ADVERTISEMENT

There will be no individual tournament for NJ wrestlers this winter; first time since 1934

That's absolutely ridiculous at this point in time. We are literally 5 months away.

I would imagine we are going to be seeing some unsanctioned/club events taking place this winter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
Really sucks for these kids. Olivieri, Soldano could have been 3-time champs. For other kids, this could be their only shot. Terrible.

Find a way. This is ridiculous. Shows the really don’t care about the youth and the mental impact on these kids. The big thing that these knob heads continue to discount is how much of a mental toll this is taking on the youth of America.

Find a way. This is ridiculous. Shows the really don’t care about the youth and the mental impact on these kids. The big thing that these knob heads continue to discount is how much of a mental toll this is taking on the youth of America.
Agreed. My son is a high school junior and he plays ice hockey, not wrestling. He is a different kid when he is able to attend his travel practices and games, as well as the varsity high school team. All the parents say the same thing - getting the sport back into their lives balances them out. Aside from just the physical exercise, he has social interaction, competition, mental processing, etc. We had a tournament this weekend and it was a noticeable return to normalcy for all the players.

Don't be shocked if the season is cancelled or moved to the spring.Heard the majority of the refs dont want to ref this winter

Don't be shocked if the season is cancelled or moved to the spring.Heard the majority of the refs dont want to ref this winter

Unless something significantly changes with the numbers state wide, there’s no way they outright cancel. I don’t even think a postponement is likely. The NJSIAA doesn’t want to postpone sports to a different calendar season for a number of reasons. Gym space is already going to be at a premium in early March with gymnastics now competing with baseball (assuming cold weather to start), softball, boys/girls lacrosse, and boys/girls volleyball.

If they postpone wrestling it probably means the postponement of boys/girls basketball as well. There’s simply not enough time and space for all these sports to coexist simultaneously, not to mention the decrease in numbers due to multi sport athletes.

Unless something significantly changes with the numbers state wide, there’s no way they outright cancel. I don’t even think a postponement is likely. The NJSIAA doesn’t want to postpone sports to a different calendar season for a number of reasons. Gym space is already going to be at a premium in early March with gymnastics now competing with baseball (assuming cold weather to start), softball, boys/girls lacrosse, and boys/girls volleyball.

If they postpone wrestling it probably means the postponement of boys/girls basketball as well. There’s simply not enough time and space for all these sports to coexist simultaneously, not to mention the decrease in numbers due to multi sport athletes.
Time will tell.Hope they wrestle and get a state tournament.IL moved Wrestling from April to June.Most IL schools graduate the last weekend of May and wrestling isn't supposed to end until June 26.Makes no sense to me so nothing will surprise me

if you keep testing for covid. their will always be positives.. a college fb coach tested negative three times. and wouldn't you know it, he tested positive the fourth time.....why all these tests?.....nick saban had two negative tests, than had a positive one.....am i the only one to see the utter nonsense in all this... especially without symptoms........if you stop testing
you would never know if you had this deadly plague.....common sense would dictate ,u take something for it.....if you continue to feel worse you go to your dr., and get tested....by the way how are they treating this without a vaccine?.......so now, if you test positive your quarantined is
does the virus go away by itself...is that the cure?....is their anybody out there asking these questions....when will this end?........seems to me their will be wave, after wave, after wave.....kids missing school, businesses closed for good, and for what?.......so many contradictions.........who is profiting from these covid tests?........mmmmm, millions of tests quite a payday ,,,,,,,,,so, now we have the covid carrier,,,just like aids ,,,,,remember when magic johnson had to retire because he had aids...but, he was only a carrier,,,,what the hell did that mean anyway...has he had intercourse since then......i guess not...he can't infect someone if he keeps his zipper shut......really!......wtf.....when will proud hard working americans going to say, enough, is enough.
politicians should be tarred and feathered......pelosi's husband had his huge investment get millions of bucks in the little peoples bail out...not to be partison so did macturtles wifes company get millions also....r crooks, and d crooks......same old, same old......do you think their will be a wrestling season?..........of course not....the ivies just canceled the season......hoops will be next............is a covid vaccine a cure?
the flu shot isn't...............when will somebody have the balls and say enough is enough.....maybe if we have a riot, and looting in the rac. we can attend some games....that seems to be ok .......what a ffffffiinnnnnn world were living in
Seriously, wtf is this nonsense?

if you keep testing for covid. their will always be positives.. a college fb coach tested negative three times. and wouldn't you know it, he tested positive the fourth time.....why all these tests?.....nick saban had two negative tests, than had a positive one.....am i the only one to see the utter nonsense in all this... especially without symptoms........if you stop testing
you would never know if you had this deadly plague.....common sense would dictate ,u take something for it.....if you continue to feel worse you go to your dr., and get tested....by the way how are they treating this without a vaccine?.......so now, if you test positive your quarantined is
does the virus go away by itself...is that the cure?....is their anybody out there asking these questions....when will this end?........seems to me their will be wave, after wave, after wave.....kids missing school, businesses closed for good, and for what?.......so many contradictions.........who is profiting from these covid tests?........mmmmm, millions of tests quite a payday ,,,,,,,,,so, now we have the covid carrier,,,just like aids ,,,,,remember when magic johnson had to retire because he had aids...but, he was only a carrier,,,,what the hell did that mean anyway...has he had intercourse since then......i guess not...he can't infect someone if he keeps his zipper shut......really!......wtf.....when will proud hard working americans going to say, enough, is enough.
politicians should be tarred and feathered......pelosi's husband had his huge investment get millions of bucks in the little peoples bail out...not to be partison so did macturtles wifes company get millions also....r crooks, and d crooks......same old, same old......do you think their will be a wrestling season?..........of course not....the ivies just canceled the season......hoops will be next............is a covid vaccine a cure?
the flu shot isn't...............when will somebody have the balls and say enough is enough.....maybe if we have a riot, and looting in the rac. we can attend some games....that seems to be ok .......what a ffffffiinnnnnn world were living in

Seek help.

Reactions: gogs7
If we stopped keeping score in wrestling matches we’d never lose again

Reactions: gogs7
A shame that Jimmy Mullen of St Joes won't have the opportunity to be NJ's first 4x heavyweight State Champ. Mullen received a Rutgers Football offer from Greg Schiano last spring.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT