ADVERTISEMENT

The "College Game Day" Chances for Power Five Schools that have Never hosted it,Ranked.

I think we all know if Rutgers becomes good again, they will get one eventually. At some point they have to be 4-0 and playing at home against a power team.

Washington St. got one after 30 years in a P5 conference and "years of fan campaigning". So are you going to lead the fan campaigning?

Didn't Wazzu also have that guy who flys the WSU flag at EVERY Gameday?

We could have had Gameday on the 150th anniversary but no, we have to be OFF that week.
Believe they missed a game for the first time in forever last season.

Pretty fair assessment.. just goes to show, WE screwed this up. If we were anywhere near the GS years quality, we'd have a shot. That is, if CGD actually cares to visit all the P5 schools at some point. Which they should... amirite?

We could have had Gameday on the 150th anniversary but no, we have to be OFF that week.
But but the poster Jim from RU says Hobbs is great!

Reactions: Local Shill

WSU Flag Guy is a hero

How the hell is it possible that many P5 schools have never hosted?!? Sonuvabitches keep going to the same places over and over.

Reactions: miket007
This is a little overrated and misleading.

Good chance either 06 Rutgers-Louisville or 07 Rutgers-USF could have been CGD if not for being Thursday.

Also, completely disagree CGD should somehow go out of their way to visit every P5 school.
Sounds like an “Everyone needs a participation trophy” type of thing.

How the hell is it possible that many P5 schools have never hosted?!? Sonuvabitches keep going to the same places over and over.
The notion that all teams should be visited by CGD merely because they have a team is a misguided egalitarianism. Not all teams draw fans, not all teams are watchable, and some teams are much more productive than others. I was at the Scarlet Walk for our first B1G Gameday, and a lot of folks didn’t leave their tailgates to show up for it. We have a long way to go before we should be considered before the 40+ other teams are, whose fans bring energy to the stadium, including gameday. We just aren’t that good, and hopefully that changes to make a legit case for greater recognition.

The notion that all teams should be visited by CGD merely because they have a team is a misguided egalitarianism. Not all teams draw fans, not all teams are watchable, and some teams are much more productive than others. I was at the Scarlet Walk for our first B1G Gameday, and a lot of folks didn’t leave their tailgates to show up for it. We have a long way to go before we should be considered before the 40+ other teams are, whose fans bring energy to the stadium, including gameday. We just aren’t that good, and hopefully that changes to make a legit case for greater recognition.

This...

Actually, higher than I expected! But, the author doesn't show much hope that we can ever get the thing. I am just happy that I was around for the GS era when we were relevant and ranked.
Building a winning football program takes a very long time and the leadership has to all be on the same page thru the process. Can't say that has happened here.

No way it was happening. What do you think our record will be in early November? The stadium will be at least half empty. There will be no energy around the fanbase. That's exactly the opposite of what GameDay wants in choosing a location.

Good gawd, no. Why would CGD come here? CGD to Piscataway would only provide a high-profile forum for protest of athletics in colleges. I meant some of the other places on the list. Surprised there hasn’t been a CGD for an in-state rivalry of Kansas-KState in Lawrence or UVA-VTech in Charlottesville for example.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa

Arent they going to Princeton anyway

The chances of Rutgers getting College Game day in the next 15 years...

Clemson is playing at Syracuse mid Sept. Decent chance CGD is there; to cross Syracuse off the list.
I don't think CGD gives a rats ass about it. I don't think crossing a team off the list is even a discussion point in the selection process.

Get me to be a wining team most years and GD be damned. Don't care a single bit at this point. We can't get our own diehard fans to come to a game, how in any world are we getting gameday?

Reactions: beaced
it will take a year when RU is like 5 or 6 and 0 and hosting Michigan, OSU, or PSU.

3 OOC easy wins
Indiana win
1-2 wins against marginal B10 West schools (Minny, Purdue types)

then you are 5 or 6 and 0

Good gawd, no. Why would CGD come here? CGD to Piscataway would only provide a high-profile forum for protest of athletics in colleges. I meant some of the other places on the list. Surprised there hasn’t been a CGD for an in-state rivalry of Kansas-KState in Lawrence or UVA-VTech in Charlottesville for example.

VT UVA is always Thanksgiving weekend to end the season.
Limits CGD potential.

CGD will be in Piscataway on Nov 16 this year when we host Ohio State. We'll be 8-1 and controlling our destiny to win the B1G East.

ADVERTISEMENT