ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-SAINT JOHN'S PREDICTION THREAD

We are underdogs in this game for a reason. Reality sets in that we lack a true PG and have lots of work to do on D.

SJU 78 - RU 66

Last edited:
I haven't been to a game in a while. Is there a real chance of 7k at the RAC or is this board infected with crack heads?

I am going lower on scoring.

Rutgers 67
St. John's 63

I see both teams cold at the start of the game.

In the end end our crown and Chris Mullin has me picking Rutgers.

Reactions: RutgersDom
catching SJU the third game of the season is alot better than later in December or January. This is the time to play them. Their ceiling is much higher this year than RU's

I am going lower on scoring.

Rutgers 67
St. John's 63

I see both teams cold at the start of the game.

In the end end our crown and Chris Mullin has me picking Rutgers.
I'd be shocked if this is a low scoring game. Neither team matches up well on defense.

I mashed the over (144.5) and Rutgers team over (71)

Rutgers 2 games have had 74 and 76 possessions and St. John's 79 and 77. I'll bet that number ends up 70 as both teams won't find it as easy to get quality shots up. I am going under the theory that both teams might be mildly tight and shots won't fall early.

Could be looking at a halftime score of
SJU 32
RU 29

If I were a betting man I am more confident in the under than to pick a winner.

Rutgers 2 games have had 74 and 76 possessions and St. John's 79 and 77. I'll bet that number ends up 70 as both teams won't find it as easy to get quality shots up. I am going under the theory that both teams might be mildly tight and shots won't fall early.

Could be looking at a halftime score of
SJU 32
RU 29

If I were a betting man I am more confident in the under than to pick a winner.
Funny I am more confident in the over than picking a winner, but I do think there is a chance we lay a beat down if the young kids are propelled by the big game and crowd and not intimidated by it.

Over is climbing. Smart money on the over ;)

Wow, i think this stinker of a football season is getting to everyone and we might all be a bit delusional now about hoops. RU keeps it close but SJ has too much talent (unless Pike coaches a masterpiece). SJ 78 RU 74

We have prob not hit 85 pts vs a top 100 team in the past five years

We are #1 on 3PM% so far this year too. Comically implausible watching this team shoot the past X years. Hopefully we stay hot tonight...

St John's is ranked 300th in 3 point defense and start a 5 at 6'7. They will not be able to stop our offense. At all. We have 4 coaches better than Mullen and that will show in a B1G way. Since SJU will not be able to defend Rutgers they will try to push the pace leading to a high scoring affair.

I've predicted blow outs in the first two games when people insisted it would be tough... it wasn't. Now this thread people are still not buying in. Stuck in the past of Rutgers losing ways. If we get this win, the hype train will explode. Instead of holding off to see what happens this game, I'm going to say we stomp them tonight. If you have seen the first two games there is no reason to think we don't get this win. The Big Least stinks now. We beat them last year and we weren't any good.

Myles will dominate this game in the post scoring rebounding and dishing. Their bigs will pick up fouls getting us into their shallow bench and into the penalty. Geo Thiam EO Kiss Harper Mathis will get their 3's. We absolutely dominate the boards on both ends. Block a bunch of shots. Our length will bother Ponds and Heron enough to throw them slightly off their game and a few blocks at the rim get them frustrated which compounds when EO draws a charge or two. The ball movement we showed so far this season will continue as our permanent style of play for the season. Get out in transition and break pressure leading to open 3's and lob dunks. It's going to be a party like atmosphere at the RAC

Rutgers 83
SJU 71

#GardenStatement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT