ADVERTISEMENT

The strange substitution patterns

I think the substitution patterns have more to do with certain players stamina at this time than their play--it makes sense to assume some are experiencing what many RU students have been catching lately--short lived "colds ?" that leave you tired--its all over down there

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Some people have a childlike fascination with substitutions. It’s very interesting.
That's an interesting observation. Which gave me pause for thought.

It actually strikes me as a very good thing to have a childlike fascination with stuff. When we're children, we have this amazing relationship with the world where it's so fresh and exciting, right? We haven't filled ourselves up with preconceptions and biases and so forth.

While I think having childlike emotional responses is problematic, especially for adults, the capacity to push aside prior experiences and see stuff anew seems like it can be really great, at least insofar as entertainment is concerned.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I actually said to someone "Pike needs to put Miller in" just before he did, and then said "Ah shit take him out" just before he did lol. No joke.
I believe you. But you still can't have a chunk of Pike's salary. Sorry. 😃

That's an interesting observation. Which gave me pause for thought.

It actually strikes me as a very good thing to have a childlike fascination with stuff. When we're children, we have this amazing relationship with the world where it's so fresh and exciting, right? We haven't filled ourselves up with preconceptions and biases and so forth.

While I think having childlike emotional responses is problematic, especially for adults, the capacity to push aside prior experiences and see stuff anew seems like it can be really great, at least insofar as entertainment is concerned.
Oh yeah. It was a compliment

We won big over what, a 13-6 team, and yet our posters think they could have coached the team better.

The hubris on this board is over the top. Everyone knows better than the multi-million dollar winning coach.
It's not just this board, I think it's pretty much universal across most sports fan bases.

But yeah, for sure it's a laughably illogical mindset.

The only thing I've really had any gripe about this season with regard to substitutions is that we sometimes get caught mid-to-late first half with just 2 starters on the floor, and the other team starts making a run... and we'll have three guys sitting by the scorer's table waiting to get in, but there aren't stoppages and we don't want to burn a timeout.

I know Pike's trying to steal a couple of minutes rest for the starters so they can close out the half strong - but hate it when we get stuck with an oddball lineup on the floor for an extended stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT