ADVERTISEMENT

Tasha Pointer Video

RUcrazee

Senior
Jan 23, 2020

Better late than never. Now we need one for our Head Coach so that the youngsters can see who she is.

One IMPORTANT fact that was left out, IMO, is that Tasha came to us all the way from Chi-Town. That fact should mean something to a young ballplayer hoping to develop into a top notch playmaker, guard/point guard. For recruits from outside the NY/NJ/PA, RU could become home for you too. According to the video, it worked out well for Coach Pointer.

Our modern day Tasha Pointer is out there in the portal or HS Class of '24. Come on to RU and be the coach-on-the-court(like Tasha was) that takes the program to higher heights(like Tasha did).

Last edited:
Also, for the youngsters familiar with N. Ivey at ND, take note that Tasha comes from that same era and level of elite playas seen in the video clip.

Just to be clear, in no way am I comparing the two. I'm a huge fan of both.....always have been. Just saying,..

Also, for the youngsters familiar with N. Ivey at ND, take note that Tasha comes from that same era and level of elite playas seen in the video clip.

Just to be clear, in no way am I comparing the two. I'm a huge fan of both.....always have been. Just saying,..
Tasha was a great college player, loved her game. She was doomed in the pros by her size, ultimately. At least in the situation she was in, competing with Michelle Marciniak. Opportunities were limited then, they still are, even though the landscape is different.

As to your OP, one factor that cannot be ignored (although Rutgers has always had fans who "did" ignore it) is that Tasha and a large company of former players did not come to Rutgers to play at Rutgers. They came to play for Coach C. Vivian Stringer. Full stop.

Tasha was a great college player, loved her game. She was doomed in the pros by her size, ultimately. At least in the situation she was in, competing with Michelle Marciniak. Opportunities were limited then, they still are, even though the landscape is different.

As to your OP, one factor that cannot be ignored (although Rutgers has always had fans who "did" ignore it) is that Tasha and a large company of former players did not come to Rutgers to play at Rutgers. They came to play for Coach C. Vivian Stringer. Full stop.
I totally agree with your post. When I think of Tasha, it's all about the college career, although, the pro experience, I'm sure, helps her coaching.

Great point about CVS. When I remarked above, I'm saying it with the hope that players can see the wonderful qualities in Coach Washington. Another good coach who's looking to carry on the same high standard of excellence and integrity that came before her with the two HoFers.

It's up to Coach Washington and staff to make youngsters believe in RUWBB. Again, just my opinion, but I think her personality makes it tough for her in this current climate of the cbb scene. Besides the established /proven winning coaches, the outspoken and super-confident(Coach Yos and Prime Times) are the ones that seem to get the kids attention and willingness to trust based on the strong sell job.

Coquese and staff are not really out there like that on social media. Not saying she needs to be like Coach Yo. She needs to continue to be herself. They may need someone else on the staff who plays the role of hype person. Everything's so close to the vest which may have some players never even considering us because our program is so quiet.

Even our board here is often too quiet. Like 70 people have viewed this Tasha video post and only one person had a response. No one even thought it deserved a like??? 🤔 😟

I gotta think, it all matters to prospects who may want to give us a look. We need some Jersey/NY energy up in there to bring the essence of the area to the program. That's gotta be a difficult thing for Midwesterners and a Southerner(all new to the area) to pull off. Might even be too much to ask of Coach Hampton, who, I believe, is a Philly guy. I'm talking about the way Hurley took some Jersey up to UConn. Might need to add a well-respected local HS coach with strong influence on area talent to the staff or create a position (NIL, branding ,etc) for someone with NJ/NY roots, to help players maximize their opportunities and overall RU student /athlete experience.

Last edited:
Our modern day Tasha Pointer is out there in the portal or HS Class of '24. Come on to RU and be the coach-on-the-court(like Tasha was) that takes the program to higher heights(like Tasha did).

This could be her. We were heavily recruiting her in the early stages under the CVS staff.

Let's Go Tasha! Go get her! So we can get this thing rolling!

I was in school when the women's team had their late 90s run. I happened to be playing ball one Friday when Tasha stopped by the College Ave gym. Needless to say she whupped all the boys asses and I gained a new respect for her. What a player. That C Viv documentary a few years back was great

Reactions: ScarletteK80

Better late than never. Now we need one for our Head Coach so that the youngsters can see who she is.

One IMPORTANT fact that was left out, IMO, is that Tasha came to us all the way from Chi-Town. That fact should mean something to a young ballplayer hoping to develop into a top notch playmaker, guard/point guard. For recruits from outside the NY/NJ/PA, RU could become home for you too. According to the video, it worked out well for Coach Pointer.

Is this only on Twitter? I never saw it come up on my YouTube feed.

ADVERTISEMENT