ADVERTISEMENT

The Wisconsin game scoring drought

biazza38

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
When we played Wisconsin earlier in the season it was 40-38 with 15:22 left in the game. Wisconsin proceeded to go 8 minutes without a field, only hitting 2 free throws, but we we were only able to score 6 points during the time span. When Wisco’s scoring drought was over, it was 44 all. We, however were in the middle of our own scoring drought. We scored 6 points in a 12 minute span during the second half. How is that possible? We’ve seen this too much this year. There was a post during our little winning streak questioning whether or not a guy like Corey Sanders would fit well with this roster. That’s laughable. Someone in this team better mature from the end of this season to the start of next. They also need to hop of social media. The digs at EO from Ron and Geo were funny at first. But maybe the team should focus more in the gym than on social media. This team’s shooting has been improbably bad.

I think your post proves that all teams go through a scoring drought not just us. We did the same thing against michiga, northwestern and maryand. what you are asking is for other teams to go on doughts and rutgers to never go on a drought. dont you think that is a little much?

I think your post proves that all teams go through a scoring drought not just us. We did the same thing against michiga, northwestern and maryand. what you are asking is for other teams to go on doughts and rutgers to never go on a drought. dont you think that is a little much?
The number of scoring droughts we’ve had this year is quite embarrassing. Even the Michigan game, Umich went on a very long scoring drought. However, we only cut the deficit from 17 to 13. This has to stop. We were up 20 on NW in the first half, only to be up 5 at the half. Only scoring 45 against MSU in game 1. The PSU game was abysmal. Only 20 first half points last night. How times does this have to happen? And that’s just off the top of my head

Scoring drought is a symptom. You can't just say "we can't go through these draughts".

Now the cause of said draughts .. thats where the debate begins and unfortunately doesnt end because its not an easy answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT