ADVERTISEMENT

Think there will be any games scheduled between the Hofstra game and the Syracuse game?

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Theres over a week in between. I guess it will depend on the covid situation

I wound think we would need to find TWO games next week ...and leave one for an opening later

I think we will look for a decent mid major or mid-pack power 6 conference team to add in between Hofstra and Syracuse game. Baker out isn't as bad a loss as you think. JY and Mulcahy handled the point just fine Wednesday, 15 assists, 3 TOs, even Mathis has better handle this year 3 assists 0 TOs. It just shifts RHJ to more of a wing/PT Forward with Palmquist backup. Mag, Reiber, and Doucoure covering the 4's minutes.

We should talk to Jay Young about playing the Fairfield Stags. 90 mins away, easy drive.

We really need one more high major OOC opponent on the schedule. I know they’re trying.

I said it before. Seton Hall plays at Rhode Island on 12/2 and at Penn State on 12/6. I really doubt they would want to play us on 12/4.

shoe won't play us because they would have the home game, and don't want an empty gym for our game...there is no doubt if the game this year was at the RAC they would be coming here...it's good that RU isn't conceding...the forfeit the home game this year should it not be played, and would come here the following season, as scheduled...brutal loss for them today lol...

Reactions: Scangg
Saint Peter’s has no game until December 11th. SPU is 1 and 1 after a heartbreaking 1 point loss to St. John’s after being up by 4 with about 30 seconds and a decent win vs LaSalle after a slow start. I would not be surprised if another game is added but highly doubt it will be RU but I would not be surprised if an invite to play was extended.

I know from experience, highly contributory players feel the urgency to come back ASAP.
No games equals a better healing process scenario for Geo

Reactions: BillyC80
Seton Hall plays at Rhode Island on 12/2 and at Penn State on 12/6. If they play St. Joe's on Monday 11/30 I doubt they would want to play us on 12/4 as that would give them 4 games in 7 days.

St Joseph may be available for game mid week next week. They were supposed to play seton hall Monday but game was cancelled. Local game. Seton hall now looking to play Iona on Monday. Maybe Iona is also available mid week next week?

SHU also is apparently now playing Oregon on Friday 12/4 out in Nebraska as CREIGHTON is hosting a double header, then at PSU 12/6, but they couldn’t play RU this coming week ?! Ha!

Reactions: G- RUnit and Scangg
Coaching malpractice if Pike can't find a game for December 4 or 5.

I guess we might not play Seton Hall at all this season. Willard said he was holding a date for January or February but they were not in a MTE event so they can only play 5 OOC games. Iona will be # 2 tomorrow. Rhode Island and Penn State will be # 3 and # 4. If they add Oregon that makes # 5. It is ironic that SHU scheduled St. Joe's than they apparently pulled out so Willard could play his friend, Rick Pitino. It is is strange how we were going to play Oregon at Mohegan Sun and they backed out but now they might play SHU in Nebraska. It would have been nice to play against Oregon and Eugene. If SHU plays Oregon on 12/4 they will be traveling to Rhode Island for 12/2, flying to Nebraska to play Oregon and 12/4 and flying back east to play at Penn State on 12/6. That all seems like a lot of flying in a short time to me and might be risky as well. I wonder if we did reach out Notre Dame.

It was their 3rd game in 5 days at the start of the season. Their level of game is and will be fine.

Reactions: bigmatt718
It was their 3rd game in 5 days at the start of the season. Their level of game is and will be fine.
Exactly. OSU survived a real scare from UMass-Lowell today. Teams have heavy legs playing their 3rd game in 5 days. At least we were never threatened today despite playing a little sloppy.

Reactions: Rhuarc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT