ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PURDUE PREDICTION THREAD

We can win this, but I don't like us in this one. This is Purdue's last shot to push for a tourney spot, and its senior night. We have a habit of sleep walking through road games. Purdue 76 RU 71

If they use Spaulding Basketballs at Purdue we win easily.
Otherwise we take a close one.

Planets finally align. We feed off the energy of the huge Maryland win.
Game will be very close.
RU 68
Purdue66

Its a different basketball game and result when Rutgers competes on the road.
Rutgers had ample opportunities to win some road games but they always came up short except for the Nebraska game.

Purdue 67-Rutgers 62

We need to match their level of desperation and associated intensity, which will be very difficult to do in a hostile environment. As others have said, Purdue's back's are against the wall. I think we match up fairly well with them since they do not have a 5 who is effective on the perimeter. It will really depend on whether they shoot the ball well. If they do it will be a tall assignment.

Need to switch up the first half gameplan to give up some paint looks in order to seal off the 3 point line because PU with murder us from deep if we let them take open looks

Need to switch up the first half gameplan to give up some paint looks in order to seal off the 3 point line because PU with murder us from deep if we let them take open looks
Looked at the last few box scores from Purdue. They actually are shooting pretty bad from 3 all under 30% as a team recently

Looked at the last few box scores from Purdue. They actually are shooting pretty bad from 3 all under 30% as a team recently

People said that about PSU too and they went HAM in the first half behind the arc

People said that about PSU too and they went HAM in the first half behind the arc
I mean obviously it's possible. Just pointing out that havent been shooting well as of late at least and not coming in red hot. Check that indiana game. Must have been brutal to watch...

Indiana 25% overall 21 from 3
Purdue 38% overall 12% from 3

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like there are wild swings in shooting all over this league this season and not just at Rutgers

I mean obviously it's possible. Just pointing out that havent been shooting well as of late at least and not coming in red hot. Check that indiana game. Must have been brutal to watch...

Indiana 25% overall 21 from 3
Purdue 38% overall 12% from 3

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like there are wild swings in shooting all over this league this season and not just at Rutgers
That is correct. We only see our missed shots and the made shots by other teams. Just like we only see the bad ref calls against us. That’s human nature and I try really hard to be objective for all of these thugs.

Tall order for sure. Maybe we play good enough to get the win in a close one. Only seems fitting we win our first and last league road games and lose everything in between.
RU 62 Due. 59.

I like this way of thinking! Start well, end well

This. They’re a schizophrenic team, normally beatable but tough to beat when they make threes in volume, like they did against Iowa when they made 19 (!) threes. Gotta defend them at the arc and let them try to beat us from the paint and from the FT line. If we do that and play our normal game, we win. RU 73-69 in OT.
Got the overtime right, almost nailed the score.

ADVERTISEMENT