ADVERTISEMENT

Tekia

Doug will keep her Demon side in check.
Though I like the Blue Demons and Bruno
I can't find myself rooting for any RU player who transfers out. no matter where they land, unless there is a good reason.
Don't know Tekia's reason so can only wish her academic success as a Grad Student and hope she stays injury free.
As for play on the floor, DePaul fans can root for her while I root for the team to have a good year

It's weird seeing her in a different jersey. It will be even weirder seeing her play for another team. I too wish her well and am grateful for the time she spent playing for RU.

FYI, If you hadn't heard, ......Cappie is on record saying that she would have selected DePaul if they had only shown interest. They didn't recruit her so she ended up coming to RU. We should all send thank you letters to Depaul for that inexplicable move.

I honestly don't understand the negativity around Tekia. She gave everything to this program for four years and was a HUGE contributor to the team. People are making assumptions based on how fired up she got on the court that could have no basis in reality. She was a presence on the court at all times and progressed significantly during her time here, particularly on the offensive end of the court. And she got her teammates fired up with her.

If not for the weird one time transfer rule, she would have completed her entire career in an RU uniform. Given the extra year, she's likely taking the opportunity to get a graduate degree and move back to her hometown (similar to Myles Johnson on men's side). But she will be very missed as a Scarlet Knight!

She developed into the team's rock for the past couple of years. Always respectful demeanor on the court. Always gave 110% on the court and brought the energy that the team often needed to play to their highest level. We definitely should appreciate her for that, being that we all know, we the fans haven't always turned out to the RAC and many times that I witnessed did not provide that same level of energy that she did. Numerous occasions she awakened/encouraged the crowd to raise the energy level in the building, ...........when the team was playing well!

In four years, countless times, I observed her being a good sport, going out of her way to help players up that had fallen,....opposing players as well as her own teammates,... whether she was part of the play or not. Although we can all agree that the time she yelled at Diamond was not the appropriate way to communicate with a teammate, that moment doesn't define her as a player or person. And it doesn't define her career at RU.

Those who don't like her "routine" or "schtick", as I've seen in some of the posts, ...I understand where you're coming from. I think most of us came up in a time when our role models and elders taught us to be humble.....act like you been there before, etc. Well, it's not hard to recognize that it's a totally different time, when the role models and the video games are the biggest promoters of what you see as over-the-top court demeanor. Today's younger generations see it as the norm. How many of them have you seen go the the muscle flex just because they made a layup? In football, its even worse.....after every play, there's some kind of celebration that is borderline taunting. You know it's coming because they've been programmed that way, IMO.

T baby have her heart and soul to Rutgers and Cviv. She will always be a part of the CViv legacy and that 1000th win. In Covid times I think a lot of people have learned to not take things for granted especially time with family so I cannot blame her for going home to Chicago given the opportunity to play at a great program in her backyard at no cost

It's weird seeing her in a different jersey. It will be even weirder seeing her play for another team. I too wish her well and am grateful for the time she spent playing for RU.

FYI, If you hadn't heard, ......Cappie is on record saying that she would have selected DePaul if they had only shown interest. They didn't recruit her so she ended up coming to RU. We should all send thank you letters to Depaul for that inexplicable move.
This is just meant to be humor - maybe she likes playing for septuagenarians. So far as I know, there are only 3 in the game right now, at least in the major conferences.

• Haha
Reactions: RUcrazee
The loss of four starters puts the women's team with a lack of scoring threats for next season.
check this that sammybb posted:

RU's Six Transfers--the stats (thread)​

Some initial takeaways:

• 5/6 transfers averaged more than 20mpg last year; these are players with significant in game experience
  • None of these players are lights out from 3-pt range; but most are decent, and nearly all of them are comfortable taking shots from 3-point range (20-21 was Petree's worst year from 3; she was above 30% her first two years)
  • I see the four guards as all providing much needed depth/experience after we lost Zippy and Diamond to the portal. I see Lasha and Oshlynn as potential starters, taking an Arella/Tekia slot.
All Stats for 2020-2021 season

PLAYERGAMESGSMPGPPGRPGAPGFG%3PT%FT%SPGBPG
6-0Lasha Petree292731.5183.81.539%28.6% (53/185)83.50%1.42.2
6-1Oshlynn Brown21213418.912.9252.70%11.8% (2/17)63.60%10.5
5-9Jailyn Mason27320.53.52.2135%35.6%(21/59)100%0.8--
5-8Victoria Morris242435.915.73.6335%33% (56/168)72.20%0.9--
5-9Shug Dickson22123.110.43.13.948%35.4% (23/65)71.40%1--
5-10Sayani Lassiter182132.71.80.7225%25.6% (10-39)60%0.3

ADVERTISEMENT