ADVERTISEMENT

The 5 Stages of Grieving for RU Football

RUforester72

All Conference
Jul 23, 2014
Bend Oregon
The five stages of grieving: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost.

After the off season filled with hype, fan group think, and expressions of hope turned into expectations of success, we are facing grim reality.

Denial set in during the OSU game. Anger after the second pick six against KU. Now we hear fans "bargaining" that KU was our WTF game and things will turn around. I suppose we can hope?

I've moved on. To depression. :cry:

Reactions: RU-ROCS
Last stage: Apathy = Total consciousness

It's getting bad. My buddy/huge RU fan and I are playing golf Sat. We were talking about tee times and I asked what time the RU game was- his response was, "who cares". Early tee time in that case!

Reactions: Randal7
In this case 6 stages. Admitting almost every other program out there will kick R.U.'s ass. This will be the final of final stages. After this you become a fan of a program that has a chance in your short lifetime.

I'm in continual denial. Better days are ahead--like Saturday, and the next Saturday after that.
giphy.gif

I seem to remember anyone not hitching a ride on the Scarlet Colored Glasses Train being called a poor excuse for a fan, a troll, and even worse. No need for that, as they will probably be proved right.

I seem to remember anyone not hitching a ride on the Scarlet Colored Glasses Train being called a poor excuse for a fan, a troll, and even worse. No need for that, as they will probably be proved right.
Yes, even the optimists (like me) are challenged to stay on the train.

ADVERTISEMENT