ADVERTISEMENT

There should be a mandatory $1200/yr NIL donation for every season ticket in the 100’s

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

The hottest ticket in NJ is 100 level basketball tickets for RU basketball. If you look at the secondary market demand RU 100’s level tickets are more expensive not only than college but also every local pro team.

My best estimate is that there is only about 1500 total tickets in the 100’s, with such high demand for them, it is a sure thing that there is a market for these tix is a mandatory $1200/year NIL donation was associated with them.

Will the current season tix holders in the 100’s complain? Yes.

Will some current season ticket holders in the 100’s give them up and move to the 200’s or give up season tix all together? Yes.

Does the above matter? No. There is more than enough demand to take their tickets.

1500 tickets at $1200/yr each would be $1.8mm/yr to buy players. That would afford us talent to compete for final 4’s and 1-4 seeds in the tourney. Many wont admit it but if given the choice of watching a bubble team from the 100’s or a final 4 contender from the 200’s or on tv, theyd gladly take the final 4 contender.

Now that the school is allowed to discuss NIL with fans, this should be implemented immediately for the 2023-2024 season tickets.

The ncaa has no say in basically anything any more. Especially nil related
stand-there-in-your-wrongness-be-wrong.gif

Reactions: Zak57
Does the Athletic Department require a "mandatory donation" similar to football season tickets?

It would never happen but the AD could get rid of that instead recommend a "suggested (but not required) donation" to an NIL collective.

However this would mean the AD has to give up revenue and that'll never happen.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
How about mind your own business .
I can’t begin to tell you how fast I’d tell them to kiss my ass.
I’ll donate more on my own.
It literally wouldnt matter because if you have season tix in the 100’s, someone would scoop them before the second s in kiss even came out of your mouth

The hottest ticket in NJ is 100 level basketball tickets for RU basketball. If you look at the secondary market demand RU 100’s level tickets are more expensive not only than college but also every local pro team.

My best estimate is that there is only about 1500 total tickets in the 100’s, with such high demand for them, it is a sure thing that there is a market for these tix is a mandatory $1200/year NIL donation was associated with them.

Will some current season ticket holders in the 100’s give them up and move to the 200’s or give up season tix all together? Yes.

Does the above matter? No. There is more than enough demand to take their tickets.

1500 tickets at $1200/yr each would be $1.8mm/yr to buy players. That would afford us talent to compete for final 4’s and 1-4 seeds in the tourney. Many wont admit it but if given the choice of watching a bubble team from the 100’s or a final 4 contender from the 200’s or on tv, theyd gladly take the final 4 contender.

Now that the school is allowed to discuss NIL with fans, this should be implemented immediately for the 2023-2024 season tickets.
Nothing Kyk loves more than spending other people’s money

It literally wouldnt matter because if you have season tix in the 100’s, someone would scoop them before the second s in kiss even came out of your mouth
Would the demand for RU bball tix be so high with your man Mike Boynton as coach?

Reactions: Scangg
Funny stuff Kyk
Its not funny its true. If you have seasons in the 100’s for bball if you gave them up theyd be gone before you even hung up on the phone on the ticket office

Its always nice to pay for things with someone else's money
Nah, id donate $1200 per ticket in the 100’s. Id spend my own money on it and many many many others would as well. $1200/yr aint a lot of money. If you have 4 tix its $4800/yr. If youre even a halfway serious donor thats pocket change

Didn’t someone say that the parking tariff bump this year was to cover NIL? Rutgers athletes, out of season, are directing traffic and being paid by the company that handles parking.

Its not funny its true. If you have seasons in the 100’s for bball if you gave them up theyd be gone before you even hung up on the phone on the ticket office
That statement has been true for about 2 years. The $500 per seat donation was around for years when you couldn’t give the best seats in the house away.

Reactions: Joey Bacala
That statement has been true for about 2 years. The $500 per seat donation was around for years when you couldn’t give the best seats in the house away.
Who cares how much someone has previously donated or whether they’ve had season tickets for decades.

For employees of RU the amount they pay for employees parking pass is (or at least was when I was employed by RU) was based on a % of their salary. Maybe we should make RU fans submit a copy of the tax forms and pay a % of their income for parking.

Does the Athletic Department require a "mandatory donation" similar to football season tickets?

It would never happen but the AD could get rid of that instead recommend a "suggested (but not required) donation" to an NIL collective.

However this would mean the AD has to give up revenue and that'll never happen.
Exactly right.

So you’re in favor of taxing the rich? Like making them pay their fair share? Good to know.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, in the current structure how much of a donation would you need to make to get tickets in the 100s? Assuming no priority points or history.

Guess what many if not most in those sections are doing that number or more already-- me included. How about EVERY RU fan step up their donations especially those that only give with their big mouths.

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
Why would they do that instead of requiring the donation to the athletic department?

And no, you aren’t allowed to do this, despite the suggestion that the NCAA “has no say” — they literally do and this isn’t allowed.

Not going to lie, I do enjoy my season tickets in 202 but really want to be in the 100s as I know the noise level must be outrageous closer to the floor. Hopefully one day.

I love the RAC so much.

We already have a mandatory per seat RFund donation for each seat in both sorts. OK so if your idea is $1200 for the 100 ‘s then I suggest $700 for the first 12 rows of the 200’s and $350 for the rest of 200’s. Let’s share the pain.

There's going to be 10K Penn State fans invading Rutgers Stadium this Saturday at 330 and while those season ticket holders who sell their seats to Michigan, Iowa or Penn State fans are given a free pass,......??? Instead let's go after the only one thing between football and basketball that is going well at RU and its the RAc and focus energy there trying to raise NIL money???

How about figuring out how to keep the opposing fans out of our stadium and tying that to NIL to help buy Chase Bisontis....?? The kid who is only going to Texas A&M, despite everything imploding down there and won't even consider another RU visit. Aren't there like significantly more football season tickets to worry about that can raise the money needed?? For every PSU fan that is in the stadium, charge them $200 bucks per seat.

200 x 15K is 3M.....imagine if RU or kyk thought about these things for football and we rolled this out for all the Michigan fans here 2 weeks ago.....?? There's another 3 to 4M out the window for NIL....

By the end of the RU football season, you'd raise 10M, just on other teams fans entering the stadium.....add another surcharge to them for beers, parking and the new facilities would be built in no time....!!!

This tired refrain that the people in the 100 level, who have generally been supporting the athletic departments both with their wallets and with fannies in the seats through decades of losing, are the ones that need to step up is a perfect example of why fundraising is so poor. Everyone's always pointing to someone else to step up, waiting for the fairy goddonor to come down and foot the bill. EVERYONE needs to step up. If I had a dollar for every time the 100s are singled out to pay more, I'd be able to buy more tickets in the 100s. If I had a dollar for every time it was suggested that people in the 200 level pay more, I'd be broke. There are people on this board who never posted once on the basketball board or regularly attended games that jumped on board in the last 3 years. What happens if the program slips for a year or two as would be normal with any program? Will these new fans continue to support the program, go to games, buy concessions, pay for parking, donate to the athletic department and NIL collectives?

Is there even a donation requirement for season tickets in the 200s and, if so, how much is it? What's the cost of season tickets in the second level (which by the way is still a damn good seat for a college basketball game - compare it to the seating areas at other more modern venues)?

As far as football is concerned, the way to keep opposing fans out of the stadium is to produce a football team that is capable of fielding at least as a semi-competent offense. This program has not had anything resembling that since Gary Nova graduated which is almost a decade ago. It's simply a horrible, hopeless unentertaining experience. We've won, what, ONE Big Ten game at home in 4 or 5 years? We're lucky there are even some Rutgers fans with tickets to re-sell to opposing fans.

Last edited:
So you’re in favor of taxing the rich? Like making them pay their fair share? Good to know.
Lol has literally nothing to do with this thread or even topic. What you shouldve said is, “you believe in basic econ 101 of supply and demand?”.

But to answer your question, the rich pay way too much in taxes. In fact, the top 25% of wage earners pay 71% of all federal taxes while the bottom 50% pay just 4% of all federal taxes (in fact they net pay negative taxes, see chart below) Seems like a raw deal for the rich. Facts suck bruh

We should have one flat tax rate of 20% for all. Would still be unfair to the rich though as the $1,000,000/yr earner would pay $200K in taxes while receiving very little in return while the $30K/yr earner would pay $6K and get a lotttttt more than the person who paid $200K. Kindve a raw deal. The rich are abused

cc: @Scangg

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, in the current structure how much of a donation would you need to make to get tickets in the 100s? Assuming no priority points or history.
Szn tix in the 100’s is basically just an inheritance, you cant get them

ADVERTISEMENT