ADVERTISEMENT

This team is better without Geo (satire)

Upstream

Hall of Famer
Jul 31, 2001
without a paddle
Because everyone has to step up to replace what Geo brings, and McC and Young stepped up big time.

Imagine how awesome we'll be when Geo is back!!

(This thread is for you, Numbers.)

I agree (after 1 game). Geo forces up too many 3s and the ball doesn’t flow as well. Guys were really moving w/o the ball and that provided great spacing.

I hope that was sarcasm. We need Geo back ASAP!!! It’s unreal that he got hurt. When we play better teams we will absolutely need Geo. Just hoping we can hold serve until he gets back.

Because everyone has to step up to replace what Geo brings, and McC and Young stepped up big time.

Awesome! For those not in the game thead, I joked about what the over/under would be on someone posting that we're a better team without Geo, guessing 10 minutes and I think Upstream hit it right at 10 minutes. Well played.

Please stop!!! Don’t ruin a great, gutsy Big 10road win with this nonsense!

Heck no lol. Geo is our best shot creator in the clutch, and just over all crucial moments. They'll be missing him in the tougher games

I agree (after 1 game). Geo forces up too many 3s and the ball doesn’t flow as well. Guys were really moving w/o the ball and that provided great spacing.
Did you happen to notice the caliber of Nebraska? Geos talents are going to be greatly missed when playing better teams with more athletic talents; teams that put pressure on guards and in clutch time

Reactions: WCU99
I think he was joking.
Yes. In the game thread, RU#s commented on how long it would take for someone to start a "better without Geo" thread.

Obviously we're better with our best player healthy. But it is a really good sign that the other guys were able to step up to fill the void.

Are u guys f’n serious?!?

We are in big trouble when we face well coach teams with athletic guards.
Jacob and Montez are both very athletic. Our length also neutralizes a lot of speed advantages other teams might have.

Did you happen to notice the caliber of Nebraska? Geos talents are going to be greatly missed when playing better teams with more athletic talents; teams that put pressure on guards and in clutch time
NU is athletic but small. Geo is not a great ball handler or passer. It’s only 1 game but feel good about it.

The team isn't better without him (and I get that the thread is facetious) but I'm not so sure that the rest of the team isn't better without Geo. Everyone had to focus and step up and I think they're all capable of doing more.

We didn’t necessarily need him to win against a team that has no real center as a threat inside. But when we can’t go inside this easy (see: rest of the conference schedule besides Nebraska again), we will desperately need him. He a McConnell are the only ones I trust in crunch time to dribble without turning it over

What a stupid thread! Great win, and way to step up by the rest of the team. Let's hope we can get Gio back sooner, we will need him!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT