ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-INDIANA PREDICTION THREAD

Mid-40s, sunny to start.. not much wind.. good football weather.

We need to find more offense. I know we all liked the defense.. and while the offense was 10X the last few seasons expectations.. that doesn't say much.

I think the D gets er done again.. 20-17 Rutgers

Exactly, this game needs to be played below 21 points for Rutgers to win. I don't believe we have a deep threat, quick strike offense down field. 21+ points only if we get a Defensive or Special Teams score, I think.

I liked what I saw from Gleeson but he needs to figure that downfield issue out sooner than later. Too much sideline to sideline in the second half. I would have liked to see some long throws on third and long just to open things up. MSU was crowding the line of scrimmage. I'm confident he will.

Just took a quick look at the history between the two teams particularly over the last 4 years which were all RU losses. I realize that the home field advantage cuts down by no crowd but I saw an interesting trend.
The two losses in Bloomington were by a combined 76-0.
However as bad as we were with Ash, the two losses at home were by one score: 33-27 and 24-17. Our teams those two years were 2-10 and 1-11. If this is any indication we have a pretty good shot Saturday.

Last edited:
Both teams are coming off winning, but flawed performances. This game will be much cleaner. IU is better than MSU and will be more prepared than MSU and will not shoot themselves in the foot like MSU. Rutgers hangs in for a while, but the better team wins. A full house and a big welcome for Coach Schiano would have allowed me to flip this prediction, but if my sister had cajones...

IU 31
Rutgers 21

Indiana fan here. I’m scared for this game. I don’t think you guys will get the benefit of us overlooking you guys, but I think you’re good enough to beat us anyways. My heart just can’t think about the possibility of IU losing this game, but IUFB has hurt me so, so many times.

IU 27
Rutgers 21
We're Rutgers fans. We know all about getting hurt by our favorite football team.

Both teams are coming off winning, but flawed performances. This game will be much cleaner. IU is better than MSU and will be more prepared than MSU and will not shoot themselves in the foot like MSU. Rutgers hangs in for a while, but the better team wins. A full house and a big welcome for Coach Schiano would have allowed me to flip this prediction, but if my sister had cajones...

IU 31
Rutgers 21
The way our defense played I don’t see us giving up 31 points to Indiana who is a one-trick pony with their QB who had 1 good drive all game ... put the pressure on and I like our odds

IND has a much better coaching than MSU and a strong running game with a much better DL than MSU as well. Let's hope we keep it close but I see a 28-17 IND, hope I'm wrong!

The MSU win was so big for our program. Let’s not get crazy here, we are in a rebuild and now have the correct coaching staff in place and continue to add to our talent level. I hope RU wins, but want a good effort again and goodbye to the blowout losses of the past 5 years. If they play hard and smart (which I expect) I will be happy with any outcome.

Reactions: ru66
IND has a much better coaching than MSU and a strong running game with a much better DL than MSU as well.
26 car. for 41 yds.(1.6 yd. per) is not a strong running game. And if you say well it's psu's defense, last year Rutgers dogsh*t squad rushed for 184 yds. on 44 car. for 4.2 yds. per.

Last edited:
My prediction is RU winning 24-16. We bend but dont break on D, giving up 3 FG's and a TD. Looks to me like their strength is running the ball and letting the QB create plays with his feet. Our run D is stout and if we can stay disciplined enough to keep the QB from running wild on us we come out on the good side

Indiana fan here. I’m scared for this game. I don’t think you guys will get the benefit of us overlooking you guys, but I think you’re good enough to beat us anyways. My heart just can’t think about the possibility of IU losing this game, but IUFB has hurt me so, so many times.

IU 27
Rutgers 21

Not as much as RU FB has hurts us brother. 💕

I am shocked with the high amount of points predicted for both teams. We had a lot of short fields that helped us and Indiana had about 130 yards before a PSU’s prevent defense and overtime yards. If PSU didn’t screw up and score, Indiana would have been outgained 400+ yards to about 130.

RU 23
Indiana 20

yes, what I am hoping is that Indiana is getting too much respect on the offensive side, and not nearly as good as being assumed

....I did not watch their game, but they did not move the ball well against PSU.... still everyone assumes that we will not be able to stop them, with their qb and stud receiver.

Greg has to find ways to rattle the qb, and even the arm chair coaches on this board see a weakness around the edge that may help us all game long, on passing plays.....

if we can disrupt, we can win.

I like how the IU fan says how much they’ve been hurt and disappointed!
Sir, may I direct you to the RU history books...therein you will find the very definition of hurt and disappointed!

historically speaking, you CANNOT out suck us! 😉😎

Reactions: Kbee3 and RUScrew85
Steve Scott is a stud in addition to QB Penix.
The Defense needs to step up big.

Steve Scott is a stud in addition to QB Penix.
The Defense needs to step up big.
Hoping RU goes for establishing a running game, mostly with Pacheco.
And that Turner and the D-line plays like they did against Sparty.
And RU keeps getting the turnovers...and maybe a blocked kick.

Indiana looks lagit. They have a great pass rush, dynamic receivers and a good QB, and a good runner with a good offensive line. Rutgers secondary is a bit slow, we saw how MSU was able to complete passes with turnovers bailing us out. Indiana has a ball hawking defense too, we saw them get a couple of turn overs and interceptions. Our QB may be prone to take some chances when passing which could be trouble. So it does not look good. The thing is, everything this year is backwards. It would be weird for Rutgers to lose if we are living in an inverse reality.
Rutgers 24 Indiana 23.

My prediction is RU winning 24-16. We bend but dont break on D, giving up 3 FG's and a TD. Looks to me like their strength is running the ball and letting the QB create plays with his feet. Our run D is stout and if we can stay disciplined enough to keep the QB from running wild on us we come out on the good side

This offense was the 2nd ranked passing offense in the Big Ten last season. Same guys return. Penix had not played in a year so he was a bit rusty.

I‘m nervous and a little scared of this game. But FTC.....RU 28 IU 24

ADVERTISEMENT