ADVERTISEMENT

The red FOOTBALL label at the front of some threads... how?

Sep 11, 2006
The red FOOTBALL label at the front of some threads... how does that work?

I noticed you can click on that TAG in a thread title and all threads NOT so-tagged disappear.. nice easy filter for those offended by OT threads.. but how does that tag get put on a thread?

I think it's a mod thing.
Nah.

This thread is by Joey Bacala. Not a mod.

Two threads by S.WA.I.N. on Pacheco and Melton are tagged, and he's not a mod.

The mod who merges and closes threads doesn't tag my threads on similar topics on Fatuskasi and Maddox Williams as UDFA. Or maybe it's @Richard Schnyderite who tags them. Seems kind of random.

When you start a new thread there is a field at the bottom called Tags. If you type Football in there, I bet that's how it works.

Nah.

This thread is by Joey Bacala. Not a mod.

Two threads by S.WA.I.N. on Pacheco and Melton are tagged, and he's not a mod.

The mod who merges and closes threads doesn't tag my threads on similar topics on Fatuskasi and Maddox Williams as UDFA. Or maybe it's @Richard Schnyderite who tags them. Seems kind of random.
I didn’t do it…it was the mods who added to my original post. They do that if you’re awesome like me. So..nah.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
It seems all of the original posts in those threads have a Rivals link in them.

Maybe that's it?

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
The red FOOTBALL label at the front of some threads... how does that work?

I noticed you can click on that TAG in a thread title and all threads NOT so-tagged disappear.. nice easy filter for those offended by OT threads.. but how does that tag get put on a thread?
It’s a mod thing and we add it sometimes to threads in order to differentiate the posts with notable news.

It’s a mod thing and we add it sometimes to threads in order to differentiate the posts with notable news.
Perhaps there is a way for people creating FOOTBALL threads to give mods a heads up and make it easier for them to spot FOOTBALL threads. We've come to use OT to title an OT thread. Maybe there's an easy way like "TEAM" if you are specifically discussing players, coaches etc and not a more general football topic.

In any case, I like the red FOOTBALL thing. They stand out. Example: when looking to see who got drafted where (really because I had read something about Fatukasi and wanted to see if that news was shared), I immediately noticed the red football tagged announcement threads.. but none for Fatukasi.. though there was one for "O3" without a label at that time.

Useful stuff. It works.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT