ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PURDUE PREDICTION THREAD

Jeff Brohm slaps Brian around a few times and wills his team to victory to avenge the 2006 Louisville loss. The game is a higher scoring affair with the differential being < than 10 points. Bob Diaco decides to resurrect the Civil ConnFLict trophic from his closet and come up with a new contrived Purdue-Rutgers rivalry.

As the Purdue-Minnesota game illustrated perfectly, neither of those teams play any defense to speak of. So, much like our affair with Michigan, we can - and will need to - score points to keep up. The only difference is that our D will need to show up. If they do:

RU - 38
PU - 21

If they don't, expect this to go to triple-overtime:

RU - 50
PU - 48 (they miss the 2-point conversion)

Reactions: MadRU
If Gleeson can commit to the run in a big way we can win this game. If he tries to get in a scoring contest I think we lose.

RU 24
PU 21

Our Secondary will need to play its best game of the year for us to win.
Bell { 6 TDs and #3 leading WR in the B1G } and Moore are the best WR duo we will see this season.
Young, White, Avery, Izien all need huge efforts.
RU 31 Boilermakers 28

With Notre Dame playing yesterday (and winning, which will put lots of NJ fans in a great mood) and Clemson/Alabama/PSU playing a bit earlier, the Jersey spotlight will be on Rutgers for a solid half hour (6:45-7:30 window).

Need a big effort late! I’m calling it for RU! 30-28.
Go Coach Greg! Go Knights!

Rutgers is going to get smoked today. Smith's defenses make QB's look like Heisman trophy contenders. McNamara and Pennix look like absolute sh*t today.

PU 42
RU 28

Last edited:
It’s funny reading this thread as a Purdue grad...

I think that Nebraska objectively has a worse team than Rutgers (if Iowa had Nate Stanley yesterday they win by 30)

but next week, the score predictions by Nebraska fans will be reverse from what you guys predicted lol

aww.. I came to check my prediction and did not see it.. in another thread I said we need to outscore em in a shootout.. so figure something like 44-40 Ru (I post this at 34-30 Ru)

Cant believe i didnt post my pick. I was saying 34-30 rutgers all week.

ADVERTISEMENT