ADVERTISEMENT

The South - 8, The North - 6

Who holds the North?!

Tough to say. In the Fight for Central Jersey, and all that comes with it, there have been some major victories on both sides.

People don't talk about it much, but there was a skirmish in Timber Creek that was won very early. The South winning the first battle - who would have thought that? Nobody saw it coming, but that victory will go down as very important.

After that, battles were won on both sides with key northern victories at Caven's Point and Holmdel. Without those wins, things could have gotten out of hand.

The South still has the upper hand and could cruise to a victory, but a few remaining northern battles could swing the whole war. As a northerner myself, I pray for a comeback.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Perth Amboy Bridge divides North Jersey from Central Jersey, and the Manasquan River divides Central Jersey from South Jersey, in my opinion.

After going thru 3 tiebreakers once again it comes down to Pork Roll or TAYLOR HAM. Seems to be the ultimate dividing line, every time.

Isn't Newark and every place north just part of New York ?

North East yes, north west can pretty suburban and even rural.

Best thing NJ could do it is merge Newark to Jersey City/Hoboken into a city called New Jersey City. Combining 5 counties would make a million person sister city to NYC.

Last edited:
North East yes, north west can pretty suburban and even rural.

Best thing NJ could do it is merge Newark to Jersey City/Hoboken into a city called New Jersey City. Combining 5 counties would make a million person sister city to NYC.

So combining Essex (783k), Union (536k), Hudson (634k) counties would give you a city with 1.473 million people over 273square miles.

This would rank as the 7th largest city in the US between Phoenix (1.537m, 517square miles) and San Antonio (1.436m, 460 square miles).

By density

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_New_Jersey

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

ADVERTISEMENT