ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Corey

Love Corey, Mike, Deshawn... They gave it eveything they had. Win or Lose.. That's all u can ask for

Reactions: QD43
Anybody who thinks the team would be better off without Corey next year, well, I think you have your answer the last three nights.

Every team needs a go-to guy. And Corey is ours.

One more year please.

Anybody who thinks the team would be better off without Corey next year, well, I think you have your answer the last three nights.

Every team needs a go-to guy. And Corey is ours.

One more year please.

But if he doesn't come back, I'm glad Geo had his coming out party and showed that he can be "the guy", too.

Reactions: zebnatto and FastMJ
Can you imagine how good we could be next year with Corey?

This season, Corey had great games (not a lot of them), and some real clunkers, and some in between.

I know no one can shoot like he did this weekend all of the time, but if he becomes a more consistent player, look out!

I really do hope that Corey comes back. He is freaking amazing and fun to watch. When he is on point, I find myself saying things like, “Whoooo, that was sick/that was clutch.” Being such a respected, fan favorite, I just want the best for him and if he decides to leave, I will be disappointed, but definitely respect him and happy for him as well.

From watching Mathis tapes, his game looks similar to Corey’s in that he drives and finishes at the rim. Though time will tell whether he can fill Corey’s shoes, it would be awesome to have two guys with athleticism/skills like that.

Sanders is a difference maker who hasn't been surrounded by enough players that can make him and the team better over a season time period.Opponents knew he was the one Rutgers player that they needed to give special attention on defense. As to his future its rather obvious Sanders wants to play in the NBA.His size and lack of consistent outside shooting makes that desire doubtful right now.I wish him great success in whatever decision he makes.He likes the bright lights and wasn't afraid to perform at MSG with all the media attention.

Corey has progressed so so so much. His mid range game and slashing is incredible. His defense is notably better.

With that being said, we need him next year. I dont think the NBA is a reality right now. He will need to craft his left and 3 ball. Pike is the right man to help him do it and he should entertain coming back and completing school. Corey could be an absolute beast in Europe or an over seas league.

Either way. I wish him the best the past 3 games have been incredibly memorable and has made many people believers in the direction of the program. Pikiell is the right man and Corey can help solidify future classes with one more year of upward trajectory.

It is Corey's life and his decision. I appreciate what he has given to RU and I wish him the best of luck on whatever decision he makes. Hopefully he will complete his degree. He will always be a Rutgers man.

I don't know about his personal business (that's why it's his an not mine).....but another factor in why I appreciate him is that he manned up with his daughter and (apparently) has her as a priority in his life. Don't see hardly enough of that. Must have a good soul to go along with those off the chart athletic skills.

I was hoping he'd win the game by jumping over Hass for a last second winning dunk!

Corey was definitely focused and motivated to showcase his talent for pro scouts.

In three games against better teams he averaged 25 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 turnover in 35 minutes of play on three consecutive nights, all while expending defensively intense energy and highlight reel athleticism.

Couple all that with his confidence, leadership and clutch shot-making while carrying this team to upset victories, and you can see the lure he holds for the professional ranks, somewhere.

All that said, he should be Pike's number one recruiting target for the 2018/19 season.

Reactions: soundcrib
Can you imagine how psyched we'd all be if Corey came back?

Not sure there's anything Pike can say or do, because Corey has to decide for himself.

But if he does decide to come back, I will consider it a credit to the program and coaching staff for creating a winning environment that would encourage Corey to stay.

Hey Corey played 36+ min almost every night. The kid has played more minutes than anyone last 3 years. He deserves our respect. Thanks Corey. Hope you are back, if not best of luck in the NBA or Europe. But plz come back, play 4, get your degree. Guys like Joel Berry and Marcus Paige did it for UNC.

He's not coming back. Those of us at MSG on Friday night saw how dejected and downtrodden he looked in the last minute. That was the look of a fierce competitor who knew he had just played his last college basketball game.

Good luck to Corey. Kid may not seem like obvious NBA talent but there's a fire in this kid that makes me believe nothing is impossible. Side note, I hope he never has to pay for a beer when an RU alum is around.

Reactions: Local Shill
There is sooo much speculation based on very very little evidence either way. If Corey was certain I doubt he'd need to go home and talk to his family about it. I hope he stays but I'd understand if he doesn't.

He'd get WAY more media exposure playing here next year with performances like the recent Big Ten tourney then he ever will overseas or in the G-League. He's not making the SportsCenter top ten playing in Lithuania or the Westchester Knicks. He does if he's dunking on Indiana or Purdue on national television.

ADVERTISEMENT