ADVERTISEMENT

Temple is Taking Over NYC Tonight

Yeah, we're gonna be tailgating on the beautiful Temple campus outside their stadium.........oh, wait...................

I don’t understand why we care .
Seems like a cool event if you’re a temple alum living in nyc or north jersey.
Many would be interested in a similar rutgers event with that format.
3rd Team on the schedule- Sept 17-- are you going to tailgate?
^^^ Why we care. You know, it's a team on our schedule?

RU fans should make a good showing at the game in Philadelphia on Sep. 17.

^^^ Why we care. You know, it's a team on our schedule?

RU fans should make a good showing at the game in Philadelphia on Sep. 17.
We also have 11 other teams on the schedule . By that logic we will be posting the alumni events those schools have too .
This was also not a football only event - there were mostly other coaches of other sports at this event . Are they all appearing on rutgers schedule as well?

I don’t understand why we care .
Seems like a cool event if you’re a temple alum living in nyc or north jersey.
Many would be interested in a similar rutgers event with that format.
Agreed. Temple has about 20k alumni in the NYC area, so it makes sense that they might want to hold such an event. B1G fans shouldn't be lowering themselves to trolling G5 programs, you don't see Ohio State fans trolling MAC teams.

We also have 11 other teams on the schedule . By that logic we will be posting the alumni events those schools have too .
This was also not a football only event - there were mostly other coaches of other sports at this event . Are they all appearing on rutgers schedule as well?
Now I remember why I have you on ignore. We are polar opposites on most everything, and you seem to be purposefully obtuse.

Let's start 20 more obscure dead people threads, electric car threads and non-football related threads. Guess the topic does not conform to your standards for a football thread. The tweet was being retweeted by Temple football coaches.

Peace to you, and enjoy your fandom.

If it works out for me…definitely.
There are plans to get a pretty big showing down there by athletics.

But we shouldn't talk about such things, because it's trolling an AAC team, according some of our "fans." 🙄Whether some of these fans want to admit it our not, we are still competing for South Jersey recruits.

There are plans to get a pretty big showing down there by athletics.

But we shouldn't talk about such things, because it's trolling an AAC team, according some of our "fans." 🙄Whether some of these fans want to admit it our not, we are still competing for South Jersey recruits.
Easy ride, nice facility, ample parking, good date and hopefully a great turnout.

Would love a night game out of this one.

Now I remember why I have you on ignore. We are polar opposites on most everything, and you seem to be purposefully obtuse.

Let's start 20 more obscure dead people threads, electric car threads and non-football related threads. Guess the topic does not conform to your standards for a football thread. The tweet was being retweeted by Temple football coaches.

Peace to you, and enjoy your fandom.

Far be it for me to be any kind of architect of forum Accord (lol, site auto-capped that), but I see the middle ground here.

Not worth caring about in any meaningful way but "Temple Takeover Tour" is worthy of being posted and mocked on its face. So you're both right 🤝

Agreed. Temple has about 20k alumni in the NYC area, so it makes sense that they might want to hold such an event. B1G fans shouldn't be lowering themselves to trolling G5 programs, you don't see Ohio State fans trolling MAC teams.
How do you know that doesn't happen?

And if it is on our board it is not trolling.

Otherwise, I get the point.. don't punch down.. whether or not Ohio State fans do it.

Did they bring their body armor and weapons to defend themselves from the lunatics in that city?

Quincy Patterson to Temple (probably will start the opener at Duke and beat out Mathis, who will become the No. 2 QB there)

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the "Wagner Takeover Tour" to hit Philly.
Stop it. You just can’t wait for somebody to die so you can run to the board to report it like a morbid yenta.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAM69
Quincy Patterson to Temple (probably will start the opener at Duke and beat out Mathis, who will become the No. 2 QB there)
To me that is a topic worthy of a discussion on this board since we will likely face him in Philly, rather than some silly Temple alumni functions in NYC. If they have a legitimate QB that might make the game a little more interesting, maybe they hang in it for at least 3 quarters.

To me that is a topic worthy of a discussion on this board since we will likely face him in Philly, rather than some silly Temple alumni functions in NYC. If they have a legitimate QB that might make the game a little more interesting, maybe they hang in it for at least 3 quarters.
Can we beat them before we start talking smack. On any given Saturday anything can happen. We aren’t in a position to sleep on any team on our schedule.

Reactions: BossNJ and goru1869
Does this site have a Revisit Thread feature so that we can tag this thread for a September 18 2022 revisit?

I don't get why some of you are so obsessive over our old Big East foes who don't matter. WGAS about Temple, UCONN, Cuse etc?
No obsession, but can we GAS about teams that are on the schedule?

The week(s) leading up to Wagner- are we allowed to post threads about them, or should we act as if they do not exist?

And Boston College- are we allowed to talk about them? There is a contingent of Hafley fanboys on this forum. The weeks leading up to that game will be an interesting few weeks on these boards.

On the flip side, maybe we should avoid any discussion of Ohio State or Penn State for a couple of more years, because we know what the likely outcome will be.

You know the answer, but I’ll answer for the Millennial and Gen Z readers: to see if the scorn here for Temple is deserved.
Our all-time football record vs. the Owls is 21-15. For men’s hoops, the Owls owned us … 32-15.

Reactions: RAM69
You know the answer, but I’ll answer for the Millennial and Gen Z readers: to see if the scorn here for Temple is deserved.
Our all-time football record vs. the Owls is 21-15. For men’s hoops, the Owls owned us … 32-15.
What sport are we playing them in September?

Who got kicked out of the Big East?

I don’t see scorn as much as I see a thread about a school on our upcoming schedule that at this point shouldn’t really be a concern.

If it is, we have bigger things to worry about than a visit by them to the Hard Rock Cafe in NYC.

Did they bring their body armor and weapons to defend themselves from the lunatics in that city?
No need for that type of protection, the lunatics will be placated by the Philly Cheese Steaks Sandwiches Temple take to the City to hand out in a friendly takeover.

Reactions: goru1869
Historical record is misleading in view of the last 20 years, isn't it? The point is that Rutgers has ascended in the last 20 years, and Temple has floundered.

The last time Rutgers lost to Temple was in 2002, during the dark rebuilding years under Schiano 1.0. That's 20 years ago.

Basketball is pointless. RU and Temple have not played since 2014. Again, in the last 20 years RU is 4-2 over Temple. Temple is floundering in men's hoops too in the AAC. We know what Rutgers has done the last 3-4 years. It's night and day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT