ADVERTISEMENT

THANK YOU, John O., for your post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"While I support your right to express your thoughts about any aspect of the program, I will not let you beat the drum of negativity from one thread to the next."

Thank God.

I'm not big on censorship, but there are a handful of posters who completely fit the bill with respect to John's post, and need to go.

The negative people John was speaking to are mostly not Rutgers fans. Some may pretend to be Rutgers fans, but they're really Flood fans, Schiano fans, Golden fans, fans of their own agendas, or just trolls. But they're not Rutgers fans.

Rutgers fans want to cheer for Rutgers. And right now, there is reason to be hopeful and optimistic about the football program. For Rutgers fans, that's something to cheer about.

People resort to calling each other names very quickly on this board. I call it the Trump Syndrome. Someone disagrees with them, they call that person a name. I think it was Blitz.

Reactions: brgossRU90
"While I support your right to express your thoughts about any aspect of the program, I will not let you beat the drum of negativity from one thread to the next."

Thank God.

I'm not big on censorship, but there are a handful of posters who completely fit the bill with respect to John's post, and need to go.
That has always been the general rule here, yet some who were banned in the past failed to grasp this, and they seek to blame others for their banning.
Also, some need to let go of the past and stop pissing on or about what happened in the past with our former Coach. It's over. Move forward and don't look back.
Another also-stop pissing on our current players.

Yep, great post. Did not understand the constant negativity by those few posters.

People resort to calling each other names very quickly on this board. I call it the Trump Syndrome. Someone disagrees with them, they call that person a name.

Agree. Just because someone has an opposing view does not mean they are disloyal, not a fan, a troll, etc. You can't even escape it in this thread - which defeats what John was trying to say.

The support of Ash and a discussion around whether there were more qualified candidates should not be co-mingled. Not one person who is stating a negative opinion around the hiring process is saying they won't be positive and support Ash. Just saying it was not their first choice and they should be able to discuss that (in a civil manner) on this board. Otherwise, it isn't a discussion board it's a rah rah board or single minded individuals.

If someone wants to get a pulse on the fan base and program this is supposed to be a good place to get it. It someone is off base, then it will be evidenced by the weight of the discussion in one direction or the other. But I would hate for the board to be a reflection of a single point of view (uncontested) and then have recruits come and find it isn't reality or administrators operate as thought everything is perfect.

As most of what is posted is opinion, then the goal should be respectful discussion around why one person thinks differently than another. There is no room or need for namecalling or slurs. There were plenty of posters who had differing opinions who discussed it in a civil and educated manner. And then there were those who just lobbed insults and slurs.

As I stated before, a simple poll will highlight my point:

Ask:

1. Do you think Ash was the best candidate for Rutgers Head Coach?

2. Do you want Ash to succeed Rutgers?

My guess is (except for the true Trolls) that #2 will have 100% support from true fans including myself. Whereas number one will have a higher (still perhaps small on this board) number of fans who are dissenters on that question. And that is the essence of the "discussion" and that, in my opinion, is appropriate discussion and should not warrant insults for wanting to discuss it on this board.

If that is wrong than you can ban me but it will say a lot about what this board is really all about and it isn't open and honest discussion that represents the views of all the alumni.

Regards,

-CG

Last edited:
All you clowns thanking John for this message.

Did you follow your own advise when it came to bashing Flood or RU players or recruits over the last 4 years? Did you 'cry foul' when you FANS boo'd Laviano. Did you 'cry foul' and call for censhorhsip when every single post no matter what became an anti Flood post?

The same recruits and players and parents were reading the boards when 80% of you did everything you could to bash Flood on every message thread!

So many of you are full of SH$$, you and your double standards. True fans don't boo their own players, true fans don't threaten to give up their season tickets to punish RU.

Double standards baby!!

I am not for censorship. I am completely against a$$holes who spew repeated negative comments about our team, players coaches, former coaches and yes even our opponents. I am all for banning those posters. I am happy to list them for you but I think it is pretty obvious who they are.

We have some good fans who I have called out for repeated bashing of Flood not only after he left but while he was here which obviously does not help our program and likely hurts it. If you want to win, be supportive. When opposing teams have more fans cheering than we do (our are actually booing or coach and players) we give our team little chance to succeed.

Lose the loser mentality.It has plagued this program forever. Lose it.

And thank you John for your efforts here.

Another thank you John. We need to get rid of this bogus "Jersey" attitude that seems to condone saying anything because "hey man, I can say what I want". Be supportive of your team and all connected to it. And support your fellow fans' right to express their opinion.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
This is not a form of censorship.

This is a year overdue, at least.

John!s reasons stated is a primary reason I for one let my subscription go and do not frequent the board any more.

There is glimmers of intelligence with much useless pontificating polluting the boards.

I come here to learn what's going down at RU not read someone misguided and delusional pshychophantic diatribe loosely aimed at justifying their own over inflated of self.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Right now we have every reason to be very optimistic about the future of the team. I am particularly relieved that we're finally going to try a new offense. Whatever happens with it at least we will be trying something other than what hasn't been working for years and years.

All you clowns thanking John for this message.

Did you follow your own advise when it came to bashing Flood or RU players or recruits over the last 4 years? Did you 'cry foul' when you FANS boo'd Laviano. Did you 'cry foul' and call for censhorhsip when every single post no matter what became an anti Flood post?

The same recruits and players and parents were reading the boards when 80% of you did everything you could to bash Flood on every message thread!

So many of you are full of SH$$, you and your double standards. True fans don't boo their own players, true fans don't threaten to give up their season tickets to punish RU.

Double standards baby!!
"You've done a lot to piss me off, Lila."

Just think it would be nice for RU fans to try and be positive about the Ash hire.
There has been enough things go wrong last season that we don't need unmercifully nit picking everything Ash is doing since Rutgers hired him
Flood got most of the hate sent his way over the way RU played with him as HC.
The way his first year ended made many RU fans question his coaching ability despite RU's W-L record that year.
Chris , because he was a college player, shouldn't have been attacked as he was because of how some felt his QB ability was. But attacking a college player is different than attacking the coach that isn't doing a good job
Flood was showing he wasn't B1G material , Ash just was hired and right away the nit picking started.
There is a difference in the way Flood was treated and how Ash is being treated now.
Flood because of his coaching , Ash is being bashed even before he proves if he's good or bad as a HC

Reactions: RUonBrain
I agree John, please pin that post. Or better yet could you make it the front page for all of the negatoids?:joy:

sorry but many are in fact RU "fans"--the negativity and grass is greener disease persists big time and if you speak out against it you are attacked

Surprising and disturbing censorship and extremely disappointing John.

The amount of posts denigrating and bashing Kyle Flood, Julie Herman, Chas Dodd, Chris Laviano, Coach Schiano, etc., were all acceptable? Wow talk about double standards. No response then?

Responding to the literally dozens of threads (and insults) suggesting that Coach Ash splitting his his time was great publicity for RU, or a great idea constitutes an, " Ax to Grind," a lack of loyality, or polluting threads. How is that fair?

Rutgers Al noted that 80% coaches went to their schools right away. Perhaps the most passionate and loyal RU fan on this board. He was crucified by many on this board. No response then?

Any suggestion that Al Golden, by all accounts our other primary top candidate, was shot down by hatred and virtriol by this board. No response then?

Even in this thread there are fans who suggest that fans who disagree with some of the decisions made by RU are not true fans. Really? No response then?

I have over 5,000 posts and am obviously as empassioned as any RU fan and will react when I think RU is getting the short end of the stick. Censorship stinks!

We all want Coach Ash to succeed, how he chooses to go about it should be open for debate and not subject to censorship. It's a fan board. All opinions should be encouraged.

Last edited:
Couldn't reply in the thread itself, but Good Lord, were your words of wisdom needed.
John, Implement the 3 strike policy. Get rid of people who can't follow basic rules. It doesn't mean you they can't be negative but repeating the same negative message over and over is unbearable.

As usual, this post we are talking about was a "horse has left the barn" one. Could have used something like this a while back.

And I agree with a few of the previous posters. But for different reasons.

Thank goodness the majority of folks here get it and the point John is trying to make. As far as the others..please wake up and give the new staff a chance. The parade is moving forward with or without you. Thanks again John!

Thank goodness the majority of folks here get it and the point John is trying to make. As far as the others..please wake up and give the new staff a chance. The parade is moving forward with or without you. Thanks again John!
That is not what the "others" are talking about in this particular thread. We aren't missing the point. Some of us are trying to make one.

He just did it for likes.

Like this post if you disagree.

NO. I did NOT do it for "likes", Mr. "Moderator". (Moderator...what a joke.) -I did it because somebody had sense enough to post something that finally reflected what a lot of people on here feel.

I don't give a flying damn whether you, or anybody else, likes what I said or not. I thanked John O. for having some sanity and posting something to counter the BS that's been going on here regarding the new coaching hire ever since Ash was announced,

And if you think I did it simply for likes, you're a "Moderator", supposedly, so if there's some way you can remove the likes I've gotten for my post starting this thread...do it. It won't bother me a bit.

Last edited:
it is disappointing that any criticism of the new regime is now censored and considered a bannable offense, especially on the free board (I know the round table doesn't count since most of those paying posters want/expect everything to be all sunshine and rainbows over there).

Last edited:
Definitely needed. It would be great if all RU fans on this board could put down their prior arguments and just give this new regime a chance. This is a completely new start for Rutgers football. It deserves the benefit of the doubt. But there are so many prior feuds on this board it never happens. Way too many are interested in proving someone else is wrong than actually supporting and/or fairly critiquing the program. It's pretty sad when "Look at me I was right," becomes more important than a fair discussion of a football program we all live and die with.

We need to let go of the previous divides over Schiano, Pernetti, Flood and Hermann. They're gone. They have absolutely nothing to do with what we will see on the field in 2016. A brand new HC and staff in the toughest division in college football will make enough mistakes to give everyone something to talk about. But they at the very least deserve the chance to make the mistakes and to correct them.

Surprising and disturbing censorship and extremely disappointing John.

The amount of posts denigrating and bashing Kyle Flood, Julie Herman, Chas Dodd, Chris Laviano, Coach Schiano, etc., were all acceptable? Wow talk about double standards. No response then?

Responding to the literally dozens of threads (and insults) suggesting that Coach Ash splitting his his time was great publicity for RU, or a great idea constitutes an, " Ax to Grind," a lack of loyality, or polluting threads. How is that fair?

Rutgers Al noted that 80% coaches went to their schools right away. Perhaps the most passionate and loyal RU fan on this board. He was crucified by many on this board. No response then?

Any suggestion that Al Golden, by all accounts our other primary top candidate, was shot down by hatred and virtriol by this board. No response then?

Even in this thread there are fans who suggest that fans who disagree with some of the decisions made by RU are not true fans. Really? No response then?

I have over 5,000 posts and am obviously as empassioned as any RU fan and will react when I think RU is getting the short end of the stick. Censorship stinks!

We all want Coach Ash to succeed, how he chooses to go about it should be open for debate and not subject to censorship. It's a fan board. All opinions should be encouraged.
And you were one of those leading those assaults and now you claim foul.Hypocrite! Sorry, I will continue to call out your hypocrisy. I seriously, and I mean seriously, doubt your sincerity when you say you want Ash to succeed. There is a phenomenon on this board, and I haven't found it on other boards, where so called fans do nothing but debase and denigrate any success or positive news news coming from the home front. You are exhibit A of that battalion whom clearly were the target of John's post .Censorship is not necessary. Just go ahead and continue to make a fool of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT