ADVERTISEMENT

This win

We lost to BC 11 games straight and this is our first win. Schiano never beat Boston College before?
I have a Rutgers fan since my freshman year of college. Since that time, they have only tied BC in 1994. (I was at that game with my cousin who’s a BC alumnus.) Other times, RU lost. It really felt good to see my alma mater beat that team.

People go to games to tailgate, see friends and root for Rutgers.

Very few buy tickets based on the opponent unless they are a fan of the other school
I disagree. Wagner vs Ru or Penn St/ Michigan, Ohio St. vs RU. Take away the opponents fans and the Penn St/ Michigan/ Ohio St game will have at least 50% more RU fans. You get much more fringe fans to come out and see a big time opponent.

What a win! Makes up for the last time I went to an RU-BC game in Chestnut Hill in 1990. Entering that game, RU had beaten BC four in a row. It looked like RU was going to get its fifth straight victory over the Eagles, but BC drove 84 yards in the final minutes, scoring a TD with 19 seconds remaining to win, 19-14.

After 32 years, it feels good to avenge that loss!

The 1990 game...

Last edited:
After the BC win can we expect 5 or more wins, or are we still sticking with 4-8?

What a win! Makes up for the last time I went to an RU-BC game in Chestnut Hill in 1990. Entering that game, RU had beaten BC four in a row. It looked like RU was going to get its fifth straight victory vs. the Eagles, but BC drove 84 yards in the final minutes, scoring a TD with 19 seconds remaining to win, 19-14.

After 32 years, it feels good to avenge that loss!

The 1990 game...
Last time I went to Chestnut Hill was when Mike McMahon was the qb. Was probably’99 or 2000 and we lost badly. This win felt really good!

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Should redo the poll. I think most people were at 3-4 wins. I think Iowa, Nebraska and Indiana are winnable games- that would give us 6 and maybe we surprise for 1 more. If that happens and we go 7 and 5 or 6-6 plus a bowl trip, I would call that a successful year.

Reactions: thegock
Still think 4.5 is the good O/U. 1 down, 3 more gimmies (Wagner, Temple, Indiana). So that’s 4 do we get one of the remaining 8? That’s the question. 2 more (aka bowl game) would be insane

Still think 4.5 is the good O/U. 1 down, 3 more gimmies (Wagner, Temple, Indiana). So that’s 4 do we get one of the remaining 8? That’s the question. 2 more (aka bowl game) would be insane
Agree but Indiana is no gimme imo. Every B1G team is far more physical than BC. RU will have to make big plays to beat them.

Last time I went to Chestnut Hill was when Mike McMahon was the qb. Was probably’99 or 2000 and we lost badly. This win felt really good!
I was at that game as well. Definitely a smaller contingent of RU fans than we had Saturday.
Great win !

Reactions: 29PAS
ADVERTISEMENT