ADVERTISEMENT

They started testing the new Lighting systems in the stadium last night

JRZEER

Senior
Oct 23, 2007
in the stadium last night. Only the Scarlet Lot side was up and running completely, but the stadium looked amazing. This weekend they are downloading and programming the music that will be synced with the lights. Everything should be ready to go by mid week. I think the fans are going to love it. I’m looking forward to see how it all comes together when we finish up early next week.

Looks cool and if synched to the type of Rock music 75% of the stadium wants to hear it'll create a hell of an atmosphere.

My guess is it will be synched to cornball Rap that even the half full student section and their free tickets are tired of at this point.

It is time to upgrade the lights in the stadium that date back to the 1994 expansion, as it is much too dark compared to other college stadiums. Bring them up to modern standards and increase the brightness by using LED lights. Plus, add the ability to use scarlet lights and effects, as is done in big-time stadiums such as Georgia and Alabama, such as when the team takes the field, after touchdowns, etc.

Georgia - Sanford Stadium

Alabama - Bryant-Denny Stadium

Reactions: FrankieRU
It is time to upgrade the lights in the stadium that date back to the 1994 expansion, as it is much too dark compared to other college stadiums. Bring them up to modern standards and increase the brightness by using LED lights. Plus, add the ability to use scarlet lights and effects, as is done in big-time stadiums such as Georgia and Alabama, such as when the team takes the field, after touchdowns, etc.

Isn’t that what is being done?

Are you talking about outside or inside the stadium? We were inside from 5:30 to 9 pm and did not notice music.
Last night was testing of the lights bc they had to ensure they were working bc of the HS football games this weekend. The music aspect is completely separate process. Basically the university provides the vendor with a dozen songs and their programmers sync the light show with the music. That isn’t ready to be tested yet. Next week.

That’s what is being done right now. For instance, the HS games required a certain number of lumens on the field in order for the games to happen this weekend. For argument sake, say that number was in the 80 range. With only one side of the stadium 100% lit, the number on the fields was 130 ish. It will be a night and day difference from the old system.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I can understand the need for brighter LED lights, and if they want to do a light show for the pregame, that seems fine too. I really hope that they won’t try to do a synchronized lifting show DURING the game. The constant music is bad enough - we don’t need flashing lights during the game. I want to watch college football, not go to a techno concert.

Scarlet Jerry

Reactions: knightfan7
That’s what is being done right now. For instance, the HS games required a certain number of lumens on the field in order for the games to happen this weekend. For argument sake, say that number was in the 80 range. With only one side of the stadium 100% lit, the number on the fields was 130 ish. It will be a night and day difference from the old system.

Hope they got everything working 100% now that the Iowa game is at night.

Reactions: thegock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT