ADVERTISEMENT

The roads are fine, no excuse for not making it tonight

i live in hoboken and I’m working in Somerset this morning. Usually would take me about 45 minutes, took me 55 this morning. Suns coming out plows are out, roads will be summer time fine by the afternoon

There are a lot of times where I do not see eye to eye with KYK's opinion although always value his loyalty & thoughts/contributions to the boards but I echo this 1000x. I live in Randolph/Roxbury work in Bridgewater & it maybe took me 5-10 extra minutes today with the slush & such on 206. Plows were out clearing throughout the drive & as you hit Bridgewater mostly just wet roads.

PACK THE RAC! Will be there.

The weather last night will have a negative effect on attendance.

People had miserably long commutes home yesterday

Don't get pissed off later when you see more empty seats than expected

Just enjoy the game and get loud

True. The rough commute yesterday may affect people who just don't want to make another drive. Even though tonight is likely to be just a normal Friday night commute, that normal commute on top of yesterday's bad commute could dissuade a bunch of people who would have otherwise attended.

I hate the fact that we’re basically setting up expectations of the fans just incase they don’t show up to say how the fan base needs to do a better job, or that it’s only the weathers fault it’s not a sellout, Etc.

Granted I’m in PA on the N.J. border, but given today’s forecast which has remained steady the last few days there was no chance there would be a *direct impact on getting to the game tonight.

The weather last night will have a negative effect on attendance.

People had miserably long commutes home yesterday

Don't get pissed off later when you see more empty seats than expected

Just enjoy the game and get loud

True. The rough commute yesterday may affect people who just don't want to make another drive. Even though tonight is likely to be just a normal Friday night commute, that normal commute on top of yesterday's bad commute could dissuade a bunch of people who would have otherwise attended.

This is my thinking as well.

People are just going to want to stay home tonight. Can’t blame them after last nights mess. Oh well.

It took me 3.5 hours to go 12 miles yesterday and I was an hour plus late to pick up my kid from daycare. I will be getting blind drunk on my couch and watching the game (I also had not bought a ticket yet as my attendance was dependent on my wife's work schedule which didn't help either)

Reactions: dkostus
It took me 3.5 hours to go 12 miles yesterday and I was an hour plus late to pick up my kid from daycare. I will be getting blind drunk on my couch and watching the game (I also had not bought a ticket yet as my attendance was dependent on my wife's work schedule which didn't help either)
Dont get blind drunk... get just drunk enough that you can still perceive the win on TV.

No no no you get blind drunk for the football games. You want to still be able to see the basketball games

Getting 'blind drunk' or even getting drunk was never a goal that I looked forward to during all my adult years.

Over the years I've driven to Princeton and even Philly in snow storms to watch our away basketball games.
I couldn't even count the number of times I was at the RAC during snow storms worse than yesterday.
If I was 20 years younger and the game was last night I probably would have found a way to get to the game
on time. Baring a major disaster I will be at the game tonight.

i'm betting the ride this friday nite is much much better than last friday nite--that was a shyt show with the rain

it will effect attendance because yesterday caused people stress...also remember there is a football game at noon tomorrow...so those stressed out and perhaps hitting the game tomorrow may find it easier to skip tonights game

I hate the constant comparisons between Ash and Pike, but if I have a choice this weekend between watching the basketball team continue progress with a potential win over a Kenpom top-50 St. Johns, or watching as Rutgers football loses to a team we absolutely despise... I'm going to the basketball game 100 times out of 100

I think the attendance will be fine for tonight....maybe 5% of the on the fence people will gauge things based on yesterday's debacle on the roads and trains.

If you can pack rain gear and stuff for the elements of an outdoor game, you can make it for 2 hours of basketball, indoors where you're comfortable.

Tonight will be 1 of many steps over the next 2 years the program has to go through as a learning curve. Once St Johns is over, then it's road games vs Miami, home for Michigan State with a 6PM start then Wisconsin, Fordham and Seton Hall on the road.....then Maryland and Ohio State starting the year at home.

Milestones are littered throughout the schedule for fans to show up for. This is just step 1 of many for us to make it "The RAC".

I think the attendance will be fine for tonight....maybe 5% of the on the fence people will gauge things based on yesterday's debacle on the roads and trains.

If you can pack rain gear and stuff for the elements of an outdoor game, you can make it for 2 hours of basketball, indoors where you're comfortable.

Tonight will be 1 of many steps over the next 2 years the program has to go through as a learning curve. Once St Johns is over, then it's road games vs Miami, home for Michigan State with a 6PM start then Wisconsin, Fordham and Seton Hall on the road.....then Maryland and Ohio State starting the year at home.

Milestones are littered throughout the schedule for fans to show up for. This is just step 1 of many for us to make it "The RAC".
Im actually at the RAC already haha. No point in me finishing up work at in Somerset at 1 and driving back to Hoboken. If anyones around, would love to grab some beers because I got time to kill

Reactions: Scangg and dkostus
Im actually at the RAC already haha. No point in me finishing up work at in Somerset at 1 and driving back to Hoboken. If anyones around, would love to grab some beers because I got time to kill

I know they say “Be early. Be loud.” But I think you may have taken it a bit too far!

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
I know they say “Be early. Be loud.” But I think you may have taken it a bit too far!
My only problem is parking. Theyre obviously not charging for parking yet and I dont wanna get a ticket so I’m basically guarding my car haha

Unless it took you 5 hours and 45 minutes to get home yesterday, (my Friend from her office in Rutherford back to Hoboken), about 7 miles, not going tonight IF you were already planning on doing so is flat-out lame IMHO.

Be proud, be loud, GO RU!!

True fan kyk. Get it started. I remember seeing some absurd posts claiming kyk wasn't even a Rutgers fan. Absolutely ridiculous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT