ADVERTISEMENT

"The Boss"...NJ Native

tumblr_n218vvbOsu1so2h9go1_1280.jpg

Bruce and his band have played their on-campus arena several times - including last month - and maybe he just a freebie in his car on a sunny day.
His two older kids went to BC and Duke.
Perhaps when the RAC is renovated or replaced he would play on the banks again - 40 years or so after his last appearance.

Reactions: Ataylor1989x
Has anyone ever seen him in a rutgers hat-since he has been famous, not 1971

I like his music and he is an incredible entertainer. Besides that can't think of anything else good to say about him.

He did a penn state show right at the time when the crap was hitting the fan out there..... I have a sneaking suspicion he does not like RU maybe going back to his early days when he performed there..... Possibly not being treated right, getting a bad vibe way back when, just a guess....... He seems to mention a lot of Jersey towns, memories, but RU, not much, if anything.

He did a penn state show right at the time when the crap was hitting the fan out there..... I have a sneaking suspicion he does not like RU maybe going back to his early days when he performed there..... Possibly not being treated right, getting a bad vibe way back when, just a guess....... He seems to mention a lot of Jersey towns, memories, but RU, not much, if anything.
He's an entertainer and can preform anywhere he wants and if he doesn't want to put RU on his schedule that's his decision.
Doesn't mean he's a good person or a bad one if he likes Rutgers or dislikes RU.
Just another Jersey boy not being Jersey Strong when it comes to his State University,but his talent is undeniable and does bring credit to the State

Reactions: RUJMM78 and RUpop
He's an entertainer and can preform anywhere he wants and if he doesn't want to put RU on his schedule that's his decision.
Doesn't mean he's a good person or a bad one if he likes Rutgers or dislikes RU.
Just another Jersey boy not being Jersey Strong when it comes to his State University,but his talent is undeniable and does bring credit to the State
-------
of course..... the timing of the Penn state concert seemed to indicate to me that he was trying to do something nice for PU at a time of their distress.... my only point is that it seems we have never had a display, or a remark out of him about RU, over the years, that would seem supportive..... this is not about his talent, or being a credit to his state.

-------
of course..... the timing of the Penn state concert seemed to indicate to me that he was trying to do something nice for PU at a time of their distress.... my only point is that it seems we have never had a display, or a remark out of him about RU, over the years, that would seem supportive..... this is not about his talent, or being a credit to his state.
Yet he canceled a concert in North Carolina in support of LGBT bath room rights. But he "supported" Penn State?
Is that Woody Allen in drag with him?

-------

Springsteen played Penn State in October 2012 in the middle of a major tour. The concert was almost a year after the scandal broke. I doubt the decision had anything to do with doing something nice for Penn State but rather because it's the biggest arena between Philly and Pittsburgh and he can sell it out.
He played there this year again. I was at both shows. This time he was very happy with the crowd and said it was a great audience so maybe that's why he kept the hat.

Springsteen played Penn State in October 2012 in the middle of a major tour. The concert was almost a year after the scandal broke. I doubt the decision had anything to do with doing something nice for Penn State but rather because it's the biggest arena between Philly and Pittsburgh and he can sell it out.
He played there this year again. I was at both shows. This time he was very happy with the crowd and said it was a great audience so maybe that's why he kept the hat.
-----------
I would then imagine that the concert was scheduled early in the scandal.... I think I remember it being announced when things looked pretty bad.
anyway, when I heard about the concert, I thought it was a supportive move, could be wrong.

I grew up in Freehold and still have family there. He would not perform at a couple of local fundraisers about 10-15 years ago to raise money for the Freehold schools, which were in real need of repair. Not saying he's a bad guy, but has he really done anything for the state besides play at Meadowlands and Stony Pony? Not a criticism - he's allowed to play for money and his own causes. And let's be honest - if you grew up in NJ and didn't go to Rutgers (or any family members) would you really care about the school?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I grew up in Freehold and still have family there. He would not perform at a couple of local fundraisers about 10-15 years ago to raise money for the Freehold schools, which were in real need of repair. Not saying he's a bad guy, but has he really done anything for the state besides play at Meadowlands and Stony Pony? Not a criticism - he's allowed to play for money and his own causes. And let's be honest - if you grew up in NJ and didn't go to Rutgers (or any family members) would you really care about the school?

Well, let's see:
1. Paid for Asbury Park Fire Department's ladder truck.
2. Paid for an Engine for Freehold Fire Department
3. Long time supporter of the Monmouth County Food Bank

Some tried to get him to do some sort of benefit for Sea Bright after Sandy to no avail. Bon Jovi bought Sea Bright a new ambulance since they lost two in Sandy. Of all bands, Train from San Francisco performed a benefit concert at the Sea Bright Fire station. He is a member of one of the Sea Bright beach clubs. Was kind of a head scratcher as to why he did not respond to requests for helping Sea Bright.

Reactions: lighty
How can he play at RU if RU cannot hold large concerts at the stadium or at the RAC because of the "politics' of arena's in the state.

WHAT, Rutgers is in NEW JERSEY? Wow didn't know that

WHAT, Rutgers is in NEW JERSEY? Wow didn't know that
Not a reason in the world why Bruce Springsteen would play Rutgers with the venues available an easy drive, north and south.

That said, he needs to burn that hat.

Reactions: valkabit
Maybe he needed a hat to go "incognito" in public, and one of his stable hands at his Colts Neck house lent him a State Penn one. But that foo foo scarf around the neck has to go. (Could be covering up a hickey from the Atlantic Club red head that he was "having lunch with", and to whom he gave the description "best ass in the Atlantic Club" (per NY Post).)

But don't question Bruce's generosity, as I think his mom Adelle did a good job of teaching him to never forget his roots.

And I think the picture that started this thread could have been at a horse event, maybe watching his daughter compete, since the guy in back of him with the tie - and the others in the picture - just would not fit in at a PSU game, especially with the lack of blue and white. That might also explain the foo foo scarf.

Some of you are complete idiots.
Bruce has zero ties to Rutgers. By is own admission, he hated HS and barely passed. He is not a sports fan at all. why do you idiots think he should be a Rutgers fan??

He's a liberal who doesn't pay taxes in NJ because he lives on a "bee farm". He wants people to piss, poop, and shower wherever they like. Any surprise he supports PSU? Seems like a match made in heaven. I'm not a fan but he's a a great entertainer...so are the Kardashians. Take him off the pedestal and see him for what he is.

He's a liberal who doesn't pay taxes in NJ because he lives on a "bee farm". He wants people to piss, poop, and shower wherever they like. Any surprise he supports PSU? Seems like a match made in heaven. I'm not a fan but he's a a great entertainer...so are the Kardashians. Take him off the pedestal and see him for what he is.
He is a great talent with no ties to Rutgers. You all need to take a chill pill

[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT