ADVERTISEMENT

The curious case of Ted Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletStateofNJ

All Conference
Jul 6, 2011
Former 2016 RU commit Ted Fields seems to have flamed out mightily. Was it grades or bad senior year tape? What ever the case may be, Ted doesn't seem to have an offer to play college football so he's going to a prep school in CT: Salsbury School in Salsbury, CT.

Reactions: beaced
1. it's Ted Field, singular
2. Ted was offered scholarships from Cornell as stated above as well as Temple and 5 other FCS schools. He wants to play for the SEC or a Big12 school so opted to turn down the scholarship offers and go to prep school for a year to work on getting himself better to get the offer he wants

2. Ted was offered scholarships from Cornell as stated above as well as Temple and 5 other FCS schools. He wants to play for the SEC or a Big12 school so opted to turn down the scholarship offers and go to prep school for a year to work on getting himself better to get the offer he wants

Jesus that's dumb.

A smart kid would realize that football is not going to be a career and take the free Cornell education in a heartbeat.

He was heartbroken after Flood took away his offer.

according to his family, who I am in touch with, the offer was not taken away. Ted decided to decommit, against his parent's wishes, because he had a personal issue and did not get the 'F.A.M.I.L.Y" from Flood that he had expected.

Jesus that's dumb.

I'm not rendering an opinion on this....just stating the facts as they have been given to me by his dad.

according to his family, who I am in touch with, the offer was not taken away. Ted decided to decommit, against his parent's wishes, because he had a personal issue and did not get the 'F.A.M.I.L.Y" from Flood that he had expected.

I'm not rendering an opinion on this....just stating the facts as they have been given to me by his dad.
That's kind of creepy that you're friends with the family.

Reactions: BaseballFan913
I know why he decomitted as well. Hopefully he got the help he needed and doesn't mess up.

Last edited:
Jesus that's dumb.
Man you are taxing. What if he gets a Vandy offer? You think Cornell won't have a spot for him after a prep year? Maybe instead of Cornell he goes to Princeton or Yale. If you are a true reperesentation of community college professors then Obama is correct. It should be free because charging for it is criminal.

That's kind of creepy that you're friends with the family.

Don't understand why...he was a face of the class early on with Jon Pollack and anyone who was interested could have met either family as they are all Salt of the Earth people....whether it worked out with Rutgers or not if a person you meet is a good person why write them off

Word of advice...if you get this kind of response from a guy like @RutgersRaRa, believe me it's YOU.
I love you, man!

P.S. I'm a bit protective of the Mrs., knowing her integrity, insight, wisdom, and leadership abilities, but also wanted to resurrect the five-years-old expression I saw bandied about on here, which turned out to be a misspelling of some word or another. It actually makes no sense as written, and isn't all that offensive, but being protective of the Mr.'s wife as I am, well, you know--firehouse rules apply. ;-)

Reactions: Newbrunfus

Cornell does not have athletic scholarships, so if he has a scholarship offer from Cornell it must be need-based or academic.

If you looked at his tape he was a very slow player. Some people just judge linemen based on size but there has to be some athleticism to go along with it.

While it was never made clear by the originator, I've always believed "d*sh" to be a clever concatenation of "dick" and "douche".

DickDouche.

Ouch.

Reactions: RUScrew85
hmmm.. it is a little weird.. if rutgersal had said it he'd get blasted with "stalker" comments.. just because one poster is well-liked is no reason to lie in her defense. I also think the original "jesus that's dumb" referred to Filed's actions, not the poster explaining it.

And the code for that asterisk part is alt-0220

D Ü S H

Reactions: DirtyRU
Cornell does not have athletic scholarships, so if he has a scholarship offer from Cornell it must be need-based or academic.

My guess is it was a financial aid package rather than a full scholie. Your parents can be making fairly good money ($70-80k per year) and the Ivies will provide a combination of loans and a partial scholarship on the basis of need.

Full tuition? Very few. Partial? Most. And that holds true for non-athletes as well.
That was my point. But I will have to differ with you on levels of aid. Athletes depending on sport have varying degrees of assistance. Football, basketball the so called revenue generating sports many are on very high amount of aid.

Reactions: BLewis1968
While it was never made clear by the originator, I've always believed "d*sh" to be a clever concatenation of "dick" and "douche".

DickDouche.

Ouch.
I stand corrected. We Johnny-come-latelies can be a bit naive, ya know, about the insulting nature of the expression. I like the circuitous nature of it, I must say. I mean, how often do you get to insert an asterisk into a word and have it stand on its own merits, even though nobody knows what those merits are? Dish, dash, Dosh (Kristi), all of which seem friendly.

Says a lot about the former staffs 'eye for talent" when they thought this kid was so great they locked him up 2 years before he was graduating HS.

That was my point. But I will have to differ with you on levels of aid. Athletes depending on sport have varying degrees of assistance. Football, basketball the so called revenue generating sports many are on very high amount of aid.

Well, if you compare average family income of the basketball and football players as opposed to say, lacrosse players, I think you'll find the income levels are lower. Thus, the difference is income related rather than sports related.

Man you are taxing. What if he gets a Vandy offer? You think Cornell won't have a spot for him after a prep year? Maybe instead of Cornell he goes to Princeton or Yale. If you are a true reperesentation of community college professors then Obama is correct. It should be free because charging for it is criminal.

First, I am not a community college professor. Second, it is dumb to turn down a free education at any number of fine schools because you want to play in the Big 12 or SEC. If he said I'm going to work on a Princeton offer, that would be different....but that's not what he said. Prep school is usually for grades for non qualifiers, but it appears he wants to use it to get better football tape.

Maybe you should take Obama up on his offer, because it seems you need help with your reading.

Reactions: RUchip
Just because the Ivy League labels them as something else they do offer athletically desirable students special financial support. It is a form of athletic scholarship under another name. They just skip the NCAA red tape. Don't buy the Pollyanna Ivy League nonsense.

Reactions: RUevolution36
Well, if you compare average family income of the basketball and football players as opposed to say, lacrosse players, I think you'll find the income levels are lower. Thus, the difference is income related rather than sports related.
And how many of these needy students that happen to play a sport would be able to enroll in an IVY without playing said sport? Very few. So in essence it is an athletic scholarship.

I know of many "needy" lacrosse athletes that had near full rides to Princeton from Dix Hills and Delbarton....

First, I am not a community college professor. Second, it is dumb to turn down a free education at any number of fine schools because you want to play in the Big 12 or SEC. If he said I'm going to work on a Princeton offer, that would be different....but that's not what he said. Prep school is usually for grades for non qualifiers, but it appears he wants to use it to get better football tape.

Maybe you should take Obama up on his offer, because it seems you need help with your reading.
As usual you are incorrect. Lots of kids go to Prep school in hopes of bigger offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT