ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball *****THEKNIGHTREPORT TOURNAMENT BRACKET CHALLENGE*****

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Here is the link to our group on Yahoo!

You do not need a Yahoo! ID to do this. I signed in with my Google account. I believe you will need one or the other, but maybe not. Anyway, go to that link and go through the signup process. YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH YOUR TKR SCREEN NAME AS YOUR BRACKET NAME (for example, my bracket is named Richie Schnyderite's Bracket). IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS I WILL HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY WHO YOU ARE FOR PRIZES AND I WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO DO SO. YOU WILL NOT WIN A PRIZE IF YOU DO NOT NAME YOUR BRACKET WITH YOUR TKR SCREEN NAME.

Our scoring system rewards upset picks. In the first round, you get a bonus equal to the seed difference between the teams (a 10 over a 7 gets you three extra points). In all rounds after the first round, you get a bonus equal to DOUBLE the seed difference (a 7 over a 2 in the 2nd round will get you 10 bonus points). The point total for a correct pick doubles in each round. So here is the complete scoring

Round 1: 1 point plus seed bonus
Round 2: 2 points plus double seed bonus
Sweet 16: 4 points plus double seed bonus
Elite Eight: 8 points plus double seed bonus
National Semifinals: 16 points plus double seed bonus
National Final: 32 points plus double seed bonus

Prizes are as follows:
1st place: Six free months
2nd place: 3 free months
3rd place: 1 free month
Last place (which actually picked every game): TKR T-Shirt!

The tiebreaker, if necessary, will be how far you picked Villanova to go. If you pick Villanova to lose in round 1, you will earn the tiebreaker over someone who picked them to lose in round 2. If you pick them to lose in round 2, you will earn the tiebreaker over someone who picked them to make the Sweet 16. Etc.

Reactions: LeapinLou
EwpQo-7XIAc8oDo

Richie - hadn't seen you already set this up. If people want to link their bracket to my pool as well, that's fine. Otherwise, this will be the place to see who on TKR reigns supreme.

ADVERTISEMENT