ADVERTISEMENT

The JY Steal

So annoyed by the collapse, I could barely look at the screen, but yes a season-saver.

When I saw that play developing and 2 MN players sprinting past half court with no RU players there and then the MN player starts his passing motion ...

it felt like enough time to concurrently think to myself "how can this be happening? why again are we so tortured? will I ever have a desire to watch RU bball again? Will we have enough time for a Geo miracle? A three ball at the buzzer for us to win it?"

... and then poof, somehow the ball lands in JYs hands. And we hold our breathe as he dances around the half court line seemingly barely in control.

That was a heck of a moment.

“The interception”. When that phrased is uttered in reference to RU basketball everyone should automatically know what is being talked about
When they showed the replay from the other end of the court that's what I thought too. What an effing play.

I've watched it a few times. Yes great anticipation. He really did play it like a D-Back reading a QB. He broke on it early. Great heads up and non-panicked play.

If you flash back ...to the end of regulation against Purdue last year

it was Jacob who didn’t box out at the end of regulation ...Got caught looking ...and they guy got the board And got fouled ...we got bailed out because they missed the free throw and we went to OT....

Now...this time Jacob made the absolute heads up play of the year

“The interception “ is absolutely the perfect term...

Think he let the ball go also - to prevent from being a backcourt violation. Great play. But I was confident we would come down the floor and tie it back up.

Reactions: hiwater
The steal was amazing and saved that game and a lot of weight off the teams proverbial back, but Pike has a habit of shortening the bench too much, leaving tired legs in the 2nd half is concerning, cost us a few games this year and even last year, and Geo played all 20 minutes in the 2nd half tried to step up and close the game and just didn't have it, that we shouldn't have had to rely on that steal for OT.

Side note, I like JY, Caleb and Cliff together defensively. I wish we had more of an OOC schedule to have figured these things out more.

Still can’t believe he picked that off. Saved the season and our tournament hopes.

I know people get sick of me saying this but if greg schiano ever got his hands on this kid hes a sure fire 1st rounder at CB. His quickness + speed + change of direction is one of the best in the world. Literally the world and i say this without an ounce of hyperbole. Thats god given

If you flash back ...to the end of regulation against Purdue last year

it was Jacob who didn’t box out at the end of regulation ...Got caught looking ...and they guy got the board And got fouled ...we got bailed out because they missed the free throw and we went to OT....

Now...this time Jacob made the absolute heads up play of the year

“The interception “ is absolutely the perfect term...

and it as JY who went to the rim in OT got the dunk and +1 that set-up everything for the final Geo bucket.

is he perfect always? nope... But, gives 100% 100% of the time!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT