ADVERTISEMENT

This win

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
.....gives RU an opportunity to play an enormous meaningful game of importance on September 24 at the stadium vs Iowa. You never want to get ahead and annex Temple as a win but things now seem pretty good for a 3-0 start. So the game was the typical pretty ugly for RU in the first half showing alot of the same sputtering offense and ridiculous mistakes and penalties that kept point off the board for RU. In the end it turned into the prototypical 60 minute chop that Greg Schiano has tasked his charges to accomplish to come away with a victory and that they did. Buckling down on defense and making the key plays on offense. That last drive of 96 yards was one of beauty. Rutgers will almost always win ugly and as they do that will have people pulling their hair out for much of the game as we see in the game thread. In the end its the final score that matters.

The general mood around the program was a bit skeptical coming into today. Admittedly I came into this season in a show me prove it to me mood. RU proved it can go today. Of course, Rutgers still is certainly a work in progress. But we just got a shot in the arm of adrenaline. Its so ****ing great to win on opening day and its even better to beat this Fredo program who has tried to crap on RU over the years despite it being generally irrelevant for almost 2 decades

Today's win gives Rutgers an opportunity to have an opportunity to make a statement in its rebuild. Iowa coming in before a jacked up home crowd and a chance to break an ungodly big 10 home losing streak. All we ask for as Rutgers fans is to be able to be in position to play meaningful games on a Saturday and we are all but guaranteed a game of enormous importance in three weeks. A one game swing on opening day may seem insignificant at first glance but these are the games that you can steal early that can raise the stakes of every single game after that.

Great post, Bac! Can’t dispute any of it and I’m glad you transferred some your hoops prose to the football board. 😎

thanks, its great to be positive here for a change especially after a meaningful win and doing it in this way on the road against a hated former rival and vs a GS protege. The chasm from a loss today to a win today on the confidence in this program is ginormous. The stakes just got changed. It does not mean we will end up being 500 or even in a bowl but it puts us in play and thats all you can ask for in year 3

thanks, its great to be positive here for a change especially after a meaningful win and doing it in this way on the road against a hated former rival and vs a GS protege. The chasm from a loss today to a win today on the confidence in this program is ginormous. The stakes just got changed. It does not mean we will end up being 500 or even in a bowl but it puts us in play and thats all you can ask for in year 3
Spot on as usual

Word
I will admit that I went from WTF to Holy Crap in 30 mins but that was an impressive turnaround. AnD scoreboard watchers will never know.
It only adds to the credibility of last year's forward movement.
Beating OSU and State Penn and Whiskey are future milestones. But beating Cuse, and BC and your OOC schedule and a here and there B1G is legit.

Last edited:
Can’t believe how excited I am for the Wagner game !

My heart rate is pumping fast thinking of us 3-0 vs Iowa. Shouldn’t think ahead !

Hopefully we have a set qb by that time. The rotation of QBs is very disruptive to the team and for the OL

Reactions: Knight Shift
.....gives RU an opportunity to play an enormous meaningful game of importance on September 24 at the stadium vs Iowa. You never want to get ahead and annex Temple as a win but things now seem pretty good for a 3-0 start. So the game was the typical pretty ugly for RU in the first half showing alot of the same sputtering offense and ridiculous mistakes and penalties that kept point off the board for RU. In the end it turned into the prototypical 60 minute chop that Greg Schiano has tasked his charges to accomplish to come away with a victory and that they did. Buckling down on defense and making the key plays on offense. That last drive of 96 yards was one of beauty. Rutgers will almost always win ugly and as they do that will have people pulling their hair out for much of the game as we see in the game thread. In the end its the final score that matters.

The general mood around the program was a bit skeptical coming into today. Admittedly I came into this season in a show me prove it to me mood. RU proved it can go today. Of course, Rutgers still is certainly a work in progress. But we just got a shot in the arm of adrenaline. Its so ****ing great to win on opening day and its even better to beat this Fredo program who has tried to crap on RU over the years despite it being generally irrelevant for almost 2 decades

Today's win gives Rutgers an opportunity to have an opportunity to make a statement in its rebuild. Iowa coming in before a jacked up home crowd and a chance to break an ungodly big 10 home losing streak. All we ask for as Rutgers fans is to be able to be in position to play meaningful games on a Saturday and we are all but guaranteed a game of enormous importance in three weeks. A one game swing on opening day may seem insignificant at first glance but these are the games that you can steal early that can raise the stakes of every single game after that.
Good post , but a long post from a guy who doesn’t like pro sports and who said may be done with it . Just proves , just win

I'm with you brother.
Just speaking from past experience. Would like nothing more than to be pleasantly surprised. I'll be the first guy on here eating crow proudly if your call comes to pass. Your post to God's ears.
Agree with you. Probably 38-40k announced as 45-50k.

We lost to BC 12 games straight and this is our first win. Schiano never beat Boston College before?
that was then, now is a different story.
Look back in anger if you like, but savor the present and the victory today .
For that's what counts now and like bac put it :"Its so ****ing great to win on opening day".

That's my feeling as well because I felt , before the game, RU needs to start off with a victory to make the team start off on a positive note and feel confident they will be able to compete with every program on the schedule.
In my opinion, Schiano not beating BC before just makes this win even more sweeter for the players and RU fans

Me and Mrs Shift were right behind the Rutgers bench where the OL sits between series. The energy with the coaches and the OL in the 4th quarter was off the charts. The WRs, in particular, Sean Ryan and Josh Young blood came over to the OL to give them kudos and pump them up before the last series. They were ready and amped up to go out and execute the final drive. They executed it and Fredo on one shot. And the defense finished the job.

Iowa scored 0 touchdowns today in their home opener against South Dakota State. Won 7-3 on a FG and 2 safeties

Reactions: Wolv RU
ADVERTISEMENT