ADVERTISEMENT

This seems surreal

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
But it is real. The Ace commitment was the news of the day even beyond a tremendous win. It will definitely help with Harper and Betsey may be back in serious play. The Brandon Knight connection was at play with Bailey and TJ Thompson with the New England preps. Rutgers is one of 3,yes 3 programs in the country who did not lose a player to the portal or an assistant to another job.Staggering stat.There was loads of enthusiasm at a KTR gathering among major donors after the game and Steve showed up to make a pitch.March,1976 was great. 2023 may equal it in the aggregate.Mdongo is apparently at Putnam Science now and close to Rutgers,which is a good thing.I will reiterate my comments of December. Spencer and Mag are the keys in that order.

Wouldn’t it be the craziest thing for Spencer to become defensive player of the year, when he was (a) recruited for offense and (b) doubted by some coming in for his D (including me)?
That is one of the most surprising things to me. That aspect of his game wasn’t discussed much when he committed. The guy just tries to make whatever plays need to be made to win.

That is one of the most surprising things to me. That aspect of his game wasn’t discussed much when he committed. The guy just tries to make whatever plays need to be made to win.
The people on this board may have not discussed his defense much, but the staff was acutely aware of it. He didn’t lead his prior league in steals for nothing. He’s not the on ball defender that McConnell is, but his help defense/getting in passing lanes etc. was a well-known commodity.

The people on this board may have not discussed his defense much, but the staff was acutely aware of it. He didn’t lead his prior league in steals for nothing. He’s not the on ball defender that McConnell is, but his help defense/getting in passing lanes etc. was a well-known commodity.
Not on here. That’s what I was referring to. And let’s be honest, many here were questioning his ability to play at this level just a month ago.

Reactions: RW90
Spencer is playing with some much more freedom and swagger right now, it's infectious to the entire team and roster. He now believes he can get to the basket AND midrange and he finally attacked to get to the FT line, which is poison to opponents, counting on RU to turn it over or take a bad shot like years past.

Mag had 12 to 15 games of hard core development, now we need the same from Simpson these remaining 12 to 14 games in the B1G.

I won't know what to make of the New England Prep scene, that is or has been a RU72 sticking point for many years. TJ Thompson getting those doors unlocked is a very big deal.

Not on here. That’s what I was referring to. And let’s be honest, many here were questioning his ability to play at this level just a month ago.
Some did post about his defense very early on — including me.

Reactions: Scangg
Spencer is playing with some much more freedom and swagger right now, it's infectious to the entire team and roster. He now believes he can get to the basket AND midrange and he finally attacked to get to the FT line, which is poison to opponents, counting on RU to turn it over or take a bad shot like years past.

Mag had 12 to 15 games of hard core development, now we need the same from Simpson these remaining 12 to 14 games in the B1G.

I won't know what to make of the New England Prep scene, that is or has been a RU72 sticking point for many years. TJ Thompson getting those doors unlocked is a very big deal.
He is also creating his own shots with the ball

Pull out a huge win over OSU in a tense back and forth rock fight, a rockin sold out RAC, top 25 ranking and land a 5 star top ranked recruit ... pinch me, this can't be real.

It was there for all to see, people just missed it.

How does Ndongo all of the sudden end up at Putnam Science on east coast mid school year from a colorado prep school?? Seems a bit off...

How does Ndongo all of the sudden end up at Putnam Science on east coast mid school year from a colorado prep school?? Seems a bit off...
Happens more than you think with these kids. They just need to make sure they complete their core courses required for eligibility next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT