ADVERTISEMENT

There is only ONE thing we should all be focused on now...

Nov 16, 2016
Recruiting.
Recruiting.
Recruiting.

While some of the nuts in our fan base inexplicably want to call for Ash's head, the rest of us sane RU fans need to put the rest of our Rutgers-attention this offseason towards recruiting. This is the single most important thing to Rutgers at this point. Enough of the nonsense or "which coaches need to go". Which talent is going to come? That's all we should be thinking about. Obsessing about. Because that has always been the only pathway out of this mess.

^its actually shameful that I even need to say something so obvious, but some of the things I've been seeing on these boards are just head scratching.

I read your title and thought the answer was February 1, 2017

No one is calling for his head. Calling for rational staff changes to make the program better .
Not unreasonable , very logical actually.
Ash is not going to fire Mehringer this offseason when he keeps mentioning that they didn't have the players to match his new offense

And any other coaching changes that may happen will not be hugely consequential. So we're better off not wasting energy on it

Ash is not going to fire Mehringer this offseason when he keeps mentioning that they didn't have the players to match his new offense

And any other coaching changes that may happen will not be hugely consequential. So we're better off not wasting energy on it

Have you been watching the Playcalling and lack of adjustments being made by the RU offense ?
Even the ESPN announcers made a reference to it today. Please stop with the "players not matching Drew's offense" nonsense. Then you make adjustments and call plays that put your players in a position to do well.

Have you been watching the Playcalling and lack of adjustments being made by the RU offense ?
Even the ESPN announcers made a reference to it today. Please stop with the "players not matching Drew's offense" nonsense. Then you make adjustments and call plays that put your players in a position to do well.
The biggest adjustment that needs to be made is to block people.

Had flood not hired the fridge there is no chance we win 8 games. It's easy to win with good players, but experience is needed to adjust to what you have. This staff doesn't have that. Even when we stunk, special teams was a strength. Now we are terrible there. Sure grant went down, but we can't tackle or kick a PAT without holding your breath.

Give me a break with bashing posters that see the obvious. This staff looks inexperienced and the results are there to prove it. Ash may very well not make a change, but he needs a co- OC to help develop meringer and play calling.

Had flood not hired the fridge there is no chance we win 8 games. It's easy to win with good players, but experience is needed to adjust to what you have. This staff doesn't have that. Even when we stunk, special teams was a strength. Now we are terrible there. Sure grant went down, but we can't tackle or kick a PAT without holding your breath.

Give me a break with bashing posters that see the obvious. This staff looks inexperienced and the results are there to prove it. Ash may very well not make a change, but he needs a co- OC to help develop meringer and play calling.
agree...people need to stop bashing the posters and the players. The problem isn't the talent, the problem is the coaching and everyone but our deluded fanbase sees this. I got news for people and I alluded to this a few weeks ago, but the HS coaches have seen enough to be less enamored. Ash is hurting the program now, not helping it

ADVERTISEMENT