ADVERTISEMENT

This team may actually be better next year - roster

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
Only 2 seniors / grad students (Yeboah and Carter)

While Yeboah has been a huge help to elevating this team they can definitely add a replacement piece for next year (transfer or recruit). Carter is the #2 center and helps give Myles a breather but as a backup he is also a replacement piece.

The commitment list has 2 6'8'' guys and a 6'9'' guy signed for next year. All are 3 stars.

If they can land Cliff then you are adding a 6'10'' guy to the rotation

What is great is the team is long.

Lots of 6'3'' to 6'7'' guys who can handle the ball

Pike has shown that he is very good at making things work with what he has to work with. No reason to think he will not just keep doing this.
Remember the doom and gloom about that guy named Eugene leaving?

If KY pays the going rate ($100K) we have no chance with Cliff. If not, then why not RU?!

I know water is wet , but Cliff is really a huge piece to this coming true

giphy.gif

Reactions: RU at the shore
At the very lease the incoming guys already are supposed to be good shooters so that has to be a plus by itself. Just have to find the right spot and get them on the floor. Cliff is a completely different conversation.

If there is no major transfer out, this team is probably preseason top 25 assuming things continue rolling in the same direction. If they also add cliff, it’s probably looking at top 10 and title contender talk. It’s a pretty big upgrade at the 2nd big spot.

Reactions: Scangg
If there is no major transfer out, this team is probably preseason top 25 assuming things continue rolling in the same direction. If they also add cliff, it’s probably looking at top 10 and title contender talk. It’s a pretty big upgrade at the 2nd big spot.
I wouldn't talk title contender but preseason top 25.

Cliff is rated around 50th of the 2020 prospects. Duke has 2 top 15 prospects already.

one of the sites has 10 guys sized at 6'10'' or taller ahead of him

Reactions: ruready07
I wouldn't talk title contender but preseason top 25.

Cliff is rated around 50th of the 2020 prospects. Duke has 2 top 15 prospects already.

one of the sites has 10 guys sized at 6'10'' or taller ahead of him
Except that in my opinion, he will be the backup playing 15 mins a game. I think Myles will take a Junior leap like Eugene and Geo did under Pike, as will much of the rest of that class. So to me it’s the upgrade at backup center from Shaq Carter to a more mobile, able big.

If we get Cliff and one other Big; like that Juco 7-1 kid; we could potentially win the conference next year.

I keep saying it

Cliff is the final piece for this team to make a DEEP NCAA run in 2020-2021
A deep run again next year you mean. This team can make a deep run THIS year

If we get Cliff and one other Big; like that Juco 7-1 kid; we could potentially win the conference next year.
We could win the B1G without another B1G if Cliff comes. A third big would be getting zero minutes anyway behind Myles and Cliff

A deep run again next year you mean. This team can make a deep run THIS year

We could win the B1G without another B1G if Cliff comes. A third big would be getting zero minutes anyway behind Myles and Cliff
Wait, Illinois fans are saying they can win the conference next year, too. Co-champs? Lol

Next yrs team is already suppose to be better. Its deep with talented and experienced upper classmen. The one weakness is the backup to Miles - but if we make the tourney - im confident that Pike will find a grad transfer - if he can't land Cliff. If he lands Cliff - this team will be scary.

Cockburn will probably be a first round draft pick if he should declare. Illinois could also lose Ayo Dosunmu who almost declared for the NBA last year. Many think he might be a first round draft pick as well.

Cockburn will probably be a first round draft pick if he should declare. Illinois could also lose Ayo Dosunmu who almost declared for the NBA last year. Many think he might be a first round draft pick as well.
I thought Dosunmu would leave but Kofi seems like he is more a throwback NBA center but not as much a fit for today's game. Is he considering coming back or definitely one and done?

ADVERTISEMENT