ADVERTISEMENT

Those of you who were at the scrimmage: hydrate yourselves.

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
And continue through the night into tomorrow morning. You need to make up the amount of fluid you lost due to the heat.

Reactions: RUChoppin
jumping-through-the-sprinkler.jpg
SprinklerSpray1.gif

Hydration Now in Progress!

Spanky I did drink water most of the evening, but I still wound up not feeling great, and waking up in the middle of the night with stomach and leg cramps. Ugh.

A photographer grabbed a pic of some of us , I'm the dude w black umbrella and straw hat.. Check out the shirtless dude in front of us. He was about 65, rocked a mullet and backbrace and he kept turning around smiling without a tooth in his mouth like he was delirious from the heat. He probably was. Looked like an ex O lineman or hockey player , lol

20914364-standard.jpg

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Abro I was about 30 feet over from you to your right.
Directly up from the Staff guy with the yellow shirt who kept chasing people away who were non-members.

That toothless guy did look like a warrior...he did however leave before the end as the hit got to him.

Smart idea bringing an umbrella. I should have done that.

It was absolutely brutal until we got a little cloud cover and a slight breeze.... was dripping wet with sweat. Drank a ton of water on the drive over, during the practice, and after... and still woke up feeling a bit hungover from dehydration.

And Coach Parker was out there rocking long black sweatpants and two black shirts.

Anyone else think the Rutgers Athletics Dept whiffed on a chance for a nice gesture to its fans yesterday by not handing out a free bottle of bottle to attendees as they walked through the entryway? People remember those simple gestures/thank you's.

Spanky You normally hydrate with scotch. I don't think have ever seen you hydrate with water.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Going to the Jets practice today and started to hydrate last night. I've found that drinking plenty of water the day before, during and after extreme events really cuts down on the cramps. It increases your trips to the bathroom, but that is a fair trade-off for those painful cramps that seem to happen just when your comfortably relaxing at home. Wide brimmed hats like Abro is wearing are the best and if you want to go further, soak a bandana in water & wear it underneath and/or put one around your neck. There a good reason why people wear the straw cowboy hats. Mine has served me well on some brutally hot days of fishing.

Water or Gatorade ? I like the electrolytes in this heat . So I do a 50/50 mix of the too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT