ADVERTISEMENT

The first piece of the 2022-23 schedule puzzle is in place

I think CW runs a guard heavy offense. Maybe 4 guards, but, not 100% sure of that.

That guard heavy thing is tough when you go against the elite teams. Length and all-around skilled players is the way to go in this position-less era, IMO.

That guard heavy thing is tough when you go against the elite teams. Length and all-around skilled players is the way to go in this position-less era, IMO.
I don't know. But, did CW win 2 B1G coach of the year honors running a guard heavy offense?

Every team in College BB runs 3 guards...some run 4. It's a perimeter game.

I don't know. But, did CW win 2 B1G coach of the year honors running a guard heavy offense?

Every team in College BB runs 3 guards...some run 4. It's a perimeter game.
I think it blurs into looking like 3 or 4 guards in a lot of cases because the forwards in many cases have all-around skill sets and can play like guards. Great example would be Draymond and the Warriors. He's not a guard, but a forward with all-around skills. As is Wiggins.

Yes, the three is a difference maker in today's game but dominance in the post is still THE difference maker between good teams and championship teams, IMO.

Look at SC, having the edge in the post has them on top of everyone. They shot the three well enough, but dominate the glass and the paint with length and athleticism. That has been Geno's m.o. for years. The Swen Cash/Tameika Williams/Asjha Jones team, followed by Abrosimova, Taurasi is a big guard, Maya Moore, would have been DellaDonne too, Naph.Collier, etc.... he always tried to play with a size and length advantage. It just so happens that there's enough elite talent to go around now.

ADVERTISEMENT