ADVERTISEMENT

Td club meeting

Serving Ziti tonight
Bummer. I just got my monthly injection in my right eye in Easton, PA so decided to not try one-eyed driving to get to the meeting. I was OK until you mentioned ziti ( rather than relatively cold pizza).

I thought Ash said he didn't have time to meet with the Touchdown Club during the season. I am glad to hear he is doing this.

Ash got there a bit early. Worked the room saying hello to everyone and shaking every hand. Spoke for almost 30 minutes. Took questions for about 15 minutes. Was engaging, passionate, funny and clearly has a plan and a vision. He knows he does not yet have the players that he wants but he is doing his best to develop the ones he has until the next class comes in. He got written feedback from every player on the positives and negatives and is using that information going forward.

Ash reminded the crowd that they players have been in school &/or playing football every single day for 12 weeks straight, starting with camp. Their bodies are beat up and tired and are in need of this bye week.

when asked about the incoming commits his reply was something along the lines of " I can't speak names, but the ones that you want us to have are staying committed. they will be here next year".

for those of you looking to shake the coach's hand and say hello, he makes the rounds at the weekly radio show as well.

Last edited:
when asked about the incoming commits his reply was something along the lines of " I can't speak names, but the ones that you want us to have are staying committed. they will be here next year"..

Love that line right there.

Reactions: CNJKnight
Ash got there a bit early. Worked the room saying hello to everyone and shaking every hand. Spoke for almost 30 minutes. Took questions for about 15 minutes. Was engaging, passionate, funny and clearly has a plan and a vision. He knows he does not yet have the players that he wants but he is doing his best to develop the ones he has until the next class comes in. He got written feedback from every player on the positives and negatives and is using that information going forward.

Ash reminded the crowd that they players have been in school &/or playing football every single day for 12 weeks straight, starting with camp. Their bodies are beat up and tired and are in need of this bye week.

when asked about the incoming commits his reply was something along the lines of " I can't speak names, but the ones that you want us to have are staying committed. they will be here next year".

for those of you looking to shake the coach's hand and say hello, he makes the rounds at the weekly radio show as well.

thanks as always for your valuable insights..

Gotta LOVE the "bolded" stuff!

Too many drink choices for some caused them to freeze in front of the dispenser
Kind of like pumping gas at Costco (for those of us outside of Oregon and NJ). People who look like they have been driving for 50-60 years stare at the pump for 5 minutes trying to figure it out. And that is only with 3 choices of gas! Can't imagine having a selection there like at the soda fountain!

How slow was the line at the soda machine? You should make a choice and get the hell out of the way...

Now this is the kind of thing I am used to hearing from a report about what goes on at TD Club meeting.

Not a club member... Just parroting a post from the Audi club a few weeks back
I was going to say yesterday, "you'll see...I bet there will something about the soda machines. LOL"

And guess what...

Too many drink choices for some caused them to freeze in front of the dispenser

True Story. The 2 people in front of me vowed to bring their own drinks next time.

ha, no. He was home. The problem with the soda is that average age of the people in attendance was probably 65-70 and it was a "new fangled machine"

I felt very young there.

ha, no. He was home. The problem with the soda is that average age of the people in attendance was probably 65-70 and it was a "new fangled machine"

I felt very young there.

Indeed. As a 52-year-old, I feel like a teenager at TD Club meetings! I love it!

TD Club meetings are the opposite of RU noon games at the stadium... the place is packed a half-hour before it starts!

The reason, of course, is that a huge portion of the people who attend are retired and have plenty of time to get to the meeting.

Reactions: MrsScrew
The recruiting lounge was very impressive .Coach Ash gave a realistic assessment of the program.He said Gio gave the team a spark against Minnesota with his running and passing.He also said the turnovers along with the kickoff return for a touchdown were reasons for the loss.This week will be spent getting the players healthy and the coaches will be out recruiting.Ziti and salad were far better than cold pizza.The meetings give fans to meet and discuss Rutgers football and other topics of mutual interest.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT