ADVERTISEMENT

This team...

Candiru

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
... is trending towards infamy amongst RU faithful. Ranked as high as 11, now they’re the team that has fallen farther faster than anyone else in the nation. They’re just reinforcing why you just can’t trust a Rutgers team, instead of changing perception, they’re confirming it. Instead of making the ncaas and being remembered for breaking that streak, they’ll possibly forever be the team that had huge potential, simply pissed opportunity away and repel future recruits. Also, might be the team to forever change Pike’s coaching trajectory.

I’m a lifelong fan whose watched any game he could for 40+ years and I gotta tell you, I’m really having a hard time even watching these games right now. The “team leaders”, including the coach, should be ashamed at the moment.

I know a number of them said they wanted this team to be remembered forever. They’re well on their way, just not in the way they meant.

Yeah not sure of Likes future here. Might need to rinse and repeat. Will be hard to recover from a recruiting standpoint. Even with a new coach.

This just cements that Rutgers can't compete. We will always be a punchline. It sucks.

Yeah not sure of Likes future here. Might need to rinse and repeat. Will be hard to recover from a recruiting standpoint. Even with a new coach.

This just cements that Rutgers can't compete. We will always be a punchline. It sucks.
Overreaction. Nobody is coming in and doing a better job.

Reactions: shields
OP is correct....and what also confirms is how quiet the board has been the last week, we went from a super active board to just off the cliff, unfortunately I fear more off that is coming

this is the third game i walked away from before it was done this year

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
It starts and ends with recruiting.Rutgers has no consistent inside scoring.and the 3 point shooting is mediocre at best.The team plays hard but simply lack consistent scoring threats.Grind out wins has been the method of prior success with a high dependence on defense and rebounding to keep them in games.

The offense is a Chinese fire drill every time we go on offense.
Ok, so we can’t shoot or make fouls, does that mean we have to be lucky to get a decent shot? We have athletes, we should look like we’re running an offense
We hold a team to no field goals for 8 minutes and look worse on offense than the team we’re shutting down

The offense is a Chinese fire drill every time we go on offense.
Ok, so we can’t shoot or make fouls, does that mean we have to be lucky to get a decent shot? We have athletes, we should look like we’re running an offense
We hold a team to no field goals for 8 minutes and look worse on offense than the team we’re shutting down
It comes down to guard play imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT