ADVERTISEMENT

THESE are the games that will define O.C.

You can never underestimate the number of Rutgers posters , who for more years than I care to remember, have nothing but negativism to spew after a game like yesterday. The game was a tale of two halves and Saturday Rutgers surely showed that it is a much better team by far. We are not where any of us wish to be but certainly , in year two of Schiano’s return , the entire Ash / Flood crap shows are getting further removed from our view . The players have bought in and of that I am sure. If you can not see that there has been major improvements then you are not being honest.Fans being realistic and objective is something a particular few will always push after a game like today’s .We all saw the negative side in the first half but I see a direction in which we continue to improve weekly even if that doesn’t add up to more wins. The key will be the health of our players going forward . It is a gauntlet schedule . We have a great opportunity to win 3 more when nobody in media or sports thinks we can. After 54 years of following Rutgers I wish to BELIEVE Rutgers can achieve not only academic acclaim but sports respectability in a premier conference. All aside GO RU !!!!!! Beat Ohio State.

Last edited:
all I know is we've completed 79 passes but only 4..that's FOUR to our TE's in 4 games. One of which was a seam route for a TD. The other seam route up the middle you saw yesterday was also a TD. That makes 2 of our 5 passing TDs up the middle.

Vedral often has plenty of time to throw the ball..but is programmed (by Gleeson) to throw it right away to a spot and a guy. A he doesn't drop back. (again, not blaming him)..he gets the snap and turns and throws. Doesn't take but a nano second for the o line to get pushed back a yard. Pocket isn't created. This is all timing stuff. Those 2 TDs were plays where he was able to fake, move back, look and find the guy. Want more of that.

You guys calling for Gleeson head are real idiots. Really need to appreciate having a OC that knows how to use his personnel and is a very good play caller. Did he make a few mistakes, yeah. So did lots of people. He’s making Vedral look like a real QB. Really need to look in the mirror and remember when where we were 2 years ago. And they don’t even have a full cycle of recruits yet. Everyone needs to relax.

all I know is we've completed 79 passes but only 4..that's FOUR to our TE's in 4 games. One of which was a seam route for a TD. The other seam route up the middle you saw yesterday was also a TD. That makes 2 of our 5 passing TDs up the middle.

Vedral often has plenty of time to throw the ball..but is programmed (by Gleeson) to throw it right away to a spot and a guy. A he doesn't drop back. (again, not blaming him)..he gets the snap and turns and throws. Doesn't take but a nano second for the o line to get pushed back a yard. Pocket isn't created. This is all timing stuff. Those 2 TDs were plays where he was able to fake, move back, look and find the guy. Want more of that.
You realize Vedral cannot throw the ball down the field right? He’s a good game manager and give him credit for how he’s played. He’s doing what he’s asked but he cannot make 20 yard throws. Look at that pass to Melton towards end. He was open by 10 yards and missed him by 10. I do agree he needs to try and involve the TE’s more.

Most of the players are recruited by Ash.
That line is growing old. Ash’s recruits have been coached and developed by GS’s staff for two years, also, many players on the two deep have been brought in by GS through the portal. This is Schiano’s team, 100%.

You realize Vedral cannot throw the ball down the field right? He’s a good game manager and give him credit for how he’s played. He’s doing what he’s asked but he cannot make 20 yard throws. Look at that pass to Melton towards end. He was open by 10 yards and missed him by 10. I do agree he needs to try and involve the TE’s more.
yes, I'm taking about those shorter routes that develop quickly to the backs and TEs. And some crossing stuff. I'm not close to suggesting he's a drop back passer who can scan the field and pick out guys left and right.

That line is growing old. Ash’s recruits have been coached and developed by GS’s staff for two years, also, many players on the two deep have been brought in by GS through the portal. This is Schiano’s team, 100%.
Then you know almost nothing about building a FB program. It takes a full cycle of recruiting and getting your own personnel to get the team you want. We were arguably the worst P5 program in the nation 2 years ago. He’s done magical things in 2 years and has used the portal for some plug and play but almost zero contributors are his players yet.

When you cant block for the pass the TE receptions go away. That's how Kroft and DC Jefferson stopped catching passes. Vedral gets the ball and Michigan players are right on top of him. Fortunately he doesn't panic and try to miracle chuck throws that become INTs
I don't think you had our game on. The O-line did pretty damn good today. Pay attention if you are going to post.

Then you know almost nothing about building a FB program. It takes a full cycle of recruiting and getting your own personnel to get the team you want. We were arguably the worst P5 program in the nation 2 years ago. He’s done magical things in 2 years and has used the portal for some plug and play but almost zero contributors are his players yet.
I fully understand that. The Ash recruits are not the problem right now. Unless of course you think guys like Pacheco, Turner, O3, Melton, Fogg and some others are bad players that GS has to work around. Yes, the previous coach certainly killed the depth chart but several of his players are good starters right now. I am just saying The downside of yesterday’s performance was not because of Ash’s recruits. That is just an easy excuse.

We have weapons..BUT…Seriously head scratching calls. No Tight End over the middle, too many screens, Pacheco sweeps…

I think he’s on the hot seat, IMO.

Gleeson not impressive. He would do great as head coach of Boise State, UCF or some gimmick AAC/CUSA team that would blowout their conference opponents and Florida Gulf Coast their way to a New Years Bowl win some year. But in the Big Ten he is a bad fit

What an incredibly pre-mature post and incredibly ridiculous response. I expect better from both of you guy com’on.

What an incredibly pre-mature post and incredibly ridiculous response. I expect better from both of you guy com’on.
Nuts, It was premature, based on first half for sure… but I still think some headscratchers. IMO, too much fade routes. Those aren’t Vedrals strength…The TD was a beautifully designed and executed play, and hoped we did more of these type of shorter pass plays executed yesterday. Hopefully next week.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Nuts, It was premature, based on first half for sure… but I still think some headscratchers. IMO, too much fade routes. Those aren’t Vedrals strength…The TD was a beautifully designed and executed play, and hoped we did more of these type of shorter pass plays executed yesterday. Hopefully next week.
Low percentage fades into double coverage bother me

Reactions: SBP
A team of 2 and 3 star kids plays even with a team of 4 and 5 star kids, and some people conclude that the coaches of the team with the lower rated players suck. LOL!!!!!!!!
We have more 4 stars than we do 2 stars. Enough with the idea this team has no talent, it's getting old

We have more 4 stars than we do 2 stars. Enough with the idea this team has no talent, it's getting ol

Sorry but, even with transfers, the talent gap is still huge. The coaching staff deserves credit for the competitiveness of this team. It’s way too soon to start demanding wins against the B1G elite and getting on the coaching staff if they don’t deliver. Especially without giving credit for the amazing progress that got us competitive in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
I don't think you had our game on. The O-line did pretty damn good today. Pay attention if you are going to post.
Michigan had one sack and six tackles for loss (six more than Rutgers)
First half wasn't great. Run blocking better than pass blocking in 2nd.
We'll give you another chance or two

Michigan had one sack and six tackles for loss (six more than Rutgers)
First half wasn't great. Run blocking better than pass blocking in 2nd.
We'll give you another chance or two
Of course they have tackles for loss when we throw the ball behind the LOS. 1 sack on Vedral is a pretty damn good job, he wasnt hit much behind the line.

Last edited:
The talent gap is not huge. We had enough talent to win the game. I won’t get into why we do or do not throw over the middle because the answers are too obvious.

Gleeson called a good game. Michigan’s D played well. So did ours. We had more penalties and a turnover. That was the difference.

Of course they have tackles for loss when we throw the ball behind the LOS. 1 sack on Vedral is a pretty damn good job, he wasnt hit much behind the line.
Vedral is good at dealing with pressure. He's not a make-something-happen chucker - a reason I always said (this year) that I liked Vedral.. The defense was on him fast yesterday. OL was better yesterday but RU pass blocking is still not a work of art.

Reactions: beaced
Ash sucked as a coach but he recruited Fatukasi, Fogg, Turner, Tverdov, Pacheco, Melton, etc. id say those guys are pretty good
And guess when they relished? When Schiano and staff came aboard. Coaching is just as bug as recruiting and not just on game days. If you know Anyting about Schianos previous tenure many of his NFL players were middling recruits who were Coached up. Certainly not all but many. These guys you mention have become different players under Schiano and don’t tell me it’s bc they are older.

Rutgers will not win a lot of games in Big Ten until they get their offense together. We don't have it.
Michigan game was winnable if our offense was good. This loss showed that we still lack the pieces on offense to win consistently in the Big Ten.

I looked at OSU's Oline and Dline and they look like monsters.

It's probably also a setup from Gleeson.

Lull the defense into not guarding the middle off the field and then BAM! big play/TD.

Vedral's passes over the middle are often shaken and inaccurate/not in stride so having extra space because the D is somewhere else helps out with those completions.

It's probably also a setup from Gleeson.

Lull the defense into not guarding the middle off the field and then BAM! big play/TD.

Vedral's passes over the middle are often shaken and inaccurate/not in stride so having extra space because the D is somewhere else helps out with those completions.
Yes...perhaps. but exactly why you mix it up More.
He needs to get out of the predictable. It's definitely workable. Only helps if he mixes it up more. Don't I say he needs to me x it up more? Lol.

This is what Sean Gleeson thinks of your criticism (From my favorite Gleason)

Last edited:
Ash sucked as a coach but he recruited Fatukasi, Fogg, Turner, Tverdov, Pacheco, Melton, etc. id say those guys are pretty good
Greg did not name any players, but he said that when he got here, he was pleased to have so many good players on the roster. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that the previous guy did a couple of good things.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I just want to recognize and thank coach Gleeson for some awesome halftime adjustments and a great overall game plan.

Reactions: beaced
ADVERTISEMENT