• Feb. 14 Nebraska - Win
  • Feb. 18 at Wisconsin - Loss
  • Feb. 23 Michigan - Win
  • Feb. 26 at Penn State - Win
  • March 2 at Minnesota - Win
  • March 5 Northwestern - Win
24W - 7L (13 - 7 in conference play)
I will sign up for this

It shows on average we are behind in games the majority of the game we are behind. It shows how good we are in the latter minutes of games.....probably says something bout our home court advantage (which will be there this year)

Did a little digging.....looking at 24 games against real compeittion.....how many games were 2 possession games at the 2 minutes mark?

12 of 24 were 2 possession games. we were 7-5 in those games.
We were ahead by more than 2 possessions 6 times and behind by 2 possessions 6 times.
Now we are 0-3 in those 2 possession games....all were really 1 possession games. Yes we should be 1-2.

I had 9-2 and we were a game behind that.. but ironically the team is better than I expected. Also, lol:
Nailed the OOC record. Whyd we lose miami? Couldnt D them at the end. Spencer was put on ice skates and had a trey nailed in his face.

Team D is good as always but when we need a stop against a team with good athletes in the back court were in trouble. What was your overall record prediction?

Nailed the OOC record. Whyd we lose miami? Couldnt D them at the end. Spencer was put on ice skates and had a trey nailed in his face.

Team D is good as always but when we need a stop against a team with good athletes in the back court were in trouble.
We’re third in adjusted defensive efficiency. In the country.
What was your overall record prediction?
18-13 but I would predict better now.

Team D is good as always but when we need a stop against a team with good athletes in the back court were in trouble. What was your overall record prediction?
It was bc Paul didn't play. You were right solely based on an injury. Nothing to brag about

Just to point out - even if you turn out to be right, you already contradicted yourself on the point you keep driving home about the takent of Pike’s first team. You predict 8 conference wins this year. That team only won 3.

It was bc Paul didn't play. You were right solely based on an injury. Nothing to brag about
Lol read my prediction pop. Its sports, injuries happen.

We’ll see how the season plays out

Just to point out - even if you turn out to be right, you already contradicted yourself on the point you keep driving home about the takent of Pike’s first team. You predict 8 conference wins this year. That team only won 3.
The league was significantly better that year imo. Roster pre spencer was very close talent wise to year 1 roster. You can disagree that's fine.

Also year 7 of defensive system vs year 1.

But lets see how the season plays out, i root to be wrong on my 8-12 b1g record

66-72 vs Temple w/out Caleb & Paul, started backcourt that played 3 total games each in our system, Derek & Cam, went down big 1st half.
61-68 @ Miami w/out Paul
66-67 @ Ohio St, Thurs stolen win
43-45 vs Seton Hall, Sun game, not enough time passed to recover mentally from the Ohio St game

We aren't far off from being undefeated in November and December. I think we will make up for most of those losses in the B1G schedule competing for the B1G title this year.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
66-72 vs Temple w/out Caleb & Paul, started backcourt that played 3 total games each in our system, Derek & Cam, went down big 1st half.
61-68 @ Miami w/out Paul
66-67 @ Ohio St, Thurs stolen win
43-45 vs Seton Hall, Sun game, not enough time passed to recover mentally from the Ohio St game

We aren't far off from being undefeated in November and December. I think we will make up for most of those losses in the B1G schedule competing for the B1G title this year.
I think they will do very well in the big ten schedule. I would put them at 12-8 most likely, which easily gets them into the tournament.

7-0 vs Columbia, SH, (Nov12)UML, Rider, (Nov26)CCSU, Coppin St, Bucknell

(Nov18)N Temple- vs Wagner, vs Nova, (Nov15)vs Vandy, N RU, N SJU, I think Temple is a win given the rest factor but Nova, Vandy can lead to a motivated Temple team for the game pending the results.

(Nov30)@Miami- N Prov, St. Fran(NY), (Nov27)@UCF, vs RU, @Louisville
**Dec 3 vs Indiana- vs Little Rock, Jackson St, vs UNC, @RU, vs Neb
**Dec 8 @Ohio St- N San Diego St, @Duke, vs St Fran(Pa), vs RU, N UNC
(Dec11)vs SHU- N Memphis, @Kansas, (Dec7)Lincoln Pa, @RU, Drexel
(Dec17)vs Wake- @ Clemson, N LSU, (Dec14)vs App St, @RU, vs Duke

The only non conference games to worry about is Miami and Seton Hall the way the schedule shakes out. Interesting, Indiana plays UNC before us and Ohio St plays UNC after us. November and December should be at worst 10-3(1-1), at best 11-2(1-1).

Jan to March, @Purdue, @Mich St. @Iowa, @Illinois are the toughest games on the schedule, I will not count @ Indiana. Don't care about preseason rankings nonsense. Home to Penn St Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern are considered the easiest. If we go 4-0 easy and 1-3 in those 8 games, puts us at 5-3.

Other 10 games, vs Md, vs Iowa, @NW, vs Ohio St, vs Mich St., @Indiana, @Wisconsin, Vs Michigan, @Penn St, @Minnesota. I could see us going 4-1 at home, 2 out of 3 @NW, @Penn St, @Minn, and 1-1 @Ind & @Wisc for 3-2, for 7-3. (12-6)

I think everything gels and falls right for a special year
10-1 OOC, 13-7 B1G
23-8 regular season.
I got close if we didn't start the year without Caleb, than Paul, and a Mawot Mag injury later derailing my preseason Prediction. Losing to Temple, Miami and Seton Hall was unexpected, thought at worst 2 losses not all three. Ohio St win should've been the makeup for Temple loss. .We did go 1-3 vs the toughest 4 road games, I don't think we lose to Nebraska and NW with Mag healthy like my 5-3, maybe 4-4, not 3-5. Other 10, we would have finished 7-3, 6-3 until the @Minnesota game. Just bad lucks and breaks, injuries to key pieces derailed it

11-9 in B1G 8-3 OOC (19-12 overall).
"Downish" year in B1G somehow makes it still makes the schedule a grind, but then doesn't garner quite the benefit it has in past years on Selection Sunday leaving us on the bubble and puts us back in the first four.
Unfortunately close....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT