ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2021 NCAA tournament cancellation prediction thread

We did it nervous Lou. We did it

But do we really know we're in? What if they select Chicago State instead? I think we need one more win.

Incidentally, can you really see us winning another game after losing that second half lead? I think we're done. Epic collapse. Better luck next season.

But can you really see next season being any better???

/Lou

Oh no wait we won today I have to switch gears..

HUGE momentum, can you see us losing again? We make the BTT finals at least. Elite 8. And that would be a disappointment. Jacob Young to average 50 a game going forward.

But do we really know we're in? What if they select Chicago State instead? I think we need one more win.

Incidentally, can you really see us winning another game after losing that second half lead? I think we're done. Epic collapse. Better luck next season.

But can you really see next season being any better???

/Lou

Hate to say this but unless something dramatic changes, I don't see us winning any more games. People so worried about our seed and who we play in the second round but we barely beat a feeling Minny missing 2 of their top players and their best player having one of his worst games. Nebraska was just an embarrassment, Indiana took an epic turnaround that I was hoping was the beginning of things to come and Maryland we lacked energy. Unless RHJ catches lightening in a bottle, I am beyond happy we are going dancing, but this team needs an infusion

Replacing Young will be near impossible unless there are some transfer portal players out there. He's the team MVP. Certainly plays somewhere at the next level...

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Tournament will not be canceled but President Holloway will not allow the team to play because of fans being allowed and the threat of a 4th or maybe 23rd wave of the China virus. He will just say we were selected and as players and fans that should be enough.

It’s leaked Corey Sanders came to practice and gave all the players free CDs of his latest rap mix tape. Impermissible benefits, entire team ruled ineligible for NCAA tournament

Hate to say this but unless something dramatic changes, I don't see us winning any more games. People so worried about our seed and who we play in the second round but we barely beat a feeling Minny missing 2 of their top players and their best player having one of his worst games. Nebraska was just an embarrassment, Indiana took an epic turnaround that I was hoping was the beginning of things to come and Maryland we lacked energy. Unless RHJ catches lightening in a bottle, I am beyond happy we are going dancing, but this team needs an infusion

at one point we were 7-1, ranked 11th or so, and looking pretty unbeatable...we lost something after that, what it was exactly escapes me

the team can play way better than they have recently.... I hope that if there is dissention amongst the players, they put it aside for this last push, in post season.....if there really has been no conflict, just get back to what worked

Reactions: RURahh
What happens between now and next week that keeps the tournament from happening? Or does the committee decide to snub us just to piss us off?

I’ll go with a new CV variant that emerges with a 15% mortality rate.

if you want a worse RU situation, one of the players gets diagnosed with the virus, the team has to cancel out of the tourney....... only to find that the test was faulty afterwards

hated to say all this, but, if you really are trying to find the worst case...

if you want a worse RU situation, one of the players gets diagnosed with the virus, the team has to cancel out of the tourney....... only to find that the test was faulty afterwards

hated to say all this, but, if you really are trying to find the worst case...
I fear something thing like this . Just last week I posted a thread asking if the team should get the vaccine . The thread was deleted

I fear something thing like this . Just last week I posted a thread asking if the team should get the vaccine . The thread was deleted

my former business partners son works for a large NY construction company who has tried to be on top of the virus situation with its employees...

the son had a positive covid test, stayed home the necessary two weeks......had a negative test after that, then another

he eventually had the antibody test done.....and guess what, no antibodies....never had the virus

so stuff can happen, and I think the testing can be faulty, it seems

Reactions: Plum Street

Do yourself a favor and rewatch our first 9 games this season. They just need to keep their heads out of their asses.

Yes . There should be some flexibility in every team getting to play in the tournament . If certain rounds or brackets need to be moved back, so be it . A team should not be eliminated due to covid

Yes . There should be some flexibility in every team getting to play in the tournament . If certain rounds or brackets need to be moved back, so be it . A team should not be eliminated due to covid

if you are talking about the big 10 tourney, there is usually little time between the final game and the NCAA selection show.

and, the way the brackets for the NCAA fall, it would again appear little wiggle room to fit, or move back games... I would think.

I would like you to be right, however, I would hate to see any team totally eliminated, if, they could somehow manage their situation.

if you are talking about the big 10 tourney, there is usually little time between the final game and the NCAA selection show.

and, the way the brackets for the NCAA fall, it would again appear little wiggle room to fit, or move back games... I would think.

I would like you to be right, however, I would hate to see any team totally eliminated, if, they could somehow manage their situation.
You’re probably right . I am just saying they should have factored in flexibility . No reason not to, except for TV $$

hey maybe we get lucky and our second round opponent gets covid and we get a win over Baylor or Gonzaga!! But seriously I would hate any team to get disqualified due to covid . They should have bubbled This whole thing

Reactions: wheezer
This has been my concern recently. We've done so well so far - let's just keep that going.
I know . I was surprised mods deleted .
I felt it didn’t belong in the general covid thread on the football board .
I am hopeful team and staff got the vaccine already.

Team would definitely not have been vaccinated though. Not eligible.
First of all, many people are getting vaccinated that are not technically eligible . Second of all, we can’t say they are not eligible as we don’t know their medical history. Third of all, they have proved to be “essential workers”, more so than teachers etc.
I am sure the powers that be at rutgers have considered all of this . Would be crazy not to . Plus , j&j has been a partner in rutgers athletics before

Do yourself a favor and rewatch our first 9 games this season. They just need to keep their heads out of their asses.

Teams want to be playing their best basketball in March, we are playing our worst...We are so much capable of playing better, but we are getting out rebounded by less physical teams and we don't have one player we can count on to give us 15/20 points. Love Pike, but he really needs to find an offensive assistant to help with this team next year, but unless we draw Indiana in Game 1, we may have seen our last win of the season, truly hope I am wrong

First of all, many people are getting vaccinated that are not technically eligible . Second of all, we can’t say they are not eligible as we don’t know their medical history. Third of all, they have proved to be “essential workers”, more so than teachers etc.
I am sure the powers that be at rutgers have considered all of this . Would be crazy not to . Plus , j&j has been a partner in rutgers athletics before
First, you suggested they “jump the line.” Bad take.

Second, you said they should just “keep it quiet.” Even if “watergating it” was even remotely possible, it’s still wrong and a bad take.

Third, they are “essential workers”, more so than teachers trying to educate our children through this pandemic? Wow.

First, you suggested they “jump the line.” Bad take.

Second, you said they should just “keep it quiet.” Even if “watergating it” was even remotely possible, it’s still wrong and a bad take.

Third, they are “essential workers”, more so than teachers trying to educate our children through this pandemic? Wow.
Team worked too hard to get eliminated by covid 2 years in a row. Any fan disagree with that ? If so, wow and not true fan

ADVERTISEMENT