ADVERTISEMENT

This tweet from South Bend may bring a smile to your face

No it doesn't. I don't give a sh.! about ND. I care about Rutgers. I wish our stupid fans would stop rubbing losses in the face of non opponents or rivals (ND, Syracuse, Uconn) and worry about us. If you follow college football most take us as one of the biggest jokes in the Big 10. So I'd like to change that first by just shutting our mouths and start winning instead of getting satisfaction from other teams who we shouldn't care about losing. Rutgers fans talk more crap for a program that hasn't won anything besides a few crappy bowl games. Change the culture and worry about us and worry about winning. The pity of focusing on other teams who don't effect us makes our fans look desperate.

No it doesn't. I don't give a sh.! about ND. I care about Rutgers. I wish our stupid fans would stop rubbing losses in the face of non opponents or rivals (ND, Syracuse, Uconn) and worry about us. If you follow college football most take us as one of the biggest jokes in the Big 10. So I'd like to change that first by just shutting our mouths and start winning instead of getting satisfaction from other teams who we shouldn't care about losing. Rutgers fans talk more crap for a program that hasn't won anything besides a few crappy bowl games. Change the culture and worry about us and worry about winning. The pity of focusing on other teams who don't effect us makes our fans look desperate.

To whom? Com'on Chip it's PART of being a fan. It's fun.

I watched and was happy with the result. Keep up the good work, Opie!!

A piece of me thought I was going to click this thread and see a tweet from Grant saying tests are negative, he's alright and will be back on the field shortly!

A piece of me thought I was going to click this thread and see a tweet from Grant saying tests are negative, he's alright and will be back on the field shortly!
Sorry, I didn't even consider that when I started this thread. I'll alter the title.

PSU?

"affect."

affleck

ben3.jpg

The reason I am glad about ND loss is, my friend can not say "Ohhhhh, poor Rutgers lost" because his ND team lost to a team that Rutgers would most likely beat. So I got that going for me. Otherwise I wouldn't care about any other team winning or losing except for the best (to root for) team Rutgers.

Reactions: Knight177lb
The OP is fine.

At the end of the day in the USA you are either a ND Fan or a ND hater. There are many fan bases that revel in Note Dame's misery.

Reactions: redking

Excuse me, but I will enjoy seeing teams I hate lose whether we are 12-0, 0-12 or anything in between. I never talk crap about those teams unless provoked by their fans, but I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me I can't think of more than one thing at a time. Sheesh. It's sports. It's supposed to be FUN.

I like to see ND lose and tolerated Harbaugh running it up on PSU more than I would have another team, but no consolation for our loss.

Hating the Frenchies and loving Rutgers are two entirely separate worlds that have nothing to do wih each other. Satisfaction after a Frenchie loss will never get old. Not for me.

Reactions: RUMountie and LC-88
I think it's time for a QB change in ND. Wimbush should start seeing the field.

The act is old in my opinion. Getting satisfaction from teams that don't effect us anymore is irrelevant.

If PSU, OSU, MSU, or UM etc looses. I'm all about rubbing it in their face.
There is a two page thread on the Penn state board cheering the ND lose, as well as Pitt lose.

Yesterday was a tough day for Rutgers fans. Since we can't change the outcome of that game or the injuries we sustained, the next best thing is looking for something else to cheer about!
Anytime ND and PSU lose, it is a great day,

I root for whoever is playing ND every weekend and I enjoy it. There are a lot of ND fans in the state and I’m hoping that one day they’ll come to their senses. Once Rutgers gets good under Ash and ND continues to play horrible, maybe they’ll finally realize that they have no ties whatsoever to ND and no reason to root for them. Then they’ll realize that Rutgers is New Jersey’s only team and come on board. Also, since the AP insists that ND should be ranked in the top 25 all season for beating Boston College, it needs to be pointed out how bad they really are. Losing to Duke if definitely a reason they shouldn’t be ranked and their people need to be reminded about this.

The act is old in my opinion. Getting satisfaction from teams that don't effect us anymore is irrelevant.

It's all a matter of opinion so lighten up a little. I for one would like to see ND and PSU lose every game just my honest opinion. They recruit against us so when they are not doing well it could possibly benefit us. They have no problem using every leverage to sway recruits and we shouldn't either.

Try Miralax...you might feel better...AND smile more.

Sheesh.

The sole reason for rooting against these teams are because they are overrated and get credit where is not due! This rubs people the wrong way. For example, let's just look at Notre Dame this year. They were ranked 10th coming into the year. Why? What have they proven. Nothing! Now they lose to Duke this week and are sitting at 1-3. But they are a quality team right. They are not even a top 30 or even 40 team at this point. Yeah, I like to see the Domers go down every week! I agree with what Nuts said. It's all in fun anyway!

Last edited:
The sole reason for rooting against these teams are because they are overrated and get credit where is not due! This rubs people the wrong way. For example, let's just look at Notre Dame this year. They were ranked 10th coming into the year. Why? What have they proven. Nothing! Now they lose to Duke this week and are sitting at 1-3. But they are a quality team right. They are not even a top 30 or even 40 team at this point. Yeah, I like to see the Domers go down every week! .Like Nuts said it's all in fun anyway!

They were 10-3 last year and were 4 points from being undefeated in the regular season having lost to both Clemson and Stanford on the road.

It's not like they were coming off a 4-8 season and the polls made them 10th for poops and giggles.

They were 10-3 last year and were 4 points from being undefeated in the regular season having lost to both Clemson and Stanford on the road.

It's not like they were coming off a 4-8 season and the polls made them 10th for poops and giggles.
Well where are they now? You can;t judge by what happened last year. Just ask the Iowa team we played yesterday. They were good last year and went to the Rose Bowl. This year they were ranked #13 because of last year's performance. Now they are at #30. And we should have beat them yesterday and we were ranked #101 coming into the game! So how does anyone justify the early #13 ranking? You just can't!

Last edited:
ND was 4 points away from losing to Boston College last year. They come in this year ranked at #10? Ridiculous.

Well thanks for the lecture, you emotionless cyborg.

Reactions: RutCorRx
Notre Dame allowed 134 points in their first four games. That sounds like a top 25 team.

Well where are they now? You can;t judge by what happened last year. Just ask the Iowa team we played yesterday. They were good last year and went to the Rose Bowl. This year they were ranked #13 because of last year's performance. Now they are at #30. And we should have beat them yesterday and we were ranked #101 coming into the game! So how does anyone justify the early #13 ranking? You just can't!

They suck now. No question. But the idea that being ranked 13th to start the year with the talent they had coming back is not some bizarre ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT