ADVERTISEMENT

There Go The Yankees, Ba Bye

This is why I don't like SOME Mets fans.

Unless the Mets and Yankees are playing each other, why bother talking down the team you don't like? Mets will be done soon enough, so enjoy the next couple days. LOL.
I guess you haven't visited the Mets thread to see what some of our friendly visitors have been posting. The 3rd poster down is one of our most visited friends, who has been there since the beginning,trying to do just what you said. This is why I don't like some Yankee fans.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I guess you haven't visited the Mets thread to see what some of our friendly visitors have been posting. The 3rd poster down is one of our most visited friends, who has been there since the beginning,trying to do just what you said. This is why I don't like some Yankee fans.

Actually, I did visit and made a reasonable post about BOTH teams shortcomings. You should read it, maybe you'll learn something.

Reactions: RUPete
Given that they've gone into rebuilding mode, I'm surprised they stayed in it this long. We'll see what that bodes for them next year.
I guess you haven't visited the Mets thread to see what some of our friendly visitors have been posting. The 3rd poster down is one of our most visited friends, who has been there since the beginning,trying to do just what you said.
He's got a point.

The Yankees are in the toughest division in baseball and the Mets are in the weakest. The Mets schedule is so much easier it is a joke and once again they could not beat the Yankees head to head. The Mets should make the playoffs because the National League is so much weaker. I doubt they will last very long.

Reactions: NickKnight 1

So you decided to become them?

Logical.

lol-duck.gif

The Yankees are in the toughest division in baseball and the Mets are in the weakest.
I can't stand the Mets and can't wait to see them eliminated, whether it's before the playoffs or in a humiliating sweep by the Cubs, but the NL East isn't the worst division in baseball. Not even close. The Nats are excellent, the Mets are decent, and the Marlins are one or two starting pitchers away from being a serious contender.

The mets lost their 1b, 2b, 3b, C, #1, #3 and #4 together with a few important relievers for most of the season.

This should be a completely lost season because of that. Even still, they are in position to make the playoffs. Not the most fun season, but I'll take it.

Havent you figured out that ONLY Yankee fans can make the rules and change them as the season goes along by now?

Ah the old post a thread too early only to have it backfire in the face....cant wait to bump this in a week

The Yankees got smart by realizing they had an ancient team and needed to get young and look toward the future. Something the Knicks and Nets never seem to learn.

Ah the old post a thread too early only to have it backfire in the face....cant wait to bump this in a week

Sure the odds are against the Mets winning it,and you can bring it back up,no worries. It was done in honor of all of those who just had to come and piss in a Mets thread that started in May. Check and see if I went into a Yankee thread,if you can find it, I didn't. Deal with the fact that the Yankees gave up on the season way too early. Not the players, and not Joe. Everybody else, starting with the GM, Owners and certainly the fans. Sure you got some nice looking prospects, but that's what they are, prospects. You'll have to unload some of them to rebuild the pitching and fill holes. Even the Yankee money won't fix it.When the Mets season ends, it will have still been a better year in every way over our cross town buddies.There have been more young players on the Mets to see the field than the Yankees,so I'd say the future is bright for the Mets, regardless of how the season ends. One more thing, for as arrogant as the majority of Yankee fans are when their winning, it's when their losing, that the best of their personalities come out.You were blessed with George,now like the Mets have ownership that looks at the bottom line,and winning is secondary. They'll be no more dynasty's down the road for any teams. I'll enjoy the Mets ride till it ends, with absolutely no regrets for posting this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yankees? Yankees? Who in the world are the Yankees? NOBODY
Thank goodness I don't have to hear about them any more!
The Mets? could care less about them also

Actually, I did visit and made a reasonable post about BOTH teams shortcomings. You should read it, maybe you'll learn something.
Yeah, that's the problem with that thread. Both sides suck over there and any reasonable discussion gets buried in the infantile jabs.

Yeah, that's the problem with that thread. Both sides suck over there and any reasonable discussion gets buried in the infantile jabs.
Umm, no both sides don't suck. Kbee is a douchebag and should be banned. T2Kwhatever is another one. And there is some new one that is also a Rutgers troll. All three of them are in that threat (entitled "Lets go Mets" spewing vitriol against the Mets. There were Yankee threads started, and Mets fans stayed out of them.

I tried to give the Yankees props. Im jealous they have a good hitting catcher with an arm who may have a great future. I also said that Girardi should be manager of the year if they make it to the wildcard. Hes a hell of a lot better than that white haired goof who cant complete simple sentences during his pressers.

Of course... it is what it is.

The mets lost their 1b, 2b, 3b, C, #1, #3 and #4 together with a few important relievers for most of the season.

This should be a completely lost season because of that. Even still, they are in position to make the playoffs. Not the most fun season, but I'll take it.
The Dodgers have had more injuries and players on the DL. They are doing fine.

Reactions: RutgersB1G
National league is so weak, why do the Yanks have a losing record vs National League West? I still remember Ledger writer writing that the Yanks were playing the lowly Rockies. Rockies won the two series vs the Yanks.

The Dodgers have had more injuries and players on the DL. They are doing fine.

Great story, the Mets are doing fine too. They are leading the wild card chase. Even though they've had a miserable year w injuries. But the dodgers too, I get it.

Sure the odds are against the Mets winning it,and you can bring it back up,no worries. It was done in honor of all of those who just had to come and piss in a Mets thread that started in May. Check and see if I went into a Yankee thread,if you can find it, I didn't. Deal with the fact that the Yankees gave up on the season way too early. Not the players, and not Joe. Everybody else, starting with the GM, Owners and certainly the fans. Sure you got some nice looking prospects, but that's what they are, prospects. You'll have to unload some of them to rebuild the pitching and fill holes. Even the Yankee money won't fix it.When the Mets season ends, it will have still been a better year in every way over our cross town buddies.There have been more young players on the Mets to see the field than the Yankees,so I'd say the future is bright for the Mets, regardless of how the season ends. One more thing, for as arrogant as the majority of Yankee fans are when their winning, it's when their losing, that the best of their personalities come out.You were blessed with George,now like the Mets have ownership that looks at the bottom line,and winning is secondary. They'll be no more dynasty's down the road for any teams. I'll enjoy the Mets ride till it ends, with absolutely no regrets for posting this thread.
[/QUOTE]

You didnt go into a Yankees thread you started one...and there is still 10 games left...at the end of the season the mets could be out and the yankees could be in...still a better finish? Right now is say gary sanchez is havin a better season than any met...the yankee had a great season regardless of the playoffss the mets ehhh

Reactions: Section124
How bouts a 'go to hell'.

Please try to understand, OK? If the Mets are one game above 500 the rest of the
season playing only teams with losing records, their fans will be in heaven, feeling this
is a great accomplishment. So please back off, can you please put yourself in their
position? They belong to such a losing organization, that they need to get their rocks
off, hating on the Yanks (the best pro team in the history of sports). Making the wild card
playing losing teams in a weak division in the weakest league,
is their 27 world series titles.

Please try to understand, OK? If the Mets are one game above 500 the rest of the
season playing only teams with losing records, their fans will be in heaven, feeling this
is a great accomplishment. So please back off, can you please put yourself in their
position? They belong to such a losing organization, that they need to get their rocks
off, hating on the Yanks (the best pro team in the history of sports). Making the wild card

Whipping out your Yankee schlong and throwing it on the table. I applaud you for all those titles.

You didnt go into a Yankees thread you started one...and there is still 10 games left...at the end of the season the mets could be out and the yankees could be in...still a better finish? Right now is say gary sanchez is havin a better season than any met...the yankee had a great season regardless of the playoffss the mets ehhh[/QUOTE]
There are 9 games left, and the Yankees are 4 games out, with 3 teams ahead of them for the second wild card spot.
Mets lead in the wild card race with 8 games left to play.

Yeah, a lot of stuff could happen, but c'mon.

Oh those 27 WS, the thorn in our side,most before the Mets even existed,before most Yankee fans on here existed. Talk after 1962,after there were only 16 teams,after divisional play, after wild card teams, and after they CRACKED down on steroids.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT