ADVERTISEMENT

The true sign of improvement will be beating the vegas spread in year 3

kennyschiano

All Conference
Gold Member
May 12, 2005
if i remember correctly, in schiano's third year, we were something like 11-0 against the vegas spread. we were 5-7 overall. it will not necessarily be about a winning record in year 3 as i think it will take 4-5 years, like it did schiano. competitiveness will be the goal in year 3.

Yes!!!

My goal in life is to suck slightly less than some degenerate gambler sleeping in the sports book of the Flamingo thinks about Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

We are not going to worry about actually winning games against MAC,or Power Five schools..just covering the spread of say 38pt underdogs?
Got Ya!!

I would say that consistently beating the spread is a good indicator, when combined with a slightly improving overall W/L record, and visible improvements or at least flashes in games and in recruiting.
Schiano had all of these in year three.
Ash is beating the spread lately, and the running backs have shown flashes, but not much else.

If we had a couple wide receivers that could catch the ball then maybe all of the above could be true this season. But that is not the case.

I’d be careful with improvement and the spread as given the weather and more importantly, unlike the non league games, Michigan, Wisconsin, and even Indy, clearly took the foot off the gas.

The only game we were legitimately competitive was Northwestern.

Last edited:
Doctor to Doctor: " Is your patient showing improvement? Well we did cure the disease,BUT the Patient Died".

if i remember correctly, in schiano's third year, we were something like 11-0 against the vegas spread. we were 5-7 overall. it will not necessarily be about a winning record in year 3 as i think it will take 4-5 years, like it did schiano. competitiveness will be the goal in year 3.

Hi Kenny — Say hi to your uncle for me.

Tell him we miss him.

We don't see kenny posting much any more. He had a lot of cringe-worthy posts when viewed through the the thread necromancy lens.

Reactions: RUaMoose
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT