needs to replace her by telling her to retire ( if CVS doesn't say she's thinking about it) or fire her.
Either way, a poor 2017-18 season should be Vivian's last.
A good one (NCAA bid) will prove she deserves to return

No problem and last season wasn't just bad it was terrible without question.
This upcoming season can't be considered a sure-fired winning one or be considered a guaranteed losing one.
There are reasons for optimism and just a good of reason to be pessimistic, according to how you look at the current roster and if CVS has the ability to bring out the best in that roster.
I happen to think the current RU WBB roster has the talent to suceed and Stringer will bring out the best in them.
But if that doesn't happen and the Women's team doesn't have a good year ( winning record doesn't necessarily mean a good year) I would agree with those who claim Vivian's time has past so Hobbs needs to replace her by telling her to retire ( if CVS doesn't say she's thinking about it) or fire her.
Either way, a poor 2017-18 season should be Vivian's last.
A good one (NCAA bid) will prove she deserves to return
I think a winning season will probably do it (bring her back). For one year, because that would be the "1000". Many fans don't understand - justifiably looking at it "RU oriented" - how beneficial this would be in the greater WBB world.

The team has 2 P5 transfers eligible this year, plus a transfer from S. Joseph and the return of Scaife......let's wait and see what they bring....essentially 4 new players that may just turn out to be better than those that left. We already know that Scaife is an All Big 10 level player.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
CVS needs to retire no matter what the record will be for this year's team. I hope they go to the Final Four so she can go out in style.

CVS needs to retire no matter what the record will be for this year's team. I hope they go to the Final Four so she can go out in style.
If RU goes to the final 4, I think that's the type of HC we should want to keep.
But CVS probably would retire with honor ( Coach Emeritus) after the season if that happened, because #1000 would probably have been obtained.
But getting that close Hobbs and Vivian might think the NC might be obtainable and agree that coming back would be best :p

You people are delusional if you think this team goes to the NCAAs with this roster.

You people are delusional if you think this team goes to the NCAAs with this roster.
Never can tell and I much rather share the brightness, I feel, rather than try to promote the darkness others seem to believe in.
Right now I'll be optimistic and say there's a chance to make the Tourney with this roster, but won't guarantee that happening nor say those who claim No NCAA for RU are wrong.

Roster ( my thoughts on some)
Ciani had some good games as a GT freshman before leaving that school
Coming out of HS Cyror was ranked as the No. 65 recruit by Blue Star and No. 68 player and 17th best point guard by Prospect Nation

Tyler, nothing needs to be said. Just can say if her injury is completely healed and no ill effects we can expect her to be one of the better B1G players

Fitzpatrick is a 3 point threat and a good free throw shooter that will add experience and leadership when in the game.

Khadaizha adds defense and was a season long starter last year who should be still improving in her ( junior) 3rd year in program. She was the assist leader last year

Desiree improved in her sophomore year and should be a steady rebounder as a junior this season. Also will add some scoring.

Stasha a RS Junior that transferred in from Pitt was the only player in the ACC to rank top-15 in rebounds, blocks and steals per game her sophomore season there.

The experience Victoria gained as a sophomore should help her in this her junior year. Prior to Rutgers in HS she was listed No. 16 among power forwards in her recruiting class by Prospect Nation

Jordan ( sophomore) should be able to show why she was the Conference Player of the Year when she was at Sterling High School after gaining some college experience as a freshman lst year.

Kate only played 8 games as a freshman before being sidelined the rest of season because of an injury, so even with the injury last year being part of the team as a freshman should help her as a soph player this year.

Jazlynd being a senior helps the bench with her experience and if she plays like she did against Maryland and Minnesota last season, there should be no complaints about her play this year off the bench.
When she was at Daytona State she was a All-Conference honoree which might not mean much to some, but can't be just dismissed because of her being at a lower level while earning that honor.

Then we have the freshman comming in, can't say how they'll do , but they could play well enough to put RU over the hump and earn a NCAA b.id.

ADVERTISEMENT