ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-WISCONSIN PREDICTION THREAD

I officially have no idea. I believe the potential is there for us to win. But until I see if we've addressed the things that plagued us in the past two games, I have no way to form a reasonable guess about the outcome.

The players need to have point-by-point focus and intensity and forget about good/bad calls by refs or other distractions. And hopefully we've worked on a few simple ways to break down the high defenses we're likely to see. If those two things happen, I like our chances. If not, we're gonna lose.

I was hopeful that we'd bounce back against OSU after the MSU debacle, but it was not to be. Teams have figured out how to defend us, and with Wisconsin having the 8th most efficient defense in the country (according to KenPom), I don't see the negative trend changing.

Wisconsin 79
Rutgers 68

Both teams want to forget the last game.The problem for Rutgers poor performances have lasted for multiple games.

Wisconsin 72 Rutgers 67

For some reason we have owned them at the RAC, going with that again.

Wisconsin 75
Rutgers 61

The last two games were the least prepared I have seen Pike’s teams in successive games since he’s been here. At some point, the trend will break, (hopefully tomorrow) but until then there is reason to expect more of the same.

Rutgers matches up well vs Wisconsin.
Rutgers is 3-5(3-1 at home, 0-4 road) since joining B1G, W5, L7, W4, W7, last 2 R. losses 5&8.
We bounce back and get healthy.

Rutgers 74
Wisconsin 68

Reactions: Scangg
Rutgers wins by 2. At one point we are up 10, and also down by 10. Message board is exhausted from the emotional ride. We shoot 60 percent from the line.

Sometimes it's about the other team, too. For all the doom and gloom on our side, Wisconsin was just outscored 51-9 over a 20 minute stretch and was down 69-29 midway through the 2nd half. Every complaint about us re: lack of aggression, hustle, shooting woes is being echoed on the other side.

I think the rest will do us good, especially with Wisconsin having played Tuesday. With a healthier Geo, JY and RH, Caleb more comfortable, and hopefully CO back, too, we get back to being one of the league's better teams.

I think we win a close game going away, 71-63.

Reactions: zebnatto
Rutgers matches up well vs Wisconsin.
Rutgers is 3-5(3-1 at home, 0-4 road) since joining B1G, W5, L7, W4, W7, last 2 R. losses 5&8.
We bounce back and get healthy.

Rutgers 74
Wisconsin 68

I'm not so sure we "match up well" with Wisky.

With Cliff out, we're basically a "small" team now, with one center (Myles or Reiber or Duke) and four guards/wings. Wisconsin, on the other hand, has lots of real size and will typically have TWO of these guys on the floor at all times:
  • 6-10 Micah Potter
  • 6-11 Nate Reuvers
  • 6-8 Aleem Ford
  • 6-9 Tyler Wahl
All of these guys are in their regular rotation. So if we get into a grind-it-out half court game, we're going to have a hard time getting points in the paint, and we're at risk (yet again) of getting murdered on the boards.

Wisky likes to slow things down, so we need to push the tempo and make this a free for all. We're not going to win a half-court game, unless we just get ridiculously hot from 3-pt range.

Reactions: YoucancallmeRay

With Cliff out, we're basically a "small" team now, with one center (Myles or Reiber or Duke) and four guards/wings. Wisconsin, on the other hand, has lots of real size and will typically have TWO of these guys on the floor at all times:
  • 6-10 Micah Potter
  • 6-11 Nate Reuvers
  • 6-8 Aleem Ford
  • 6-9 Tyler Wahl
All of these guys are in their regular rotation. So if we get into a grind-it-out half court game, we're going to have a hard time getting points in the paint, and we're at risk (yet again) of getting murdered on the boards.

Wisky likes to slow things down, so we need to push the tempo and make this a free for all. We're not going to win a half-court game, unless we just get ridiculously hot from 3-pt range.

No way Wahl is 6'9", but you are correct with Potter and Reuvers being a problem.....
Wahl is maybe 6'5"

Best of Luck,
Groz

Sometimes it's about the other team, too. For all the doom and gloom on our side, Wisconsin was just outscored 51-9 over a 20 minute stretch and was down 69-29 midway through the 2nd half. Every complaint about us re: lack of aggression, hustle, shooting woes is being echoed on the other side.

I think the rest will do us good, especially with Wisconsin having played Tuesday. With a healthier Geo, JY and RH, Caleb more comfortable, and hopefully CO back, too, we get back to being one of the league's better teams.

I think we win a close game going away, 71-63.

The problem with that is that the other team on the 51-9 run was Michigan...and right now I think Michigan would blow our doors off.
This is one of those games that I believe we lose but would win if we had fans at the RAC.

Just as the Rutgers faithful go to unrealistic extremes when the team is clicking on all cylinders, it is the same when none of the cylinders are clicking. I think Rutgers wins by 7 points. 70-63.

No way Wahl is 6'9", but you are correct with Potter and Reuvers being a problem.....
Wahl is maybe 6'5"

Best of Luck,
Groz

I can only go based on what their roster says, and it says 6-9 for Wahl. I know most official heights are exaggerated by an inch or so, but FOUR INCHES?

Reactions: Local Shill
I have not been impressed with our defense or rebounding all season. Until those things are fixed, we will struggle to win games. IMO this team does not have the toughness or heart of last years team. A veteran Wisconsin team coming off a brutal loss is going to out smart and out tough us.
Wisky 75
RU 69

• 6-10 Micah Potter
  • 6-11 Nate Reuvers
  • 6-8 Aleem Ford
  • 6-9 Tyler Wahl

Wisconsin is a different kind of size compared to OSU or MSU. Wisconsin can play inside the paint but they are more of a jump shooting team which plays into how we defend like Iowa and Purdue, where as OSU and MSU pounds the paint and rebounds, and doesn't shoot well from the outside. I think the time off got us rest, healthy, mentally and physically, and you will see the difference tonight. We are still shooting 37% from 3 despite the last 2 games.

ADVERTISEMENT